ADVERTISEMENT

Regional tournament for soccer

Sep 18, 2007
Does anyone know how many teams will be in the regional tournament this season. I know that it’s usually 8 but I didn’t know if it would be different this year. I know that volleyball had 8, so I’m hoping soccer will do the same.

I haven't been able to see what will happen in Region A this year as it doesn't look like it is posted anywhere. It looks like there are 10 boys teams competing and 6 girls teams competing. With at least 3 different districts represented. I don't know how seeding will work for that tournament

Region B has these standings posted on their Weebly page. Looks like only 8 Boys Teams and 3 Girls Teams competing in that Region. Again there are 5 different districts represented here so I don't know how the seeding for the region will shape out.

Region C has two districts. The Pioneer (Boys 5 teams, Girls 3 Teams) and the Mountain Empire (Boys 4 teams, Girls 5 teams). The Regular Season Champion from each district gets an automatic bid to the Region and the district tournament champion or runner up if it is the same champion get into the region. 4 total teams for boys and girls.

Region D has 2 districts but only 4 teams - Honaker, Patrick Henry Glade Spring, Rural Retreat and Grundy (listed on multiple teams schedules but I haven't seen a posted score for them yet so I don't know for sure if they have a squad) competing on the boys side and only Honaker competing on the girls side. Normally this is decided when Honaker and PHGS play each other in the regular season since they are in different districts but I'm assuming they will need to play a region tournament this year having 3 teams on the boys side.

As far as I know all 8 teams playing for Boys will make playoffs. Basically everyone playing for seeding if I was to take a crack at it I would say as of this week Middlesex Rapp Wnl Northampton Northumberland West Point Lancaster Mathews. Maybe?

Eight teams make the region with nine teams playing. As of May 27, the top four seeds are (were) Middlesex, Rappahannock, W&L, and Northampton

1.Middlesex 2. Rappahannock 3.Wnl 4. Northampton 5.Northumberland 6. Mathews 7. Lancaster 8. West Point standings as of yesterday afternoon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT