ADVERTISEMENT

Region III tournament setup

DiamondDude

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
12 teams again. First round hosted by the #2 teams from each district next Monday (Nov. 9) Unknown yet.
Tuesday (Nov. 10) Quarterfinals at Fort Defiance (S.Valley#1), Spotswood (Mass.#1), Lord Botetourt (BR#1) and Jefferson Forest (Seminole#1)
Thursday (Nov. 12) 2 Semifinal matches at Wilson Memorial HS near Staunton and the finals on Saturday (Nov. 14) at Wilson or a site TBD.

Thanks for posting. I haven't seen Spotswood or Fort Defiance play this year but EC Glass and Jefferson Forest are both very good so I'm picking them to advance to states from Region III. I still can't believe the Seminole District actually flipped a coin to break a tie and determine the #1 seed for regionals. If I was a player or coach at EC Glass I would not be happy that I lost an automatic bid to regionals on a coin flip... that should be determined on the court. Just my two cents.

Spotswood beat Fort Defiance twice, both times winning 3-0 this year. However, recently SHS has had a tough time with the Roanoke area teams. Like you said, wouldn't be surprised if JF, LB, EC Glass, or WB if they make it in to advance from Region 3 to states.

Good luck to all teams!

WB is not strong this year. LB is solid but I think they might struggle with the size and speed of JF or ECG. It will be an interesting next few weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT