Who wins

• Blacksburg

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • Glass

Votes: 50 67.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It definitely matters if he was planning to go to a place where the game isn’t Lol

ESPN-Blacksburg will have the call of the Blacksburg-EC Glass Region 4D championship game from Christiansburg’s George N. Porterfield Stadium tonight. Pre-game coverage begins at 6:15 pm; kick-off is at 7:00 pm. Go to www.espnblacksburg.com, then click on the Listen Live icon at the top of the home page. There is also an ESPN-Blacksburg app that can be downloaded (free) onto a Smartphone in the App Store. 93.1 FM and 97.1 FM (simulcast) for local listeners.

ESPN-Blacksburg will have the call of the Blacksburg-EC Glass Region 4D championship game from Christiansburg’s George N. Porterfield Stadium tonight. Pre-game coverage begins at 6:15 pm; kick-off is at 7:00 pm. Go to www.espnblacksburg.com, then click on the Listen Live icon at the top of the home page. There is also an ESPN-Blacksburg app that can be downloaded (free) onto a Smartphone in the App Store. 93.1 FM and 97.1 FM (simulcast) for local listeners.

It’ll be good to hear your take on the matchups tonight.

It’ll be good to hear your take on the matchups tonight.

I think this game could come down to turnovers and special teams.

Both offenses can light it up, and both defenses can shut down opposing offenses. I’m particularly impressed by #58, Holden Fretz, up front defensively for Glass - he’s a real havoc-wrecker! The Glass defensive secondary is solid and breaks well on the ball. For Blacksburg on defense, a key will be to keep Kendrick moving laterally and not let him plant and head upfield, where he can do considerable damage. Blacksburg’s defense moves laterally (I.e., sideline-to-sideline) as well as any Bruins team I’ve seen in my 15 years in Blacksburg; whether or not they can keep Kendrick contained is ultra-critical for Blacksburg. If Blacksburg can force Kendrick to throw more often than he takes off and improvises that will be to Blackburg’s advantage. Offensively for Blacksburg, the offensive line is the key - if they can give Grant Johnston time to throw and for the passing routes to develop, then that gives Blacksburg an advantage. Blacksburg has playmakers who can create if - IF - Johnston has time to get the football to them.

As I stated initially, this could come down to turnovers and which defense can rally when they happen in order to minimize the damage. I don’t know much about Glass’ kicking game, but Blacksburg has two good placekickers - Chas Shelor and Dawson Racek; between them they are 8-of-10 on FGs (one blocked, the other just short from 47). If it’s a tight game and a last possession type of game and Blacksburg has the ball I like the Bruins’ chances if they are within FG range.

I don’t think either team wins by more than 10 points; I’ll be surprised if that isn’t the case tonight.

I’m really looking forward to calling this one on ESPN-Blacksburg (www.espnblacksburg.com, then Listen Live; or download the ESPN Blacksburg app from the App Store to listen via phone or tablet) and we always welcome constructive feedback on how we’ve delivered the game to the listeners. Our pre-game coverage starts at 6:15 pm. Text us during the game at 866-961-1430 with your first name and where you’re listening from and we’ll try to acknowledge you on the air.

Best wishes to both teams for a well played, injury-free contest tonight. Safe travels for the Hilltoppers fans and team to and from the game.

I think this game could come down to turnovers and special teams.

Both offenses can light it up, and both defenses can shut down opposing offenses. I’m particularly impressed by #58, Holden Fretz, up front defensively for Glass - he’s a real havoc-wrecker! The Glass defensive secondary is solid and breaks well on the ball. For Blacksburg on defense, a key will be to keep Kendrick moving laterally and not let him plant and head upfield, where he can do considerable damage. Blacksburg’s defense moves laterally (I.e., sideline-to-sideline) as well as any Bruins team I’ve seen in my 15 years in Blacksburg; whether or not they can keep Kendrick contained is ultra-critical for Blacksburg. If Blacksburg can force Kendrick to throw more often than he takes off and improvises that will be to Blackburg’s advantage. Offensively for Blacksburg, the offensive line is the key - if they can give Grant Johnston time to throw and for the passing routes to develop, then that gives Blacksburg an advantage. Blacksburg has playmakers who can create if - IF - Johnston has time to get the football to them.

As I stated initially, this could come down to turnovers and which defense can rally when they happen in order to minimize the damage. I don’t know much about Glass’ kicking game, but Blacksburg has two good placekickers - Chas Shelor and Dawson Racek; between them they are 8-of-10 on FGs (one blocked, the other just short from 47). If it’s a tight game and a last possession type of game and Blacksburg has the ball I like the Bruins’ chances if they are within FG range.

I don’t think either team wins by more than 10 points; I’ll be surprised if that isn’t the case tonight.

I’m really looking forward to calling this one on ESPN-Blacksburg (www.espnblacksburg.com, then Listen Live; or download the ESPN Blacksburg app from the App Store to listen via phone or tablet) and we always welcome constructive feedback on how we’ve delivered the game to the listeners. Our pre-game coverage starts at 6:15 pm. Text us during the game at 866-961-1430 with your first name and where you’re listening from and we’ll try to acknowledge you on the air.

Best wishes to both teams for a well played, injury-free contest tonight. Safe travels for the Hilltoppers fans and team to and from the game.

Good stuff. Holden is a monster! Glass basically has the same defensive line as last year, so expect the pressure from them. Looks like Johnston can escape pressure more and that is a dangerous thing if we let him loose to throw a Bomb! This game will be won or lost in the trenches for both teams.

Kendrick is a special talent with good pieces around him that can make plays as well. Blacksburg will definitely be the best defense we’ve played all year.

Really looking forward to this game!

The Seminole is the best district top to bottom in this area. Salem scrimmaged brookville and got beat down. Now I understand Salem always is bad in scrimmages but Salem was down this year. The northside vs heritage game is hard to explain, but it’s football. I believe glass is better than heritage this year they were just not better that day. I say all of this not to diminish Blacksburg because they are legit and I expect a one score game decided in the 4th quarter
Do you still feel this way?

Do you still feel this way?
Absolutely, Blacksburg won and they deserve all the credit. But they didn’t get the Hilltoppers best shot, they had 3 defensive starters out, and ended playing most of the game with 3 starters on offense. Injuries are a part of the game and their are no excuses. Three years ago we finished the season 1-9 and tonight we finished the season 11-2. The glass program is back to being relative but still lacks depth. But with a junior dominated roster, watch out next year. I will say Blacksburg has the fastest defense I have seen in along time.

Absolutely, Blacksburg won and they deserve all the credit. But they didn’t get the Hilltoppers best shot, they had 3 defensive starters out, and ended playing most of the game with 3 starters on offense. Injuries are a part of the game and their are no excuses. Three years ago we finished the season 1-9 and tonight we finished the season 11-2. The glass program is back to being relative but still lacks depth. But with a junior dominated roster, watch out next year. I will say Blacksburg has the fastest defense I have seen in along time.
If LB throttles Heritage next week will you still feel this way?

If LB throttles Heritage next week will you still feel this way?
LB and Blacksburg aren’t in the same district so it wouldn’t deminish the quality or reputation of the Seminole. It would just mean the two best teams from the Roanoke are we’re better than the two best teams from the Seminole district. That doesn’t take away from the quality of the Seminole from top to bottom.

Sorry @Hilltoperhokie for jumping in your conversation

LB and Blacksburg aren’t in the same district so it wouldn’t deminish the quality or reputation of the Seminole. It would just mean the two best teams from the Roanoke are we’re better than the two best teams from the Seminole district. That doesn’t take away from the quality of the Seminole from top to bottom. Btw...LB could very well throttle Heritage next week. LB was my pre-season pic to win 3A and not taking anything away from Heritage but, I think they have overachieved by making it this far.

Oh well doesn’t change the fact we got a better record

Yeah if you want to hold onto that then it's cool...but you are 0-15 against your rival the last 15 tries...and you just lost to the worst VT team in last 25 years

"We got a better record" hahaha

Yeah if you want to hold onto that then it's cool...but you are 0-15 against your rival the last 15 tries...and you just lost to the worst VT team in last 25 years

"We got a better record" hahaha

If you want to hold on to us not winning not much has changed in the past 15 years, UVA has made what 4 or 5 bowls in those 15 years so what quality of teams has tech defeated to extend the streak? Sure it’s not great to lose 15 in a row but ultimately the only thing y’all have done that UVA hasn’t is consistently go bowling. The UVA team was predicted to finish last in the conference st the beginning and won 7 games and were in contention for a division title, progression is trending the right way. The streak won’t live much longer at this rate and then I’ll just here about the past of the streak, so clamor on to what you like but the trajectory of the HOOS is trending upward, while i can’t speak the same of fuente’S Hokies. You got 364 days to enjoy this have at it, but I know I won’t hear much from you Hokies as the rest of the athletic programs aren’t really conversation worthy.

there is the Roanoke Valley and The New River Valley , it is called the River Ridge District . ( Roanoke River . New River ) also The New River Valley still has 3 teams playing next weekend , Galax, Radford, and Blacksburg.

Reactions: freeatlast2013
LB and Blacksburg aren’t in the same district so it wouldn’t deminish the quality or reputation of the Seminole. It would just mean the two best teams from the Roanoke are we’re better than the two best teams from the Seminole district. That doesn’t take away from the quality of the Seminole from top to bottom.

I could say the 2 best teams from the Blue Ride are better than the 2 best teams from the Seminole district.

If you want to hold on to us not winning not much has changed in the past 15 years, UVA has made what 4 or 5 bowls in those 15 years so what quality of teams has tech defeated to extend the streak? Sure it’s not great to lose 15 in a row but ultimately the only thing y’all have done that UVA hasn’t is consistently go bowling. The UVA team was predicted to finish last in the conference st the beginning and won 7 games and were in contention for a division title, progression is trending the right way. The streak won’t live much longer at this rate and then I’ll just here about the past of the streak, so clamor on to what you like but the trajectory of the HOOS is trending upward, while i can’t speak the same of fuente’S Hokies. You got 364 days to enjoy this have at it, but I know I won’t hear much from you Hokies as the rest of the athletic programs aren’t really conversation worthy.

Cause this is a football board genius and we talk football here...and hokie or not I couldn't care less about soccer,lacrosse and girls hockey or tennis...sorry but those are sissy sports...have fun with them boo hoo fan

Cause this is a football board genius and we talk football here...and hokie or not I couldn't care less about soccer,lacrosse and girls hockey or tennis...sorry but those are sissy sports...have fun with them boo hoo fan
Sissy sports? How very ignorant of you.

Sissy sports? How very ignorant of you.
They are proud of being 5-6! Typical VT fans. Over 100 yrs of college sports and the only thing in their trophy room is dust and a chicken. They beat UVA,but still got the same view looking up at UVA in the standings. But hey....15 in a row is nothing compared to over 100yrs of failure in ALL SPORTS,including football!

At least those losers can bass fish! 23-0!! Gotta wear sun glasses in UVA’s trophy room!

first off this is the Fall Sports Forum , and yes football is played in the fall along with boys and girls cross country, golf, and girls volleyball and cheerleaders
. . Those kids train just as hard as any football player , calling them sissies shows maybe your helmet didn't fit very well .

They are proud of being 5-6! Typical VT fans. Over 100 yrs of college sports and the only thing in their trophy room is dust and a chicken. They beat UVA,but still got the same view looking up at UVA in the standings. But hey....15 in a row is nothing compared to over 100yrs of failure in ALL SPORTS,including football!

At least those losers can bass fish! 23-0!! Gotta wear sun glasses in UVA’s trophy room!

Looking up at uva huh? Well both teams are 4-4 in conference and guess what #1 tie breaker is? Yeah that's right head to head...so actually uva is below VT in conference standings...yeah and im the ignorant one hahaha

first off this is the Fall Sports Forum , and yes football is played in the fall along with boys and girls cross country, golf, and girls volleyball and cheerleaders
. . Those kids train just as hard as any football player , calling them sissies shows maybe your helmet didn't fit very well .

I'm sorry Mr cross country star or cheerleader...my bad

Take your pissing match to
I'm sorry Mr cross country star or cheerleader...my bad
Wrong again Mr Soft, but I do give respect where it is deserved...….. This is a high school sports Forum ( Va Preps ) please take your pissing match to Hokie Haven , you can discuss college sports there...……..

Take your pissing match to

Wrong again Mr Soft, but I do give respect where it is deserved...….. This is a high school sports Forum ( Va Preps ) please take your pissing match to Hokie Haven , you can discuss college sports there...……..

Thanks for the advice bburg cheerleader but you should tell others that also

Actually I'm the Wells Fargo Cup polisher, call me when you get 1...……….

We have been over this before, like someone else said, this is the FALL sports board, and even more defined the 4A FALL SPORTS BOARD.

So go ahead and discuss the college game, makes no difference to me, but don't disrespect the other sports who certainly work hard at their crafts and dont deserve it, and don't disrespect other posters who point out that this is in fact FALL board, not just football.

Reactions: 1bburgfan
We have been over this before, like someone else said, this is the FALL sports board, and even more defined the 4A FALL SPORTS BOARD.

So go ahead and discuss the college game, makes no difference to me, but don't disrespect the other sports who certainly work hard at their crafts and dont deserve it, and don't disrespect other posters who point out that this is in fact FALL board, not just football.

My bad chief lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT