ADVERTISEMENT

Roanoke College Football

dblplaa

VaPreps Rookie
Oct 31, 2003
Letter went out to the alumni about resurrection the football program at Roanoke College. They would do well in the ODAC with local talent alone. I'd have to reach out to Magenbauer just to see if there was any interest.

I may be in the minority but I think it's a terrible idea on the merits and as a way to attract more students. Roanoke College should study which academic offerings would be most appealing and useful for prospective students.

I may be in the minority but I think it's a terrible idea on the merits and as a way to attract more students. Roanoke College should study which academic offerings would be most appealing and useful for prospective students.
Wrestling is thriving. You want more women’s and gender studies classes???

Wrestling is thriving. You want more women’s and gender studies classes???
No, I don't think those classes would be appealing, particularly to male students. I'm not sure exactly what would be, but there have to be some fields probably related to STEM.

Wrestling is much less expensive to operate than football.

So providing more offerings for current and potential students to be involved with, along with providing another potential source of school spirit and pride, is a bad idea? What athletics and activities they offer has little to nothing to do with what a school offers academically. And while football may not be appealing for a student who has no interest in football, it would have an appeal for those who do, and may draw students to the school that otherwise may not be interested in the academic offerings they have.

Reactions: SFUWO
So providing more offerings for current and potential students to be involved with, along with providing another potential source of school spirit and pride, is a bad idea? What athletics and activities they offer has little to nothing to do with what a school offers academically. And while football may not be appealing for a student who has no interest in football, it would have an appeal for those who do, and may draw students to the school that otherwise may not be interested in the academic offerings they have.
We have been waiting for years to watch Roanoke football. It's time

I spoke to a local LEO that didn't know me from Adam's house cat. I said "I'm excited about RC getting football" and with out batting an eye said "I'm not happy about the element it will bring to Salem" Wasn't a good look IMO.

I would agree @MaroonDude. No excuse, but that's one individuals opinion. You didn't elaborate so I will not assume. I would hope his/her statement is not the thought process of the law enforcement agency they are employed by. As evidence by the many different races and economic back grounds of kids who have donned the Spartan uniform in the past I surely don't believe the Salem community holds that philosophy. Shame to say, but there will always be people who respond ignorantly and negatively. By posting about it on this board you were obviously offended/appalled and possibly looking for a reaction. If you believe the leo does not represent the communities best interest and is bias, report them to their administration. It will make you feel better and you will be doing a service to the City of Salem.

Letter went out to the alumni about resurrection the football program at Roanoke College. They would do well in the ODAC with local talent alone. I'd have to reach out to Magenbauer just to see if there was any interest.
This is nice actually, but there can accompany any student? Moreover, I have to remark that Rosa Park is the one who is fighting for civil rights, I think this is quite nice, by the way, I found this out from here https://samplius.com/free-essay-examples/rosa-parks/, and now I am also the person who participates in such movements and I would really like all people to understand this correctly, also I want to participate in student football to enact this, what do you think about this? Because I am sure that the rights are violated in this case and this is not normal, we should show the public what the truth is and in this way we will very possibly solve the problem of society.

Last edited:
This is nice actually, but there can accompany any student?
Elinorhoka, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I would agree @MaroonDude. No excuse, but that's one individuals opinion. You didn't elaborate so I will not assume. I would hope his/her statement is not the thought process of the law enforcement agency they are employed by. As evidence by the many different races and economic back grounds of kids who have donned the Spartan uniform in the past I surely don't believe the Salem community holds that philosophy. Shame to say, but there will always be people who respond ignorantly and negatively. By posting about it on this board you were obviously offended/appalled and possibly looking for a reaction. If you believe the leo does not represent the communities best interest and is bias, report them to their administration. It will make you feel better and you will be doing a service to the City of Salem.
I highly doubt an LEO said this. Salem has been working collegiate football games for over 30 yrs. This sounds more like an angry employee at the college or he misunderstood what was being said.

She said it.... I'm not anti- police. And bringing 80 alpha dudes into a small city will certainly cause some issues for law enforcement. It's not about working the games, guy.

She said it.... I'm not anti- police. And bringing 80 alpha dudes into a small city will certainly cause some issues for law enforcement. It's not about working the games, guy.
I don't think that shallow. Never said you were anti police. Don't really care if you are or not. The college in general brings an element to the City and always has. It's nothing new. She was probably repeating what anti football from the college have been saying.

Guy? OK

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT