ADVERTISEMENT

RVA Sports Network Big 12 Football Polls

EPJr

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2002
RVA-logo_opt.png

PRESEASON BIG 12 FOOTBALL POLL

1) Highland Springs (15-0, Class 5 State Champions)
2) Thomas Dale (9-3)
3) Dinwiddie (11-2)
4) Manchester (15-0, Class 6 State Champions, now in Class 5)
5) Varina (8-3)
6) Hopewell (9-2)
7) Henrico (10-2)
8) L.C. Bird (9-3)
9) Monacan (9-3)
10) Atlee (7-4)
11) Louisa (11-1)
12) Benedictine (1-0 in 2019)

ALSO RECEIVING VOTES: Goochland, Deep Run, Glen Allen

RVA-logo_opt.png

NBC12/ RVA Sports Network Big 12 high school football poll
of 9/2/19

1) Highland Springs (1-0)- The Springers picked up right where left off, topping Avalon, 37-13, extending their winning streak to 30 games. Next up, a match-up with one of the best from the beach, Oscar Smith. @ Oscar Smith, 9/6

2) Thomas Dale (1-0)- The Knights looked strong in all three phases in a 58-0 win over Cosby, starting their season off strong. They’ll get an even tougher test this week in the Battle of Chester. @ L.C. Bird, 9/6

3) Manchester (1-0)- The Lancers were pushed to their limits last Thursday, needing double overtime to top Varina. Manchester trailed 28-14 in the 2nd quarter before rattling off 17 unanswered points to turn the tide. @ Monacan, 9/13

4) Dinwiddie (1-0)- The Generals looked to be well on their way to a lopsided win before GW-Danville made a run. Still, Dinwiddie held on for the 45-42 win. @ Massaponax, 9/6.

5) Hopewell (1-0)- Hopewell hit the road and took care of Tabb, 40-7, to open up its 2019 campaign. Both TreVeyon Henderson and Robert Briggs eclipsed the 100 yard rushing mark. vs. I.C. Norcom, 9/13

6) Varina (0-1)- It’s certainly a loss that hurts, but the Blue Devils showed that they’ll be a force to be reckoned with in their double OT loss to Manchester. Varina opened up a 28-14 lead before seeing it slip away, then hung right with the Lancers through two overtimes. vs. Meadowbrook, 9/4

7) Henrico (1-0)- The Warriors had little trouble with Meadowbrook to open things up, rolling to a 49-0 road win. Gerald Glasco discussed his three running backs and strong offensive line during the preseason, which was all on display. @ Hermitage, 9/6

8) L.C. Bird (0-0)- The Skyhawks lost some players to graduation and transferring, but still return a squad that should compete in Region 5B. Troy Taylor returns for his second year at the helm. vs. Thomas Dale, 9/6

9) Monacan (0-0)- Two eleven-win seasons and three nine-win seasons have been the story of the Chiefs’ last five campaigns, as they’ve asserted themselves as a consistent competitor. Monacan will start a new quarterback for the second straight year and will insert new starters in several key positions. @ Hanover, 9/6

10) Louisa (1-0)- The Lions came out of the gate strong with a dominating win over Courtland. Louisa is seeking its third consecutive 10-0 season, and won its 21st consecutive regular season game. @ Courtland, 8/30

11) Benedictine (2-0)- Another strong showing moved the Cadets’ record to 2-0, rolling past Catholic. Jay Woolfolk threw for four touchdowns to fuel the victory. vs. Avalon, 9/6

12) Atlee (0-0)- The Raiders are coming off a turnaround season in 2018, and will be led by Penn State commit Tyler Warren. Head coach Matt Gray says a starting job last year won’t guarantee his players that same spot this year, opening things up during camp. vs. Deep Run, 9/6

NBC12/RVA Sports Network Big 12 High School Football Poll

No changes at the top as we get set to enter district play this Friday night with no less than two games involving ranked teams!

1) Highland Springs (4-0, was #1, at Page (NC))
2) Manchester (3-0, was #2, vs. James River)
3) Hopewell (3-0, was #3, at Colonial Heights)
4) Varina (3-1, was #4, vs. Hanover)
5) Louisa (3-0, was #5, at Charlottesville)
6) Deep Run (4-0, was #6, at #9 Hermitage)
7) Thomas Dale (2-1, was #7, vs. Petersburg)
8) Benedictine (3-1, was #10, at Flint Hill, Saturday)
9) Monacan (2-1, was #11, vs. Huguenot)
10) Henrico (2-2, was #8, vs. #12 Patrick Henry) (Game of The Week, 102.9 FM)
11) Hermitage (2-2, was #9, vs. #6 Deep Run)
12) Patrick Henry (3-1, NEW, at #10 Henrico) (Game of The Week, 102.9 FM)

Dropping Out: Dinwiddie (1-2, was #12)

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2019
NBC12/RVA Sports Network Big 12 Poll
No changes at the top as we are now less than two weeks away from a titanic battle between our current top two teams!
Prince George makes history by debuting in our poll for the first time.

1) Highland Springs (5-0, was #1, at #10 Henrico)

2) Manchester (4-0, was #2, vs. Huguenot)
3) Hopewell (4-0, was #3, vs. #7 Thomas Dale)
4) Varina (4-1, was #4, vs. Lake Taylor)
5) Louisa (4-0, was #5, vs. Orange)
6) Deep Run (5-0, was #6, BYE)
7) Thomas Dale (3-1, was #7, at #3 Hopewell)
8) Benedictine (4-1, was #8, at Georgetown Prep)
9) Monacan (3-1, was #9, vs. George Wythe)
10) Henrico (3-2, was #10, vs. #1 Highland Springs)
11) Prince George (3-1, NEW, at Matoaca)
12) Douglas Freeman (4-1, NEW, vs. J.R. Tucker)

Dropping Out: Hermitage (2-3, was #11), Patrick Henry (3-2, was #12)

Reactions: CHUKNOW
MONDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2019
NBC12/RVA Sports Network High School Football Big 12 Poll
The top remains unchanged, though that may change after a big slate of Week 7 games coming up this Friday, including the battle of #1 and #2.

1) Highland Springs (6-0, was #1, at #2 Manchester)
2) Manchester (5-0, was #2, vs. #1 Highland Springs)
3) Hopewell (5-0, was #3, at Petersburg)
4) Varina (5-1, was #4, at Patrick Henry)
5) Louisa (5-0, was #5, at Monticello)
6) Deep Run (5-0, was #5, at #9 Douglas Freeman)
7) Monacan (4-1, was #9, vs.Midlothian)
8) Thomas Dale (3-2, was #7, vs. Meadowbrook)
9) Douglas Freeman (5-1, was #12, vs. #6 Deep Run)
10) Benedictine (4-2, was #10, vs. Collegiate, 4pm)
11) Matoaca (4-1, NEW, at Dinwiddie)
12) Thomas Jefferson (4-1, NEW, at John Marshall, Saturday at Huguenot HS)

Dropped Out: Prince George (3-2, was #11), Henrico (3-3, was #10)

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2019
NBC12/RVA Sports Network High School Football Big 12 Poll

Hopewell slips up one, Manchester down just one after the comeback win from #1 Highland Springs, and a team who has won five straight enters for the first time this season.

1) Highland Springs (7-0, was #1, BYE)
2) Hopewell (6-0, was #3, vs. Dinwiddie)
3) Manchester (5-1, was #2, at Midlothian)
4) Varina (6-1, was #4, vs. Henrico)
5) Louisa (6-0, was #5, at Kettle Run)
6) Deep Run (6-0, was #6, vs. Mills Godwin)
7) Monacan (5-1, was #7, at Powhatan)
8) Thomas Dale (4-2, was #8, vs. Prince George)
9) Benedictine (5-2, was #10, vs. Woodberry Forest Saturday)
10) Douglas Freeman (5-2, was #9, BYE)
11) Thomas Jefferson (5-1, was #12, at Caroline)
12) Cosby (5-1, NEW, at L.C. Bird)

Dropping Out: Henrico (4-3, was #10)

RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - With three weeks remaining, the top seven spots in our Big 12 rankings hold steady. Prince George charges back in this week after topping Thomas Dale, while Clover Hill makes its first appearance of the season.

1) Highland Springs (7-0, was #1)-The Springers enjoyed a bye week to charge up for the final stretch. Atlee, Colonial Forge and Varina stand between Highland Springs and a 10-0 season. vs. Atlee, 10/25

2) Hopewell (7-0, was #2)- Dinwiddie gave the Blue Devils a little bit of a scare, but Hopewell remained perfect with a big second half and a 35-20 win over the Generals. TreVeyon Henderson added four more touchdowns, bringing his season total to 28. vs. Meadowbrook, 10/25

3) Manchester (6-1, was #3)- The Lancers had to bounce back after a regular season loss for the first time since September of 2017, topping Midlothian 35-8. Roemell Garcia rushed for 111 yards and a touchdown, while adding a score through the air as well. vs. Midlothian, 10/25

4) Varina (7-1, was #4)- The Blue Devils avenged two losses to Henrico last year, topping the Warriors, 35-7. Isiah Paige accounted for four of Varina’s five touchdowns in another convincing Devil victory. @ Atlee, 11/1

5) Louisa (7-0, was #5)- The Lions hit the road to Kettle run and continued to roll. They currently hold the top playoff spot in Region 4B, but are in a close battle with Eastern View. vs. Fluvanna, 10/25

6) Deep Run (7-0, was #6)- Wildcats’ quarterback Bo Kite fueled Deep Run to another victory, scoring three rushing touchdowns in a 56-7 trouncing of rival Mills Godwin. The Cats scored six touchdowns on the ground in the rout. vs. J.R. Tucker, 10/25

7) Monacan (6-1, was #7)- It was one of the Chiefs’ most impressive offensive showings of the season. Tyler Hensley threw for 331 yards and three touchdowns and Josiah Nelson added another two scores on the ground in a 55-28 road win over Powhatan. vs. L.C. Bird, 10/25

8) Benedictine (6-2, was #9)- For the second straight week, it was fourth quarter heroics that led the Cadets to victory. Trailing in the final frame, Nick Turner scored on a 31 yard touchdown reception for the game-winner in a 27-26 nail-biter. @ King William, 10/25

9) Prince George (5-2, was NR)- The Royals return to the rankings after a 23-20 thrilling win over Thomas Dale. Curtis Allen rushed for 128 yards and two touchdowns in Prince George’s first win over the Knights since 2000. vs. Petersburg, 10/25

10) Douglas Freeman (5-2, was #10)- The Rebels enjoyed an open date to gear up for the final three games After a string of bad luck against Hermitage, Freeman will seek its second straight win over the Panthers this week. vs. Hermitage, 10/25

11) Thomas Jefferson (6-1, was #11)- 14 fourth quarter points fueled the Vikings to a 21-0 road victory at Caroline. QB Jaylen Tyler completed 15 of his 18 passes for 180 yards and two touchdowns. @ Gretna, 10/25

12) Clover Hill (5-2, was NR)- Trailing 24-7 in the fourth quarter, Clover Hill roared back to force overtime, where the Cavaliers topped Huguenot, 37-31. Dalton Collins scored three total touchdowns. @ Cosby, 10/25

Dropped out: Thomas Dale, Cosby

Just out of curiosity, why isn't Life Christian on this list? They would beat most teams on this list with the exception of Highland Springs and maybe Manchester.

Just out of curiosity, why isn't Life Christian on this list? They would beat most teams on this list with the exception of Highland Springs and maybe Manchester.
Who have they beat on the list to deserve to be on it?! NOBODY! I guessed they should be included after being thrown off the field in Georgia,losing 27-0!

Reactions: WP02alum
Who have they beat on the list to deserve to be on it?! NOBODY! I guessed they should be included after being thrown off the field in Georgia,losing 27-0!

Do you think they would beat most of the teams on this list if they had the opportunity to play them?

Do you think they would beat most of the teams on this list if they had the opportunity to play them?

I do LCA is filled with talent and very young though they are undisciplined at times. They even got ahead on IMG before IMG eventually blew them out. I think LCA beats everyone on this except HS. And they would struggle to beat Manchester and Varina. Everyone else on the list I think they would beat.

We talking about the collection of recruited kids taking online classes for eligibility at Life CA? That’s no team.

Lol, I have my doubts they could keep their composure on the sidelines to make it to the final whistle versus a Championship-quality VA public school. Zero quality coaching going on from what I’ve seen.

We talking about the collection of recruited kids taking online classes for eligibility at Life CA? That’s no team.

Lol, I have my doubts they could keep their composure on the sidelines to make it to the final whistle versus a Championship-quality VA public school. Zero quality coaching going on from what I’ve seen.
Exactly right! Lack of discipline and poor coaching! Now they are crying like little girls because VISAA won’t let them play in the postseason!

Like them or not, as I understand it, most of these kids have been playing together for a few years. The GA schools that beat them may not be household names to us in VA, but they are not cupcakes and I'll just say GA football is different than VA football. I understand their program is not what most of us prefer, but as we post I hope all of us can remember that the LCA players are still kids.

Like them or not, as I understand it, most of these kids have been playing together for a few years. The GA schools that beat them may not be household names to us in VA, but they are not cupcakes and I'll just say GA football is different than VA football. I understand their program is not what most of us prefer, but as we post I hope all of us can remember that the LCA players are still kids.
As true as this statement is, many won’t agree. I don’t get it either. They are kids. Most of their kids got their offers from exposure (like many of the kids at Highland Springs). Don’t get me wrong, the Springers were sending kids to major college programs but not like are now with 4 state championships, an unbeatable 7on7 team and the brand of football they play. Colleges are flocking to S. Oak to get these guys.. LCA has benefited from the 7on7s and playing the elite level programs. The coaches at Life are doing something right.

No one is criticizing the kids! The program,and what it stands for....yes....we are criticizing!

Unless GA plays a different type of football,an unsportsmanlike conducts foul is still unsportsmanlike! Holding is still holding. If a team can’t play by the rules,because they can’t handle an ars whoopin...they got no business with a program. GA told them to LEAVE the field because of discipline issues! It’s not the kids fault! It’s poor leadership! Sorry, but high school football is not play station or fantasy football. There’s incredible talent there. This could really be an OHA of VA football. Difference is....OHA has the coaching & discipline!

Some of these kids we rooted for at our schools. They are just being badly misled now!

As true as this statement is, many won’t agree. I don’t get it either. They are kids. Most of their kids got their offers from exposure (like many of the kids at Highland Springs). Don’t get me wrong, the Springers were sending kids to major college programs but not like are now with 4 state championships, an unbeatable 7on7 team and the brand of football they play. Colleges are flocking to S. Oak to get these guys.. LCA has benefited from the 7on7s and playing the elite level programs. The coaches at Life are doing something right.
They’re doing these kids a disservice! Life is more than playing football. Scouts are flocking to Oak St because they’re coaching LIFE’S LESSONS,not just football. They are teaching the kids to be responsible men. The talent they have needs leadership on and off the field,not just between the lines. Colleges will find talent regardless of where it is! Some of the best players in the state play for some of the worst teams,and colleges find them. Ask the quarterback from Henrico last year where his talent and lack of discipline have landed him!

No one is criticizing the kids! The program,and what it stands for....yes....we are criticizing!

Unless GA plays a different type of football,an unsportsmanlike conducts foul is still unsportsmanlike! Holding is still holding. If a team can’t play by the rules,because they can’t handle an ars whoopin...they got no business with a program. GA told them to LEAVE the field because of discipline issues! It’s not the kids fault! It’s poor leadership! Sorry, but high school football is not play station or fantasy football. There’s incredible talent there. This could really be an OHA of VA football. Difference is....OHA has the coaching & discipline!

Some of these kids we rooted for at our schools. They are just being badly misled now!
I understand your point. I can't speak for the quality of coaching and academics...again to each their own. I've heard different stories as to what happened in GA when they played Lee County, but yes unsportsmanlike is unsportsmanlike. I didn't see that type of play when they lost by more to DeMatha, but I did see undisciplined play, like you would expect from most high schools.

My point about GA being different, is the level of play. I thought some posters on here were making it sound like losing to a defending GA state champ (despite losing key skill players) was a sign of weakness.

the kids at Life are there for a reason and in most cases this is their last chance. The school has a special mission to them and should be commended for that. The acting out should not be surprising and will take Life some time to rein that in if indeed they can do so. Football and basketball are simply vehicles to normalize what has been an abnormal life for most of these kids. They are works in progress and I for one wish them luck. Having worked with these types of kids myself the staff at Life have their work cut out for them. As far as the original question we are talking apples and oranges and comparisons are superfluous; just let them do their thing down in Chester and we will do ours.

Last edited:
I understand your point. I can't speak for the quality of coaching and academics...again to each their own. I've heard different stories as to what happened in GA when they played Lee County, but yes unsportsmanlike is unsportsmanlike. I didn't see that type of play when they lost by more to DeMatha, but I did see undisciplined play, like you would expect from most high schools.

My point about GA being different, is the level of play. I thought some posters on here were making it sound like losing to a defending GA state champ (despite losing key skill players) was a sign of weakness.
Losing to ANY team from GA is no shame,especially the Lee’s & Marrieta’s of the State. 22 penalties including 7 unsportsmanlike & personal fouls are unacceptable. There is definitely more discipline needed there. I’m leaning towards thinking they weren’t expecting a team that good,and were built up to be better than that team. Coaching still has to keep the team under control. My blame is at the top, not on the kids.

Losing to ANY team from GA is no shame,especially the Lee’s & Marrieta’s of the State. 22 penalties including 7 unsportsmanlike & personal fouls are unacceptable. There is definitely more discipline needed there. I’m leaning towards thinking they weren’t expecting a team that good,and were built up to be better than that team. Coaching still has to keep the team under control. My blame is at the top, not on the kids.
go there and coach for a week; then come back here any talk about blame.

Last edited:
go there are coach for a week; then come back here any talk about blame.
Gladly! I’m not afraid to bench a kid that can’t behave! How many scouts wanna see a player sit the bench for 4 quarters after traveling across multiple states? I’ve dealt with “troubled kids” before,and my discipline was successful on & off the field. You don’t enable it....you correct it.

the kids at Life are there for a reason and in most cases this is their last chance. The school has a special mission to them and should be commented for that. The acting out should not be surprising and will take Life some time to rein that in if indeed they can do so. Football and basketball are simply vehicles to normalize what has been and abnormal life for most of these kids. They are works in progress and I for one wish them luck. Having worked with these types of kids myself the staff at Life have their work cut out for them. As far as the original question we are talking apples and oranges and comparisons are superfluous; just let them do their thing down in Chester and we will do ours.
I’ll be the one to say it but a lot of people just have a problem that Life Christian is black run and helps black kids. I’ve seen some damning comments on here from some “respected” members. There’s an old saying sweep around your own front door, before you try to sweep around mine. You’re a good guy EP. I appreciate what you do.

I’ll be the one to say it but a lot of people just have a problem that Life Christian is black run and helps black kids. I’ve seen some damning comments on here from some “respected” members. There’s an old saying sweep around your own front door, before you try to sweep around mine. You’re a good guy EP. I appreciate what you do.
SMH! I guess none of these other teams we support are black run or have black kids?! I know the school I follow is both. Maybe it’s more than that!! Jmo

Nope. I don’t know who any of the coaches are at Life CA. My comments are all about their players’ documented behavior as well as their own in that widely publicized Georgia game. Sorry that you feel that critique is racist. Until you said it, I didn’t even know that the coaching staff are all black.

Guess you’re saying DinwiddieProud is racist? He’s the only “respected poster” I know who speaks out against the fake school that is LifeCA.

I’ve seen the “thug” comments and all the other junk some has posted. Pull it from earlier threads. I never called any names, it was multiple folks on here. Pull the threads.
Thing is, the school is helping multiple kids that I know personally that would be in the streets, jail or dead if Life wasn’t an option. As far as I’m concerned if you never worked with the population of students that Life takes in, you have no right or reason to comment or judge them. I’m no Life Christian advocate but it kills me to read some of the comments that grown azz men make about kids on this board. Stay in yo lane!

Last edited:
Yeah I know the “thug” code. I was just racking my brain for who agrees that it’s not much of a school. Dinwiddie just came to mind. Wasn’t trying to put words in your mouth, but it’s helpful if you just come out & say who you mean!

Yeah I know the “thug” code. I was just racking my brain for who agrees that it’s not much of a school. Dinwiddie just came to mind. Wasn’t trying to put words in your mouth, but it’s helpful if you just come out & say who you mean!
I feel what you mean but I wouldn’t call anyone out. Its not my intention to be mal. I just wish some people would keep it moving if they don’t have anything but negative stuff to say and harp on.

I’ve seen the “thug” comments and all the other junk some has posted. Pull it from earlier threads. I never called any names, it was multiple folks on here. Pull the threads.
Thing is, the school is helping multiple kids that I know personally that would be in the streets, jail or dead if Life wasn’t an option. As far as I’m concerned if you never worked with the population of students that Life takes in, you have no right or reason to comment or judge them. I’m no Life Christian advocate but it kills me to read some of the comments that grown azz men make about kids on this board. Stay in yo lane!

I also work with this population for 15 years in mental health and mentoring and my main issue with LCA is their academic program. That online format is a joke and is doing the kids a huge disservice when going on to college.

I also work with this population for 15 years in mental health and mentoring and my main issue with LCA is their academic program. That online format is a joke and is doing the kids a huge disservice when going on to college.
Sadly it’s probably the same thing in public schools.

Sadly it’s probably the same thing in public schools.

You do have some issues with public schools but online vs teachers in the classroom is that teachers in classroom can push accountability on the students whereas online learning there is little to no accountability. I wish the best for the kids at LCA I know a date share of them that I've coached in AAU basketball and watched since rec football and deep down they are some good kids that come from bad home situations. And I will say even though I don't like the academic set up at LCA I do like the way they take the kids under their wing and properly guide them. I keep hearing about how undisciplined the kids are but you don't hear about them having off the field trouble.

You do have some issues with public schools but online vs teachers in the classroom is that teachers in classroom can push accountability on the students whereas online learning there is little to no accountability. I wish the best for the kids at LCA I know a date share of them that I've coached in AAU basketball and watched since rec football and deep down they are some good kids that come from bad home situations. And I will say even though I don't like the academic set up at LCA I do like the way they take the kids under their wing and properly guide them. I keep hearing about how undisciplined the kids are but you don't hear about them having off the field trouble.
Well said. I respect it and definitely agree. I’m a school counselor myself so I see some of the same things you have. I appreciate your explanation instead of just calling the kids thugs and undisciplined. I don’t agree with online school. With no teacher supervision, anybody can do the work (cheat, someone else even do the work). Champions are made in the classroom. I do know 2 kids personally that if they did not go to Life, they’d probably be in jail, they did not make it in a public school setting. I’m an advocate for smaller class sizes, some kids just do better 1on1 which is more feasible in those smaller class settings. Hopefully they are getting this at Life. I have reached out to these boys and they are doing a lot better and should be good to go with the NCAA clearinghouse. Good for them!

Why is Louisa on this list? Understand I'm an outsider, but geographically and they aren't anywhere near Richmond. In fact, the only team in the Jefferson district in the 804 area code is Powhatan. Louisa is closer to Charlottesville....right?

RICHMOND, Va. (WWBT) - With three weeks remaining, the top seven spots in our Big 12 rankings hold steady. Prince George charges back in this week after topping Thomas Dale, while Clover Hill makes its first appearance of the season.

1) Highland Springs (7-0, was #1)-The Springers enjoyed a bye week to charge up for the final stretch. Atlee, Colonial Forge and Varina stand between Highland Springs and a 10-0 season. vs. Atlee, 10/25

2) Hopewell (7-0, was #2)- Dinwiddie gave the Blue Devils a little bit of a scare, but Hopewell remained perfect with a big second half and a 35-20 win over the Generals. TreVeyon Henderson added four more touchdowns, bringing his season total to 28. vs. Meadowbrook, 10/25

3) Manchester (6-1, was #3)- The Lancers had to bounce back after a regular season loss for the first time since September of 2017, topping Midlothian 35-8. Roemell Garcia rushed for 111 yards and a touchdown, while adding a score through the air as well. vs. Midlothian, 10/25

4) Varina (7-1, was #4)- The Blue Devils avenged two losses to Henrico last year, topping the Warriors, 35-7. Isiah Paige accounted for four of Varina’s five touchdowns in another convincing Devil victory. @ Atlee, 11/1

5) Louisa (7-0, was #5)- The Lions hit the road to Kettle run and continued to roll. They currently hold the top playoff spot in Region 4B, but are in a close battle with Eastern View. vs. Fluvanna, 10/25

6) Deep Run (7-0, was #6)- Wildcats’ quarterback Bo Kite fueled Deep Run to another victory, scoring three rushing touchdowns in a 56-7 trouncing of rival Mills Godwin. The Cats scored six touchdowns on the ground in the rout. vs. J.R. Tucker, 10/25

7) Monacan (6-1, was #7)- It was one of the Chiefs’ most impressive offensive showings of the season. Tyler Hensley threw for 331 yards and three touchdowns and Josiah Nelson added another two scores on the ground in a 55-28 road win over Powhatan. vs. L.C. Bird, 10/25

8) Benedictine (6-2, was #9)- For the second straight week, it was fourth quarter heroics that led the Cadets to victory. Trailing in the final frame, Nick Turner scored on a 31 yard touchdown reception for the game-winner in a 27-26 nail-biter. @ King William, 10/25

9) Prince George (5-2, was NR)- The Royals return to the rankings after a 23-20 thrilling win over Thomas Dale. Curtis Allen rushed for 128 yards and two touchdowns in Prince George’s first win over the Knights since 2000. vs. Petersburg, 10/25

10) Douglas Freeman (5-2, was #10)- The Rebels enjoyed an open date to gear up for the final three games After a string of bad luck against Hermitage, Freeman will seek its second straight win over the Panthers this week. vs. Hermitage, 10/25

11) Thomas Jefferson (6-1, was #11)- 14 fourth quarter points fueled the Vikings to a 21-0 road victory at Caroline. QB Jaylen Tyler completed 15 of his 18 passes for 180 yards and two touchdowns. @ Gretna, 10/25

12) Clover Hill (5-2, was NR)- Trailing 24-7 in the fourth quarter, Clover Hill roared back to force overtime, where the Cavaliers topped Huguenot, 37-31. Dalton Collins scored three total touchdowns. @ Cosby, 1

Why is Louisa on this list? Understand I'm an outsider, but geographically and they aren't anywhere near Richmond. In fact, the only team in the Jefferson district in the 804 area code is Powhatan. Louisa is closer to Charlottesville....right?
Louisa is a large county it depends on what side or area your at you can be 15/30/40 minutes from Charlottesville and you can be 30/40 minutes from Richmond just depends what area your in and also Powhatan isn’t In The Jefferson district anymore

I could be wrong but I feel like it’s because the polls are done by news organizations and Louisa County falls under the Richmond area as far as viewership. Most of the county sees WTVR, WRIC etc do they are included in the polls.

Which further makes my point. There isn't a single team in the Jefferson district in the 804 area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT