ADVERTISEMENT

Region D Bracket

I would be shocked if the top four isn't:

1. EC Glass
2. Western Albemarle
3. Jefferson Forest
4. GW Danville

Could be totally wrong but feel pretty confident that will be the top four. No clue outside of that.

Glass has a rematch with Radford tonight. Will be a good matchup before heading into the playoffs.

Radford (as always) has gotten much better as the season has gone on, could have beaten Northside. Will be a great matchup for both teams heading into the playoffs. So too bad John Marshall is in Class 2, otherwise will be a fun playoffs for that Class.

Western Albemarle knocked off 21-3 Albemarle in the District Championship on Monday night. They are tough, I think they will make quick work of Jefferson Forest. Glass/Western round 2 from last year should be a great one in Lynchburg.

Glass has a rematch with Radford tonight. Will be a good matchup before heading into the playoffs.
Glass wore them down earlier in the year. Was a great game that broke loose in the 4th. Radford is playing better than earlier in the year, but went through a stretch of cold shooting. As of recent that has turned around. They can play with most teams not named John Marshall - example: OT loss to Northside recently. Should be a tight game again. I give the depth and edge to Glass, but wouldn't be surprised either way.

Glass wore them down earlier in the year. Was a great game that broke loose in the 4th. Radford is playing better than earlier in the year, but went through a stretch of cold shooting. As of recent that has turned around. They can play with most teams not named John Marshall - example: OT loss to Northside recently. Should be a tight game again. I give the depth and edge to Glass, but wouldn't be surprised either way.
Looks like Radford chose to have a turnover and brick fest. Get it out of the way before the playoffs start. Smart.

In all honesty I don’t think they will, but yes, I think they certainly have a shot at it. Only one common opponent, LC Bird who Glass beat by 4 and Varina beat by 15. Still, I think if the two did match up that the Hilltoppers would give Varina all they could handle. We will see. Varina certainly should be the favorite to win C4.

I've been trying to find out a lil info and Region Class 2C. I'm sure we'll know something by Wednesday.
REGION 2C - BOYS 🏀
Mountain Sub Region
1 Floyd County
2 Gretna
3 Martinsville
4 Patrick County
5 Dan River
6 Chatham

81 Sub Region
1 Radford
2 Glenvar
3 James River
4 Alleghany
5 Appomattox County
6 Nelson County

1st Round Byes: Radford, Glenvar, Floyd County, Gretna

REGION 2C BOYS - 1st Round
5 Appomattox County at 4 Alleghany (winner plays 1 Radford)
6 Nelson County at 3 James River (winner plays 2 Glenvar)

6 Chatham at 3 Martinsville (winner plays 2 Gretna)
5 Dan River at 4 Patrick County (winner plays 1 Floyd)

REGION 2C - GIRLS 🏀
Mountain Sub Region
1 Chatham
2 Floyd County
3 Patrick County
4 Gretna
5 Martinsville
6 Dan River

81 Sub Region
1 Alleghany
2 Glenvar
3 Appomattox County
4 James River
5 Nelson County
6 Radford

REGION 2C GIRLS
Alleghany, Glenvar, Chatham, and Floyd County receive 1st Round Byes:

1st Round
6 Radford at 3 Appomattox (winner plays 2 Glenvar0
5 Nelson County at 4 James River (winner plays 1 Alleghany)

6 Dan River at 3 Patrick County (winner plays 2 Floyd)
5 Martinsville at 4 Gretna (winner plays 1 Chatham)

Reactions: AntGZee
King George is highly overrated. This is Varina’s region to win.

MaxPreps is showing them as the #2 seed with 4 losses. 1 to Stewart, 1 to St. Frances, and 2 that appear to be forfeits. Not sure how accurate that is though.
Gotcha. I know they lost to Steward and beat those two NC teams.. Not sure why they have forfeits. Also didn’t know they played St. Frances.

Final: Glass 57, GW 43. Hilltoppers receive an automatic bid into the Class 4 state tourney and play the winner of tonight’s JF vs Western Albemarle game for the region title

• Sad
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Halftime Update: Western Albemarle leads Jefferson Forest 37-30 in the Region 4D semifinal.

With 3:36 to go in the 3rd, Western Albemarle leads Jefferson Forest 53-37

End 3rd Qtr | Western Albemarle extends the lead over to Jefferson Forest to 60-43.

Final: Western Albemarle boys basketball tops Jefferson Forest 77-63 in the Region 4D semifinals and earns a state tournament berth.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT