ADVERTISEMENT

Salem 59. Millbrook 14

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Wasn't as close as the score. Complete domination. Salem might have scored 70 if they had left first offense in. Running clock second half. Second string in 9 minutes left in 3rd qt..

Reactions: THEANTIDEVILZ
Wasn't as close as the score. Complete domination. Salem might have scored 70 if they had left first offense in. Running clock second half. Second string in 9 minutes left in 3rd qt..
Don't know if you were doing your Lou Holtz impersonation earlier but, #23 is not yet near Basham's level.

Nope, he certainly won't turn Virginia football around . Ramsey was three times the back he is

Nope, he certainly won't turn Virginia football around . Ramsey was three times the back he is
#23 is a sophomore and he hasn't committed anywhere. I think you got the backs mixed up. It's a team sport and yes #23 is a special player.

Was not impressed with either back. Could have been bad offensive line play, but 23 was not all that quick and 1 showed nothing

Reactions: salemfan32
#23 is a sophomore and he hasn't committed anywhere. I think you got the backs mixed up. It's a team sport and yes #23 is a special player.
He might be by the time he is a senior or maybe against the competition Millbrook faced during the regular season but, for somebody watching the game tonight he was not one of the 3 best backs on the field.

Reactions: salemfan32
He might be by the time he is a senior or maybe against the competition Millbrook faced during the regular season but, for somebody watching the game tonight he was not one of the 3 best backs on the field.

Hard to make that statement stick - you put #1 or #23 from Millbrook on Salem tonight and they run wild and we are talking about how great they are. You put Salem's backs on Millbrook - they are probably as ineffective at #1 and #23 were tonight. I have seen the highlights of Ramsey - and he on the other hand is on another level. Basham I have not seen - but Ive read enough about people singing his praises to believe he is more than legit.

Skill guys get a lot of the hype - but what I believe separates the top tier teams in Loudoun and the Roanoke area from the teams in the Winchester area at present are the guys up front.

Hard to make that statement stick - you put #1 or #23 from Millbrook on Salem tonight and they run wild and we are talking about how great they are. You put Salem's backs on Millbrook - they are probably as ineffective at #1 and #23 were tonight. I have seen the highlights of Ramsey - and he on the other hand is on another level. Basham I have not seen - but Ive read enough about people singing his praises to believe he is more than legit.

Skill guys get a lot of the hype - but what I believe separates the top tier teams in Loudoun and the Roanoke area from the teams in the Winchester area at present are the guys up front.
Good post.

No doubt Salem's line was better but, it is not hard at all to make that statement stick. #23 is a sophomore listed 5'9" and 165 and not yet anywhere physical enough to compete at the level the teams were playing at last night. #1 was physical enough just had no help up front. 23 will be good in time he is just not yet ready physically. When Salem got him he went down on first contact way more often than not and those guys were not worried about him breaking away. They were tackling for the strip. 1 and 2 for Millbrook, 2, 21, and 7 all exhibited way more physicality and ability to get yards after contact. Again, I think he is a good player for his age, however, realistically he would have been a JV call up at several programs in the Roanoke Valley as opposed to a Frontline option.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT