ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond Region Impact From ADM Numbers

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
So the VHSL released their ADM numbers which is what is used to form the classes as many of you know. There are some changes on the horizon, not this coming fall but for the fall of 2019 and 2020.

Manchester will move from Class 6 to Class 5 as will Clover Hill. Manchester was in the top five of Class 5 so they just missed out on Class 6 again.

Interesting note is that Atlee and Varina both were in the bottom five nearly making Class 4! Atlee was 5 spots out, Varina was 3 spots out!

Lee-Davis will fall from Class 5 to Class 4!

Midlothian will move from Class 4 to Class 5!

Class 5 has 18 "Eastern Region" schools, 17 "Central Region" schools, and then 18 schools in the rest of the state, which can be split into 10 "Region C" (Fairfax/Loudoun) schools and 8 "Region D" (everyone else) schools.

The choice will be whether to go with unbalanced but compact regions, or to try to balance out the regions by combining some of the Eastern and Central schools in a region, combining the remaining Central schools with the I-81 schools, and then sending the Stafford schools up north with the Fairfax/Loudoun schools.

Class 5 has 18 "Eastern Region" schools, 17 "Central Region" schools, and then 18 schools in the rest of the state, which can be split into 10 "Region C" (Fairfax/Loudoun) schools and 8 "Region D" (everyone else) schools.

The choice will be whether to go with unbalanced but compact regions, or to try to balance out the regions by combining some of the Eastern and Central schools in a region, combining the remaining Central schools with the I-81 schools, and then sending the Stafford schools up north with the Fairfax/Loudoun schools.

Well considering the size of Region 6B, I would say the VHSL has no issues with unbalanced compact regions. I am in favor of that myself rather than integrating geography just to have balanced regions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT