ADVERTISEMENT

Salem 4 Tds. Brookville 0

Hard to tell much except Salem has some good tailbacks. Controlled scrimmage. More about what they need to work on. Zavione Wood, now a junior, looks 20 pounds heavier and just as fast. Persinger, now a senior, had over 1700 yards rushing last year. Going to be about the defense and offensive line and minimizing turnovers.

I believe both teams will be ok.. As both will have to fix afew things before the start.. Heard the Bee's didn't have afew key kids play who are play makers.. The Bee's WRs ran by Salem as normal, and dropped wideopen passes for TDs 3 or 4.they will correct that.Bee's should have been on top.. To start long before Salem couldn't get close . Salem run game was held at bay afew sacks and or course you rotate ur 2 and 3 teams in and you score**:# going to be exciting to see how well they do, both should play into late November in December.. Good luck to both

I believe both teams will be ok.. As both will have to fix afew things before the start.. Heard the Bee's didn't have afew key kids play who are play makers.. The Bee's WRs ran by Salem as normal, and dropped wideopen passes for TDs 3 or 4.they will correct that.Bee's should have been on top.. To start long before Salem couldn't get close . Salem run game was held at bay afew sacks and or course you rotate ur 2 and 3 teams in and you score**:# going to be exciting to see how well they do, both should play into late November in December.. Good luck to both
Saw different scrimmage than I did, but like your optimism. Brookville offense got dominated up front

Reactions: Shsfan12
That is what I heard this morning also from a ref.
Excuse me wikki, Just to be clear. Did the ref agree with me that Brookville was dominated by Salem Defense and had fewer than 40 yards rushing, or did the ref agree with the wildly optimistic post by what apparently is a young Brookville fan?

Excuse me wikki, Just to be clear. Did the ref agree with me that Brookville was dominated by Salem Defense and had fewer than 40 yards rushing, or did the ref agree with the wildly optimistic post by what apparently is a young Brookville fan?
The ref said it was completely dominated by Salem

Right now, it looks like Salem will be formidable on defense. On offense it looks like they have 3 or 4 playmakers and a serviceable quarterback. The offensive line is a major project. Baring injury, Salem will be good, but the progress of their offensive line will determine how good.

Just my opinion, I think the QB is going to be very good. Looking forward to watching him the next two years.

Just my opinion, I think the QB is going to be very good. Looking forward to watching him the next two years.
He's got a cannon! His accuracy and touch look better this year too. To me it looked like he was throwing a lot of fastballs last year, but it looks like he has improved on varying his throws.

I know it was just a scrimmage so a lot of things will get ironed out, but if you consider the snaps over the QB, the penalties, and the sacks or TFL's, Brookville may not have even had much positive yardage at all. Consider 2 of the Bee's drives started at their 30 and ended up back near or in their own endzone. They did have 3 occasions where a WR got behind Salem's secondary, but on 2 of those they had a penalty that would have negated any gain. The other did hit the WR's hands and he would have been clear for a score, but he didn't corrall it.

On the other side of the ball, Brookville's DL did do a pretty good job most of the scrimmage, but Persinger had 2 good long TD runs, Wood had a long TD run, and Collins had 2 pretty long receptions, 1 for a TD.

Salem had over 350 yards, Brookville didn't have 50 considering all of the penalties, mistakes, and Salem pressure.

Anyway, good luck to the Bee's this year.

BS. Ryan North (#5) had positive yardage every time he carried the ball. Qb also had time to throw for the most part even though he didn't complete very many passes mainly because his receivers kept dropping them.
It’s the WR job to call catch the ball. Last time I checked no one wins playoff games August. Then you get the person who always says the 1’s scored vs 2nd and 3rd team. In Salem’s case the starting lineup is never set in scrimmages. They play a lot of kids in different spots to see what the best fit is. Then the play calling is always basic. It’s a scrimmage nothing more. No one spent a week to gameplan for a scrimmage.

BS. Ryan North (#5) had positive yardage every time he carried the ball. Qb also had time to throw for the most part even though he didn't complete very many passes mainly because his receivers kept dropping them.
They probably had -40 yards of offense over the last 20 plays. Salem had more drops than Brookville as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shsfan12
Just remember, even if you lose by 6 TDs that only means you're like 12 plays away from winning ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT