ADVERTISEMENT

River Ridge After 5 Games

Apr 10, 2018
Pulaski
My thoughts:

Salem is less talented than last year. Still disciplined and fundamentally strong. Secondary is susceptible to big plays. Lack of playmakers. Will make playoffs because of coaching staff. Will not win 4th straight state title.

Blacksburg has exceeded expectations with loss of very talented players and head coach. Very explosive on offense. Can score with anyone so they are never out of the game. One of a couple of teams that could win state championship.

Pulaski. Run game has improved greatly from last year. Passing game is still strong. Defense is getting better every week. Very young at some positions. Six week stretch of playing easier opponents should serve them well, experience wise, when they play Blacksburg, PH, and Salem. Pulaski is cable of finishing 9-1. Also, capable of finishing 8-2 or 7-3 or 6-4.

River Ridge will send at least three strong teams to 4A Playoffs.

Reactions: SFUWO
My thoughts:

Salem is less talented than last year. Still disciplined and fundamentally strong. Secondary is susceptible to big plays. Lack of playmakers. Will make playoffs because of coaching staff. Will not win 4th straight state title.

Blacksburg has exceeded expectations with loss of very talented players and head coach. Very explosive on offense. Can score with anyone so they are never out of the game. One of a couple of teams that could win state championship.

Pulaski. Run game has improved greatly from last year. Passing game is still strong. Defense is getting better every week. Very young at some positions. Six week stretch of playing easier opponents should serve them well, experience wise, when they play Blacksburg, PH, and Salem. Pulaski is cable of finishing 9-1. Also, capable of finishing 8-2 or 7-3 or 6-4.

Great assessment of the River Ridge. Those are three very strong teams that I also agree that can make good runs into the playoffs. I wasn't sure what Blacksburg would do this season but they have not dropped off like a lot of people assumed they would. It will be very interesting to see what these teams do as the season winds down.

Reactions: FootballArmy
Blacksburg has several kids leftover from their State title back in 2016. The regional playoffs will be very interesting this yr.

This is how I see the top 3 River Ridge playoff seeds as of today. The Pulaski /Salem winner will be a 5 seed.
Blacksburg will be a 1 or 2 seed
Pulaski will be a 5 or 6 seed
Salem will be 5- 7 seed

My thoughts:

I don't see them finishing 6-4. If they could run the table look out. 8-2 or 7-3 is were I would place my money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT