9/27 @ Patrick Henry
10/4 @ Hidden Valley
10/11 vs Pulaski Co
10/18 BYE
10/25 vs Cave Spring
11/1 @ Christiansburg
11/8 vs Blacksburg

All games 7 PM

Who do yall see challenging Salem on this schedule other than LCA, PH and Fleming?

Franklin’s county MIGHT. Similar styles, and Franklin county usually looks the part and they have the depth being a bigger school. For some reason it doesn’t translate on the field.

Salem on paper won't be at the same level as last year, but they were significantly better than everyone on their schedule last year with the exception of LCA. Besides that game the 2 closest games were PH (24-7) and WF. (33-14) The rest of their games were won by 36+ points. So I don't see anyone closing that gap enough in one year to get over the hump. (besides the 3 opponents you mentioned)

Franklin County does have good power up front and they run a similar style so they could make a game of it. Jeffrey Hairston will be a handful I'm sure.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Franklin County will lose to Salem 35-34 and go 1-9. They should always be good IMO @mike salem

Hairston is a beast.
It's not just football that has underachieved the last couple of years. Most of their teams have been .500 or worse. Not sure what the issue is. Like most schools, participation isn't what it used to be. They have C5/6 ADM with C3 participation numbers.

It's not just football that has underachieved the last couple of years. Most of their teams have been .500 or worse. Not sure what the issue is. Like most schools, participation isn't what it used to be. They have C5/6 ADM with C3 participation numbers.
Their baseball team was in Richmond a few days ago and got smacked by Godwin. I remember the days that GW/Franklin County would meet nearly yearly in Boys and Girls Basketball and Baseball for the Western Valley District Championship and have serious playoff implications in football. Franklin County would often field 60+ players on their football teams. Those days are long gone.

Their baseball team was in Richmond a few days ago and got smacked by Godwin. I remember the days that GW/Franklin County would meet nearly yearly in Boys and Girls Basketball and Baseball for the Western Valley District Championship and have serious playoff implications in football. Franklin County would often field 60+ players on their football teams. Those days are long gone.
Baseball/Softball had a good year and that's about it!

Last edited:
Where will LCA be compared to last season. Weaker, stronger, or about the same?

Where will LCA be compared to last season. Weaker, stronger, or about the same?
LCA returns most of their better players from last season (RB/OT/QB/WR). At least 3 transfers coming in from Smith Mountain Lake Christian Academy. They will be strong again as long as their starters stay healthy.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Franklin County will lose to Salem 35-34 and go 1-9. They should always be good IMO @mike salem

Hairston is a beast.
Franklin County doesn't have the community support. Kids play because they want to but it's not at the top of their list. The dedication to the program is just not there

I'm sure like many other boring and depressing areas in Southwest Virginia, there will eventually be an exodus from Franklin County and their student population will eventually drop to Class 4 numbers. That may end up being a net gain for them as it relates to competitiveness.

I'm sure like many other boring and depressing areas in Southwest Virginia, there will eventually be an exodus from Franklin County and their student population will eventually drop to Class 4 numbers. That may end up being a net gain for them as it relates to competitiveness.
They can't compete vs C3,C4 and C5 now with larger enrolment

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT