ADVERTISEMENT

Rocktown High School opens in 2024

Congrats to Curtis Cherebin, also know as @one man on being named the first head varsity football coach at Rocktown. Couldn't think of someone more deserving. Though Rocktown will likely compete in Class 2 next year, thought I'd post it on here as the C4 board is the most active and many of you know him. He is the man and I can't wait to see what he does at the new school.

Not sure what the full schedule is yet, they won't play a full valley district schedule as the cycle already filled up for the district, but know they will play Page, Riverheads, Culpeper, King William, Loudoun Valley, and a couple of WV schools in their innagural season.

Congrats coach!

HARRISONBURG, Va – Rocktown High School is excited to announce that Curtis Cherebin has been selected as the school’s first Head Varsity Football Coach!

The 2024 season will be Cherebin’s 11th year coaching varsity high school football. He began his coaching career in the fall of 2014 at Charlottesville High School as the wide receiver and outside linebacker coach.

Throughout his career at CHS, he served as defensive back and running back coach, Special Teams Coordinator, and then Defensive Coordinator, a position he held for six years before coming to Harrisonburg High School in 2023.

Last season, Cherebin served as coach for the varsity defensive backs and wide receivers, as well as Head JV Coach. Rocktown High School is scheduled to open this fall.

Last edited:
Congrats to Coach Cherebin.

I have heard that HHS will open will just over 1000 students and Rock Town will have slightly over 900. This would place them both in C3, unless RockTown petitions to play down. I am most interested to see how this all plays out with participation numbers. Looking at last season rosters, there would be 46 returning players (13 rising seniors) in the HHS program and that's counting 8th graders from last year. What if only 16 or so, out of that 46, end up at Rock Town. Even if it ended up being an almost equal split, that's barely over 20 players to start with and I am going to assume the bulk of the rising seniors will try and stay and finish out as a Blue Streak. Both coaching staff need to start looking at students who are going to be at their respective schools and start recruiting new bodies.

Congrats to Coach Cherebin.

I have heard that HHS will open will just over 1000 students and Rock Town will have slightly over 900. This would place them both in C3, unless RockTown petitions to play down. I am most interested to see how this all plays out with participation numbers. Looking at last season rosters, there would be 46 returning players (13 rising seniors) in the HHS program and that's counting 8th graders from last year. What if only 16 or so, out of that 46, end up at Rock Town. Even if it ended up being an almost equal split, that's barely over 20 players to start with and I am going to assume the bulk of the rising seniors will try and stay and finish out as a Blue Streak. Both coaching staff need to start looking at students who are going to be at their respective schools and start recruiting new bodies.
if this goes like most openings, the seniors will stay at HHS and RHS will play only JV the first year.

Congrats to Curtis Cherebin, also know as @one man on being named the first head varsity football coach at Rocktown. Couldn't think of someone more deserving. Though Rocktown will likely compete in Class 2 next year, thought I'd post it on here as the C4 board is the most active and many of you know him. He is the man and I can't wait to see what he does at the new school.

Not sure what the full schedule is yet, they won't play a full valley district schedule as the cycle already filled up for the district, but know they will play Page, Riverheads, Culpeper, King William, Loudoun Valley, and a couple of WV schools in their innagural season.

Congrats coach!

Yes Congratulations to Curtis , well deserved and a great guy!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT