ADVERTISEMENT

Salem fans looking for improvement

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
The Spartan faithful are hoping for signs of improvement after a bye week. Salem plays Cave Spring, Hidden Valley and Pulaski. The defense needs to play much better, and the offense must eliminate turnovers and penalties. It may be unfair to evaluate every Salem team by asking one question, can they win a State Title? But that is the reality here in Salem. Salem is a good football team, the question is can they improve enough to meet the expected standard ( no matter how unfair that might be)

Expected standard??? Hmmmmm let's see.... I think Salem loses all three, Salem sells the civic center to Vinton, Mac and bobs closes its doors, Salem adds Craig. Co. And honaker to its s schedule, Roanoke college starts a football team, spartan silk screen makes Pulaski co. Shirts, main street changed to T.C.Williams BLvd and last but not least 3 putt wears a marble sack in the Salem Christmas parade and sings Barry Manilow's "copa cobana" in front of the judging stand while wearing roller blades juggling chainsaws:confused::eek::p:(o_O

Expected standard??? Hmmmmm let's see.... I think Salem loses all three, Salem sells the civic center to Vinton, Mac and bobs closes its doors, Salem adds Craig. Co. And honaker to its s schedule, Roanoke college starts a football team, spartan silk screen makes Pulaski co. Shirts, main street changed to T.C.Williams BLvd and last but not least 3 putt wears a marble sack in the Salem Christmas parade and sings Barry Manilow's "copa cobana" in front of the judging stand while wearing roller blades juggling chainsaws:confused::eek::p:(o_O
. Salem should win all three, but how they look doing it will be what's important. They need to give up no more than four total tds in the next three games.

. Salem should win all three, but how they look doing it will be what's important. They need to give up no more than four total tds in the next three games.
Won’t matter much Bottom. Let the boys do their thing the first half and give the JV boys some time in the second half. Salem will blow all 3 out. Pulaski may put up a fight but the other 2 won’t be close. Running clocks in the second quarter.

LOL!! How can you not love this guy!!!

Sometimes the players are not as good as previous years. To expect them to just get better isn't always reasonable.

Reactions: OCBoy
Sometimes the expected standard isn’t just going to happen. Acceptance into that standard is risky business and can cause a lot of problems in a program

I'll sharpen your chainsaws

Are you still doing the turkey drop at Thanksgiving in Salem this year Les?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT