ADVERTISEMENT

Salem 28. Blacksburg 14. Half

35-21 Salem Final Score

Congratulations to the Spartans coaches, players and fans on a well played game.

That was a fundamentally sound and very well coached team that visited Blacksburg tonight. I got to talk with Coach Holter before the game tonight - a class act.

For the Spartans fans that were worried about your offensive line, fret not - they’re quite good! Persinger, Wood and Leftwich are going to be a nightmare for any Defensive Coordinator that is in their path. The linebacking corps is top notch. The defensive secondary might need some work, but I don’t know if Salem will see as pass-happy of an offense as Blacksburg’s from here on out.

Good luck to the Spartans the rest of the way. Classy coach, classy players, classy program.

Offensive line showed improvement
Having Persinger really helped.
Defensive backs had some bad break downs. Did have three interceptions, but got beat deep way too often.
Salems passing game was anemic.
Good road win.

Congratulations to the Spartans coaches, players and fans on a well played game.

That was a fundamentally sound and very well coached team that visited Blacksburg tonight. I got to talk with Coach Holter before the game tonight - a class act.

For the Spartans fans that were worried about your offensive line, fret not - they’re quite good! Persinger, Wood and Leftwich are going to be a nightmare for any Defensive Coordinator that is in their path. The linebacking corps is top notch. The defensive secondary might need some work, but I don’t know if Salem will see as pass-happy of an offense as Blacksburg’s from here on out.

Good luck to the Spartans the rest of the way. Classy coach, classy players, classy program.

Thanks for the kind words. I feel the same way about Blacksburg’s entire athletics program. Salem’s O-line did a great job tonight. It was the Spartans’ ball control offense versus the Bruins’ big plays. Blacksburg has two kids that can score every time they touch it in Mitchell and Mohamed, and they do a great job of getting them the ball in advantageous situations. Good luck to Blacksburg, too. It wouldn’t surprise me if these two cross swords again in the playoffs.

Thank you for your nice comments. I feel the same way about Blacksburg's coaches, players, program, and fans after my experiences the last few years with the Blacksburg community. Very classy bunch.

It's very difficult to cover that offense with so many capable,speedy, receivers, a great RB, and a mobile QB that can sling it. All things considered, giving up 21 points is a very solid effort.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

Blacksburg has classy players, fans, radio broadcasts as well as coaches. Nobody who is informed can say any different.

Salem performance improved in many areas from last week's Northside game. The coaches were very pleased with the offensive line improvement.
However, probably my biggest criticism is that Salem could have put Blacksburg away early and cruised but they didn't. The game was 28 21 in the 4th. Truly elite teams put teams away. The defense has talent, especially in the secondary, but last night's performance was bad. I know Blacksburg went 11 for 30 with three interceptions, but Blacksburg was getting behind our d backs way too often. This was a huge problem last year and I hoped it was behind us (no pun intended). It looks like the problem is some of the d backs are very susceptible to double moves.

Reactions: salemfan32
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT