Amherst 6-4
Sherando 9-1
Jefferson Forest 7-3
Blacksburg 9-1
Charlottesville 7-3
Dinwiddee 9-1
Pulaski 7-3

Add your predictions for other teams or disagree with mine
You think Amherst will be 6-4 even after their coach quit yesterday?

Reactions: wikki
Southbottom, you have reminded us on numerous occassions that you are an educated man, so I know you are aware of the correct spelling of Dinwiddie! You and another Salem poster consistently/intentionally do this and its getting old.

With that being said Dinwiddie will likely be 7-3 and Salem 8-2 at the worst.

Reactions: Lewis918777
Salem 7-3
GW Danville 10-0
EC Glass 9-1
Amherst 6-4
Sherando 9-1
Jefferson Forest 7-3
Blacksburg 9-1
Charlottesville 7-3
Dinwiddee 9-1
Pulaski 7-3

I agree mostly with you SBU.

Salem 7-3
GW 10-0
Glass 9-1
Amherst 5-5
Sherando 10-0
JF 8-2
Blacksburg 9-1
Dinwiddie 10-0
Louisa 10-0
Charlottesville 8-2
William Byrd 7-3
Pulaski 8-2

Who are these teams losing to?

I would be shocked if Salem is 7-3, and I dont follow them.
Salem- Dinwiddie, Blacksburg and Pulaski (best week 10 game in the state).
Glass- Heritage (Really want to give Glass 10-0 but the Seminole is tough and Heritage wants revenge from last year).
JF- Glass and GW
Bburg- LB
Cville- Glass and Louisa
Pulaski- PH and Blacksburg
WB- SR, Northside and LB.. Can see Fleming sneaking a win in too.
Forgot to add Monacan at 9-1- Manchester

Who are these teams losing to?

I would be shocked if Salem is 7-3, and I dont follow them.
Since when was 7-3 considered a bad season and so unbelievable with a tough schedule and a young team? They were 8-2 last year and won the state championship with household names like Ramsey, Wade, Craft and Tucker... They are gone and that’s not a bad year with a bunch of sophomores in important spots.

You never know what will happen. These kids could so motivated an win more games than we think.
I guess anything is possible but the odds are not in their favor unfortunately. I usually don’t have sympathy for the competition but I truly feel bad for the players. They deserve much better than what this was.

I guess anything is possible but the odds are not in their favor unfortunately. I usually don’t have sympathy for the competition but I truly feel bad for the players. They deserve much better than what this was.
Yes it is sad for these kids, they had no choice in the matter and especially the seniors

Reactions: VolNation85
I hope Amherst goes 9-1. It is a shame that the powers that be screwed this up that bad. Of course I hope the one loss is to glass but Amherst is my second favorite hs team.
I heard that some of the players are determined to prove themselves now but it will be a tough task

I am always lurking in the shadows, I saw you, one man, and a couple other prominent posters Saturday. I am like a super hero my identity is my most prized possession.

Since when was 7-3 considered a bad season and so unbelievable with a tough schedule and a young team? They were 8-2 last year and won the state championship with household names like Ramsey, Wade, Craft and Tucker... They are gone and that’s not a bad year with a bunch of sophomores in important spots.

Not once did I say that would be a bad season, or even imply it. All I said is I would be shocked if they went 7-3.

Now since you brought it up, how would a 7-3 season be for GW

Reactions: close2salem
Not once did I say that would be a bad season, or even imply it. All I said is I would be shocked if they went 7-3.

Now since you brought it up, how would a 7-3 season be for GW
I was referring to your "I'd be shocked if they went 7-3" and then I made my post asking why is that so unbelievable. The bad season reference is to the other posters who act as if the world is going to end if they go 7-3, which isn't much different from where they were last year as they lost to Dinwiddie and Blacksburg and had a close one against PH.

As far as GW goes, GW and Salem are under 2 totally different circumstances. GW brings back a slew of playmakers, much of their front 7 and a Division 1 safety. Salem lost a lot and if you were at the scrimmage the other day you'd understand why SBU (and other reasonable fans) and I would say that Salem could be a 3 loss team. If GW goes 7-3 then it is a terrible season for a team who brings back a great majority of its players...Salem has a very young team and a tougher 4a schedule so 7-3 would not be a bad year by any means. Yeah 2015 they lost a lot but they had players like Claiborne, Alex Ramsey and Riley Fox who were dynamic players to fill the void with their younger players.

Did we say they would not make the playoffs? No.
Did we say that they would not contend for the Region D championship? No.
If Salem plays GW in November, who will I give the advantage to? Salem, just because Salem has lost 2 games in the playoffs since 2013.
Do I believe Salem is a state championship looking football team..HELL NO, but it's a long time between now and December so a lot can and will change.

Don't get it twisted, I believe in the coaches at Salem more so than the team. They have some guys who the coaches will make into dogs by season's end.

I am always lurking in the shadows, I saw you, one man, and a couple other prominent posters Saturday. I am like a super hero my identity is my most prized possession.
I try to be the same way. You must be Clarke Kent and I’m Bruce Wayne lol

A lot of people seem concerned about Salem’s secondary but they play in the River Ridge district. To my knowledge, with the exception of maybe Pulaski, none of those teams pass the ball more than they run. If this is the case then, it plays into Salem’s strength. Even if they finish the regular season 7-3 or 6-4 or whatever, they will be a dangerous team if they make the playoffs.

I don’t know any of th Salem staff personally but I would be willing to bet that they don’t care what their regular season record is. As long as they make the playoffs they will probably like their chances.

A lot of people seem concerned about Salem’s secondary but they play in the River Ridge district. To my knowledge, with the exception of maybe Pulaski, none of those teams pass the ball more than they run. If this is the case then, it plays into Salem’s strength. Even if they finish the regular season 7-3 or 6-4 or whatever, they will be a dangerous team if they make the playoffs.

I don’t know any of th Salem staff personally but I would be willing to bet that they don’t care what their regular season record is. As long as they make the playoffs they will probably like their chances.
Blacksburg runs out of the spread so they are a dangerous passing team, especially with Johnston and Terry returning.

Reactions: JOrndorff
I was referring to your "I'd be shocked if they went 7-3" and then I made my post asking why is that so unbelievable. The bad season reference is to the other posters who act as if the world is going to end if they go 7-3, which isn't much different from where they were last year as they lost to Dinwiddie and Blacksburg and had a close one against PH.

As far as GW goes, GW and Salem are under 2 totally different circumstances. GW brings back a slew of playmakers, much of their front 7 and a Division 1 safety. Salem lost a lot and if you were at the scrimmage the other day you'd understand why SBU (and other reasonable fans) and I would say that Salem could be a 3 loss team. If GW goes 7-3 then it is a terrible season for a team who brings back a great majority of its players...Salem has a very young team and a tougher 4a schedule so 7-3 would not be a bad year by any means. Yeah 2015 they lost a lot but they had players like Claiborne, Alex Ramsey and Riley Fox who were dynamic players to fill the void with their younger players.

Did we say they would not make the playoffs? No.
Did we say that they would not contend for the Region D championship? No.
If Salem plays GW in November, who will I give the advantage to? Salem, just because Salem has lost 2 games in the playoffs since 2013.
Do I believe Salem is a state championship looking football team..HELL NO, but it's a long time between now and December so a lot can and will change.

Don't get it twisted, I believe in the coaches at Salem more so than the team. They have some guys who the coaches will make into dogs by season's end.

I am certainly not saying it is unbelievable for them to go 7-3 or worse, what I said was I would be shocked. I just dont see from recent history of them having much more trouble than Dinwiddie and Blacksburg. And doesn't Blacksburg have a new coach? That will be an adjustment.

As for GW, I dont think anyone would expect that, but when you say who would say 7-3 is a bad season opens it up. I remember reading that if they dont go 10-0 then it's a terrible season. And as you said, Salem went 8-2 and won a championship, so GW COULD do the same thing.

I am certainly not saying it is unbelievable for them to go 7-3 or worse, what I said was I would be shocked. I just dont see from recent history of them having much more trouble than Dinwiddie and Blacksburg. And doesn't Blacksburg have a new coach? That will be an adjustment.

As for GW, I dont think anyone would expect that, but when you say who would say 7-3 is a bad season opens it up. I remember reading that if they dont go 10-0 then it's a terrible season. And as you said, Salem went 8-2 and won a championship, so GW COULD do the same thing.
Though GW has a very solid schedule, I believe that it’s not as tough as Salem’s just because of the Piedmont. GW going anything worst than 9-1 is a terrible year considering what GW brings back and their opponents. I believe this will be the best year the Piedmont has since 2013, however, Pulaski, Blacksburg, and PH are better than teams 2-8 in the Piedmont. GW should and probably will beat every team in the Piedmont by 4 TDs (average). That’s no knock on the Piedmont teams, that’s just facts.

Though GW has a very solid schedule, I believe that it’s not as tough as Salem’s just because of the Piedmont. GW going anything worst than 9-1 is a terrible year considering what GW brings back and their opponents. I believe this will be the best year the Piedmont has since 2013, however, Pulaski, Blacksburg, and PH are better than teams 2-8 in the Piedmont. GW should and probably will beat every team in the Piedmont by 4 TDs (average).

Not know much from what I read on here and history, all I can say is 10-0 is what I would expect. But they would have the same opportunity as Salem did last year with an 8-2 record is all I meant.

Look how many people wrote Salem off after the Blacksburg game.

And I could be wrong, but aren't 3 of GW games Amherst, JF, and Magna Vista. That is 3 teams with tradition, so I dont see a huge difference in schedule. Dinwiddie, Blacksburg, PH, and Pulaski may be 4 tough opponents, but if GW has 3 even slightly less likely to win, the rest should be like Salem and easier games

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Salem 7-3
GW Danville 10-0
EC Glass 9-1
Amherst 6-4
Sherando 9-1
Jefferson Forest 7-3
Blacksburg 9-1
Charlottesville 7-3
Dinwiddie. 9-1
Pulaski 7-3

I say 6-4 for Blacksburg. Lost their whole line and best back.

Not sure, IF that is what they have been practicing, I would think they should

As little change for those kids at this time is best. In the course of a couple months have lost 2 head coaches. If they go to change things even more at this time it would be even more difficult for them.

I hope the kids can rally together and play for each other and the community. We need feel good stories, and while it would begin in bad, hopefully they can come together and make the best of a sad situation

Bburg anywhere from 8-2 to 7-3. Hope for 10-0. If they can keep Johnston upright look for him to put up monster numbers.

JO. Kind sir, you better hope that bburg plays at home every week and that Santa clause is the head ref who can get em out of a jam. QB is average. Tyquest is top shelf; the o and dline are gone. Don’t forget, captain Thaddeus is gone as well. Y’all are goin back to the olden days. Soon as tyquesy is gone, call it quits. Then it’s back to mediocrity and below. Just sayin. Trains a comin...

Reactions: FootballArmy
JO. Kind sir, you better hope that bburg plays at home every week and that Santa clause is the head ref who can get em out of a jam. QB is average. Tyquest is top shelf; the o and dline are gone. Don’t forget, captain Thaddeus is gone as well. Y’all are goin back to the olden days. Soon as tyquesy is gone, call it quits. Then it’s back to mediocrity and below. Just sayin. Trains a comin...

No reason to knock a team or a fan for having optimism. They seem to have done well in last 2 years without being at home every game, since they won a championship at a neutral field.

Just bringing this up seems like some resentment to me???

Reactions: Amgis
It’s my old buddy renaissance man, good to see you are alive.

Resentment for sure, other than Salem/amherst 2005, the worst call I’ve ever seen. Really hard to justify to 25 seniors about to graduate and never play football again that it was a catch. Bburg won the game and was the better team, but they got some help. Lots of it.

Resentment for sure, other than Salem/amherst 2005, the worst call I’ve ever seen. Really hard to justify to 25 seniors about to graduate and never play football again that it was a catch. Bburg won the game and was the better team, but they got some help. Lots of it.

I dont even know what you are talking about. Even if what you are saying is 100% correct, the Blacksburg team had nothing to do with it. Do you think they should have said we dont want the call? I've never seen Blacksburg play, so them winning or losing has no effect on me.

There are always going to be bad calls, it happens to everyone. I have still never seen in all my years a call that cost a team a game, because one play doesnt make a game.

Still absolutely no reason to talk bad about a team, downplay what kids do, or a fan for having an opinion on his/her team.

As for the message below:

Bottom line unacceptable... I dont know what that has to do with me. I assume Gdub would be GW, and sure they are contenders, but dont know who HHS is that they walked the dog on as you said, and I dont know why that I was quoted there???

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT