Dec 9, 2006
Salem 29.9
JF. 29.7

Salem 29.9
JF. 29.9

I missed the Halifax game
This matches what I had for top scores if LCA won

Last edited:
JF started night with 270. LCA 8 + 2 + 10=290. Five @ 2=300.
Help me out here. What's the 2 for (8+2+10)? 10 for the rider points, but LCA only played 9 games, so shouldn't that be 9? Or is the 10 for something else? Really not 100% on the ratings.

LCA only played 9 games

Help me out here. What's the 2 for (8+2+10)? 10 for the rider points, but LCA only played 9 games, so shouldn't that be 9? Or is the 10 for something else? Really not 100% on the ratings.
The 2 is for playing a team that is one div down
It should be 9 for for the games LCA played

I had Halifax losing tonight by mistake so I have them tied at 29.9

Look at tiebreaker G. Average Rating percentage of opponents. I did the math last week and Salem was ahead. Blacksburg's record might doom them. I will try and run the numbers. It's 30 to 30 in my book.

Come on @tommythecpa do the math. It's a chore, because we don't have every teams ratings. It was easier last week, because I already had them. Too much work. 😂

#6 Sherando (5-5) @ #3 E.C. Glass (7-3)
#7 GW-Danville (6-4) @ #2 Salem/Jeff. Forest (9-1)
-
#5 John Handley (7-3) @ #4 Millbrook (7-3)
#8 Liberty (Beal) (5-5) @ #1 Salem/Jeff. Forest (9-1)

Both played LCA, so they're left out of this.

Salem : 245+315+173+313+165+203+179+256+176=2025
Jeff : 239+185+205+230+257+145+279+196+188= 1924

#6 Sherando (5-5) @ #3 E.C. Glass (7-3)
#7 GW-Danville (6-4) @ #2 Jeff. Forest (9-1)
-
#5 John Handley (7-3) @ #4 Millbrook (7-3)
#8 Liberty (Beal) (5-5) @ #1 Salem (9-1)

Based on what our Robert Anderson is projecting, it looks like Salem will win the tie-breaker over Jefferson Forest on one of the last tie-breakers (which if I recall correctly from our conversation is either G or H when it comes to the higher average power rating of opponents).

We'll know officially when the VHSL releases the pairings on Sunday, though.

I sense a familiar foe on the horizon for Salem next week. Not sure the opponent will be thrilled to hear the news, though.
It’ll be Carroll County ugly. I hate it but I’ve been b*tch slapped with words all for giving honest and factual takes so I don’t even talk about it anymore.

Why did WSLS already post JF 1 and Salem 2? Do they know something we don't know or do they not know what you guys know?

Why did WSLS already post JF 1 and Salem 2? Do they know something we don't know or do they not know what you guys know?
Not sure - and it's unofficial of course until the VHSL releases them (and even they have had a couple mistakes in past that they had to fix)... but I can speak for Robert and myself that we have spent HOURS of adding up the math and spreadsheets...

Based on what he's showing doing the numbers for a ton of regions, it looks like they are tied. When you stare at numbers for hours upon hours though, it's easy to miss a bonus point here or there... I caught something in Region 2A late last night around Midnight that was not initially plugged in someone's computer, so it happens.

Salem 29.9
JF. 29.7
Not sure - and it's unofficial of course until the VHSL releases them (and even they have had a couple mistakes in past that they had to fix)... but I can speak for Robert and myself that we have spent HOURS of adding up the math and spreadsheets...

Based on what he's showing doing the numbers for a ton of regions, it looks like they are tied. When you stare at numbers for hours upon hours though, it's easy to miss a bonus point here or there... I caught something in Region 2A late last night around Midnight that was not initially plugged in someone's computer, so it happens.
What is the tiebreaker?

What is the tiebreaker?

Based on what our Robert Anderson is projecting, it looks like Salem will win the tie-breaker over Jefferson Forest on one of the last tie-breakers (which if I recall correctly from our conversation is either G or H when it comes to the higher average power rating of opponents).

We'll know officially when the VHSL releases the pairings on Sunday, though.

Reactions: SFUWO

If you look at the tab you use to see their brackets. It says projections. They were not official

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT