ADVERTISEMENT

Salem vs LT

Oct 7, 2014
Can anybody make a score prediction on this game? I think salem playing as the underdog is going to end up helping them out. LT is special, though, but so is Salem. If you can give a score prediction, please reply, but I myself can' do so at this point haha.

Lake Taylor is not the perfect team people think. They proved that in last week's game against Monacan. Check out their conference. Their opponents records are terrible (with the exception of one team.) I know folks may say Salem had the same, but Salem has played some pretty good opponents in the playoffs. LT has areas the Spartans can exploit. If the Spartan game plan is solid, they can beat LT. I would force LT QB to pass. He makes throws that can easily be picked off when under pressure. My plan would be to contain the QB and secure the edge if I was Salem. LT really only throws to two men. Salem should also focus on special teams. The snapper for LT isn't that great and neither is the kicker. Salem needs to capitalize on this and play aggressive on special teams-rush punts and shoot up the gap on field goals and extra points. I never thought I'd say this (UVA fan here) they need to play "Beamer Ball"! On kickoff they need to make sure not to kick it to the deep man too! I say it will be Salem 35 LT 21

This post was edited on 12/8 7:32 PM by close2salem

I have LT 28 - Salem 14. I have not seen Salem play but LT played in division 5 until last year. Division 5 has always been considered the toughest in the state. Look in this area and the state champions have been Phoebus, Hampton and finally LT. They lost to a very good state champion in Dinwiddie last year. There schedule always includes tough teams such as Battlefield, Oscar Smith and LC Bird. These have been home and away series and these teams have one thing in common, State champions. LT lucked out and won last week, that was there bad game, they don't play 2 bad games in a row. Salem better be ready to play because LT will be ready.

How many kids go both ways for lake taylor? Is there film on lake taylor online?

Lots of film online...type in "Lake Taylor hudl" then click on their roster. You can check out players' highlights. You can also look for clips on Youtube. I've watched a lot of their film. They have their weak spots. A lot of their players play both ways. Their QB does. Their corners play as WR and FS too. They are not very big weight wise.

Originally posted by Skully76:
How many kids go both ways for lake taylor? Is there film on lake taylor online?
Let me make it easier than using Google.

Go to our front page, along the left side as you scroll down, click on the "Video Vault" image. That will take you to a page where you can access film (player highlights) from almost every program in the state.

What do you mean Lt hasn't played anyone in their conference they beat Norview who was one win away from the state semis in D5 Norcom a playoff team Booker T Washington playoff team that went to Powahtan and beat them not too mention they beat Phoebus, and State finalist Bird. You may need to check again. Close2salem

I mean their conference records are less than stellar:

Norcom 7-3

Booker T Washington 6-5

Woodrow Wilson 3-6

Churchland 4-7

Deep Creek 0-10

Yes, LC Bird and Norview are good teams. Phoebus was 8-4 on the season. They are not the same as the Phoebus of the past. Dinwiddie lost all their seniors. I've seen the film. I'm not impressed with the discipline of the defenses they have played. Lake Taylor does have a good offense, but they can be beat.

This post was edited on 12/7 8:35 PM by close2salem

This post was edited on 12/7 8:36 PM by close2salem

This post was edited on 12/7 10:17 PM by close2salem

Deep creek was not on their schedule and every team I mention had a winning record. You still are not making any sense Norcom ,Norview, Bird, Btw, and Phoebus aren't good teams a down Phoebus team or not finish 8-4 is a good record in the Peninsula.

My prediction is LT-28 Salem-24.. I can see this being a close game. However, Salems injuries still concern me.

My mistake about Deep Creek. I assumed they would have played everyone in their conference. Still, these records don't look much better. Don't get me wrong, I think LT is good. I just don't think they are untouchable.

Norcom 8-3 L.C. Bird 11-2 Norview 11-2 Kings Fork 10-3

Woodrow Wilson 3-7 Phoebus 8-4 Dinwiddie 9-3

Amherst County 3-7 Maury 1-9 Granby 1-9 Churchland 4-7

Booker T. Washington 6-6

lt better buckle the chin straps salem dont play tag ball

Lt might win salem might win.... salem will not be intimadered ate all by taylor. What's to be imtamited of. Taylor bettet be scared of salem, cause that maroon and white nasty train is coming.

Man you have LT all figured out. I guess Salem has no weaknesses at all. Thanks buddy and welcome to VirginiaPreps where have you been all year?

everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth

Salem will be Salem-----very few if any changes------Salem will try to do what Salem does-----if that's not good enough they will reload next year and try to get better. I think Lake Taylor is every bit as good as people think. I also think that Salem is pretty good also.

Re: everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth

I think some of the people up here discount L.C. Bird. They are as physical as they get and LT played toe to toe with them and hit them back in the mouth. I keep trying to warn you guys that the kids at LT are far from soft these are some mean kids that don't have anything handed to them. Salem's physicality will not intimidate LT at all, it is welcomed.

Lots of inexperienced high school football observers posting these days. One team being more physical than the other will not be a factor---imagine that will even out. Turnovers, mistakes and big plays or lack there of will determine this game.

LT by 3 TDs or more - good luck finding those weaknesses. Salem has to find a way to throw the ball against press-man coverage b/c running it will be extremely difficult. LT packs the box and brings people from everywhere. Sometimes it looks unsound but it is extremely effective. Monacan threw the ball all year but had trouble implementing their "Tony Franklin" system against those athletes from LT. I don't know that Salem will be able to put up the bunches of points that they have all year against LT. My bold prediction LT 35 - Salem 14. However, games aren't played on message boards & I will be more than happy to eat a plate of crow. Looking forward to watching both games this Saturday.

Re: lt better buckle the chin straps salem dont play tag ball

I don't know if LT will be able to stop Ramsey... Kid has heart, is on a hot streak, he's a great athlete and is an absolute beast.

Could be one heck of a train wreck when Ramsey and Johnson meet in the hole. I don't Ramsey is any bigger or better than many if the backs they faced already this season. No disrespect. Ramsey has talent, but he's not superman. Devils will put this post up on the bulletin board.

Name me one fullback that LT has played this year as good as Ramsey? You might want to go check out his numbers Navy. They are ridiculous for a fullback.

Ramsey has said none of this. If they hang it on the bulletin
board, I hope they quote it. All the experts on both sides
don't play the game.

Wasn't criticizing Ramsey. The Salem poster said "Lt" couldn't stop him. I agree LT hasn't faced many fullbacks with his stats, because most of the teams they play don't use a fullback. I was referring to backs in general. I know his stats and am well aware of his ability. He has a promising future, but unstopable?? I am gathering "some" Salem fans like yourself think the Spartans are going to run the ball all over Lake Taylor. wow! Very optimistic. I like the confidence.

So true sir. Wish nothing but the best for Ramsey, the Spartans and Lake Taylor. Can't wait to see the game.

Monacan was a quality opponent though and redzone turnovers helped keep that came close because without them they would've ran away with that game. And thinking LT is not as good as advertised will have Salem on the end of a blowout. LT has athletes all over the field on both sides. The QB can either run over you for 200+ yards or he can throw over you for 200+. I just think LT will be too much for Salem.

This is so far from the truth Navy. I challenge you to show me a single post where I even implied that Salem would run the ball all over LT. Stop trying to create billboard material.

"Success is an attitude,a mindset,a decision, a commitment, a
promise. A belief that it can be done, should be done and WILL be done."

George Akomas Jr

If the Spartans don't have confidence, how can they win? There is a difference between believing in yourself and being arrogant. (I'm not saying anyone is being that way.) I say Salem will win because I believe they can!

Salem will do what Salem does!
There is no tricks or gimmicks, as someone already posted they will bring what they have and come right at you, if that's not there they will spread you out, just basic stuff, but mastered, and if they lose they will try the same thing again next year. Salem tries to play mistake free football, flags, and turnovers are not common. Which has always been a plus................Salem 31 - LT 28.

I was not talking about you saying Ramsey would run all over LT. Svaspartan posted that. I was only responding to your statement about checking Ramseys stats. I simply said the kid was not superman. Good yes, but not unstoppable. If you support svaspartans post that's fine. I have no dog in the fight my team lost to LT and I certainly do not desire to cause chaos. I like Salem's confidence and that's not sarcastic. I too believe the our Generals can win every game. If I offended you I apologize. That was not my intent. Yards are going to be hard to come by for both teams. If I am wrong then I am wrong.

I don't think anyone has come out of a game with Bird and thought they had been hit. Some people have put it on the Skyhawks from time to time over the years, but I still think, even then, they were walking with a limp the next day. I also think, people hear that Lake Taylor is athletic and assume that means they don't hit you. Those LT players will lay the wood. I agree, if someone is under a delusion that Lake Taylor hasn't been hit or can't deliver a hit then they are...well, under a delusion.

No offense taken at all Navy. All is good!

Originally posted by BleedingNavy:
Wasn't criticizing Ramsey. The Salem poster said "Lt" couldn't stop him. I agree LT hasn't faced many fullbacks with his stats, because most of the teams they play don't use a fullback. I was referring to backs in general. I know his stats and am well aware of his ability. He has a promising future, but unstopable?? I am gathering "some" Salem fans like yourself think the Spartans are going to run the ball all over Lake Taylor. wow! Very optimistic. I like the confidence.
Actually he said he was "not sure that anyone could stop him"... those are two different statements.

Their defense is "extremely effective" against teams who run the option or out of the shotgun. Have any of their opponents this year gone under center? I don't see the man defense holding up.

This is a joke right?? LT is traditionally one of the better teams in the ER and State defensively on a yearly basis. The defense is effective against any type of offense... Not everyone in the area runs the spread or option. This year we have played these teams and these are the offenses they ran.

Phoebus-I formation
Amherst- Single Wing
Norview - Spread
Maury- Power I
L.C.Bird - I formation
Churchland - Multiple
BTW - Multiple
Woodrow Wilson - I formation
Granby - Multiple
Norcom - Multiple
Lakeland - Spread
Dinwiddie - Spread
Kings Fork - Spread option
Monacan - Spread

When I say multiple I mean they can run the I they can run the spread they go back and forth depending on the situation. So as you can see people did get under center this year against our defense and it still was effective.. Hope this answers your questions

No joke, I'm serious. Like I said in another post, the mighty 757 wasn't even on my radar until now. I have watched film, but I wasn't going to watch every single team LT played this season.
smile.r191677.gif

The defense was only effective enough to win the game against LC Bird. Bird still scored a lot of points, just not enough. It wouldn't be my first choice of defense for a team in the I formation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT