ADVERTISEMENT

Salem and Lake Taylor...just like we all knew all year.

LT over the course of the year has played better teams and will win it by a fair margin imo. But we will find out in a week.

All Salem has to do is feed it to Ramsey and Fox, and play defense like they've been doing, and they will win.

Just does anyone know how many rushing yards LT has given up this season in 14 games?

Fox is banged up. Agree ball control could help salem but I have a feeling everyone is going to see LT on all cylinders next week. Salem has not played a team with LT speed all year. LT has seen big teams all year. Again we will find out next week and I am done posting my free opinion on this.

In 2006 Louisa hadn't given up many rushing yards all year until Amherst ran all over them. Salem will have the best rushing attack LT has seen this year (Bird doesn't have a fullback like Ramsey). Fox will most likely be back on offense, I just watched their game against Liberty and he played defense and looked fine.

So we're Louisa 2006? Just because it happened to your team that means what? We will come to play and we hang our hats on stopping the run and our defense so it will be a battle of wills. I watched the game also and they are a very solid team. I know you want us to lose Hoos so you can come up here and go after me...Got one more chance left.

You don't know what I want or how I think, as I've said I love your offense. So don't go assuming things, like you claim we do about you. I just gave the Louisa example as an example that it can happen to your team just as easily. Same thing happened to Oscar Smith last year against Centreville.

Had Louisa actually played anybody with a pulse up to that point in 2006? It was a given they hadn't played anybody like Amherst up to that point. LT can answer affirmatively to both those questions in the current year as they have played solid competition that compares very favorably to what they will be facing next Saturday in Lynchburg.

Hey Devils, if you end up with a spare VIP parking pass, or Hospitality pass, remember your Buddy down in Dinwiddie. I'm going regardless. I'm just working every angle to get upstairs to Wikki and the rest of the ladies from Amherst', great cooking.

Doesn't feel good huh? Well we know you are down on Bird so your knock on Bird was expected, but I will ask you is Salem more physical up front then Bird? We will see Saturday and that is all that counts we lived to practice another week and seek our 2nd title in 3 years. What is said up here is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things its just interesting fodder. Go ahead and fire away at it making prognostications, predictions, and analysis!!

Yeah, 9-1 Park View, 11-0 Harrisonburg, and 11-1 Powhatan were just a bunch of nobodies. I guess that's why Louisa's strength of schedule was rated stronger than Amherst's.
This post was edited on 12/6 5:45 PM by HoosFan05

Originally posted by cutnjump:
they have played solid competition that compares very favorably to what they will be facing next Saturday in Lynchburg.
No we haven't.. Bird was down this year...My bad not as good as years past... Our district stunk, and 4a North was harder to navigate through. I remember someone said LT couldn't survive in the Jefferson District this year whatever that district is I'm not familiar. Guess we will just show up and play a team that we haven't been prepared for all season with the schedule we played. Salem did play PH-Roanoke and they have a ton of athletes from what I read so don't come up here saying Salem hasn't face a team like LT all season because that is untrue.

I have never made one prediction on this site. Find one.. I see you upset I'm a coach up here too huh? Well get over it.. Would you like for me to tender my resignation from coaching because I post on Preps? Fat chance!!
roll.r191677.gif

You should start writing for Preps and give your analysis of all the teams and get paid for them. I'm sure Rod Johnson and the staff could use a few more beat writers on staff. We know you don't like that dirty Bird squad that left you unimpressed. What happens if they win it all next week?

What did that strength of schedule get you other than a long bus ride home with an L. Yeah those three were a murderer's row, heck they probably could have beat your hoos that year.

I'll see what I can do...I'll be in the county tomorrow for the 4a South voting should be an interesting meeting!!! Who do you think should win OPOY and DPOY in 4a South?

Yeah, you just get offended whenever someone says something about LT that you don't like or agree with. Just because I think Salem will win you automatically think I just WANT LT to lose, when in reality I just think Salem is that good, and yes more physical than Bird.

Look, clearly you don't understand that I only mentioned that Louisa team because some teams think they can stop the run all year until they meet a certain team that does it to them. And last time I checked, Amherst beat Louisa by 7. Not exactly a dominating contrast of area teams. What's your excuse for Centreville doing the same thing to Smith last year cutnjump? Those vaunted 757 teams were a bunch of pansies compared to those NoVA teams, huh?
This post was edited on 12/6 6:04 PM by HoosFan05

All three of those were close playoff games while during the season the only playoff team you played was Courtland (10-2). We played 6 playoff teams in our 10 regular season games. Is what it is though Hoos glad you like the offense.

Not offended because your opinion really is what it is your opinion. Who am I to tell you how to think?? Good thing it will be settled on the field and may the chips fall where they may. I think a lot of the people's perception and beliefs in LT have zero merit. I think a lot of you guys think the 757 is speed soft football and that's far from the truth.

I don't have an excuse for Oscar Smith I didn't coach for them. So 757 teams are pansies? Cool
This post was edited on 12/6 6:05 PM by DEVILSLB99

Originally posted by DEVILSLB99:
I don't have an excuse for Oscar Smith I didn't coach for them. So 757 teams are pansies? Cool
That response was for cutnjump. See devils you can't even detect sarcasm and you're getting offended again.
This post was edited on 12/6 6:07 PM by HoosFan05

I would bet the Eastern District racked up about an average of 10 yards per game against them. Bird probably between 100-200 (I could look it up, but I'm too lazy right now). I don't think you beat LT by being one dimensional.

I don't think anyone has said the 757 is soft. Most people agree that they have more athletes, which is a synonym for speed. Football is a physical game no matter how you play it. I know people have said that Salem plays physical. What they mean is that they try to be more physical than most. It's a moot point really though because I don't believe a team can make it to the championship game without playing physical. I would like to see Salem get just a little recognition for their offense though. They scored 34 points on a big tough defense today with their #1 running back not getting a carry. I know you say the teams we play are not as good as the teams out east but that's still impressive. I hope Salem can keep it close next week against you guys. I'll be there cheering win or lose.

This post was edited on 12/6 6:09 PM by 66Spartan2001

I didn't realize we were talking about the 757 versus NOVA but, Centreville was a very good team. I'm just laughing at a lot of the silly observations you have made trying to get a little traction for your opinion/hope of the outcome of next week's game and trying to get under Devils skin.

Not offended just read the comment restated it and said cool. I was thinking more IF this came out his mouth he must be joking or just plain crazy. My blood pressure didn't raise I simply flipped the Alabama game on. LOL when I say it's not serious it really isn't.

If we come out and turn it over it may not be close. We have to come out and play well against a team that realistically won't beat themselves. Considering the styles of offenses it doesn't lend itself to being a shootout type game, but a hard nosed, hard hitting football game with the team making the least amount of mistakes winning. I liken it to playing Phoebus when Coach Dee was there.

I would say that is a fair prediction. Now if you could just post your gameplan and all your teams weaknesses.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

okay I looked it up.

Bird Rushed for 276, but that was the Skyhawks' second lowest total of the season. Mines had an 80 yard and a 44 yard TD run.

I listened on the radio, but it didn't sound like yards were easy to come by, but a couple of times Bird would break the line and there was no safety to keep it from going for real big yards. Nevertheless, Lake Taylor was still the better team and did enough to beat Bird and came through with the big plays.

Bird beat them last year with the help of lots of turnovers and Monacan almost had them due to turnovers. Making them turn it over might be a key to having a chance.

Let me say this. Salem is pretty doggone good. I watched them today and if anyone is expecting Lake Taylor to have an easy time of it, they'd better think again.

I remember telling a buddy coach of mine one time that the team they were getting ready to play was surprisingly much better than I thought (and his team's coaches thought). He said, "Well, they'd better score a bunch, because nobody can stop our offense." That offense ended up being shut out and the team I warned them about won 21-0 or something near that. They had to play them again the next week in the first round of the playoffs and got shut out again.

I've also been on staffs where we took a playoff team lightly and got beat.

You're here you're good. They're here; they're good. Both teams fans can have some fun talking trash, but the coaches had better prepare like they're getting ready to face Florida State or they're going to get a surprise. I love to see people pumped about playing a high caliber opponent and trying to prove themselves rather than try to tear each other down before the game. We'll see who wins. That may not even settle who's the best, but it'll settle who was the best on the night that it counted.

This post was edited on 12/6 6:28 PM by GilliamRatings

I'm indeed impressed by how Salem plays without beating themselves. Plus they can pass. With that offensive line plus that manchild Ramsey, and receivers Parker and Womack, I think their offense is more multifaceted than LTs. I think Salem's defense will force Johnson to pass more than usual and he tends to throw it up for grabs under pressure. LTs defense tends to get burned, as they did a few times last night, by a good passing game, which Salem has. Ultimately, though, I think it'll come down to who can stop the run better.

Re: okay I looked it up.

Little secret about the 80 yard run. We only had 10 men on the field and right where we were missing a player is where Bird ran. Still pick with the player to the day about why wasn't he in the game. SMH that's kids for you. We didn't really big play Bird in that game we lined down and ran it at them, and threw the ball when necessary and made some plays.

Originally posted by cutnjump:
I didn't realize we were talking about the 757 versus NOVA but, Centreville was a very good team. I'm just laughing at a lot of the silly observations you have made trying to get a little traction for your opinion/hope of the outcome of next week's game and trying to get under Devils skin.
Again, my whole original point was, and is, just because a team was good at stopping the run during most of their games it doesn't mean it will carry over to the state championship game, as Louisa, Oscar Smith, and plenty of other teams have found out. And it could very well happen to LT also. You don't seem to understand that. Devils stated how well his team has done against the run, so I threw my point out there.
This post was edited on 12/6 6:40 PM by HoosFan05

Ramsey is a man child-----will be one of the best players in the state next year---------Schools better start getting interested

Hoosfan cant spot talent everyone looks good. He thought powhatan was down then they were world beaters. He just rambles sometimes cause he thinks the jefferson is so good cause his team is in it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT