ADVERTISEMENT

Salem vs Millbrook next week

Nov 4, 2016
beat lake Taylor on double overtime

Year before lake Taylor beat Salem at state
You Millbrook radio guys don't even know your competition

Millbrook has never played a team like Salem in its history. I was correct in saying they'd have no trouble with Loudoun Valley, but Salem is another animal all together. If Salem can shut down Savon Smith and P.K. Kier this game won't be close.

The radio commentators didn't even know the team were defending state champs or runners up to Lake Taylor the year before. Glad they don't do their homework because it's going to be a rude awakening walking to into Salem stadium and the entire atmosphere. I don't think they get it.

Reactions: Salem1306
The radio commentators didn't even know the team were defending state champs or runners up to Lake Taylor the year before. Glad they don't do their homework because it's going to be a rude awakening walking to into Salem stadium and the entire atmosphere. I don't think they get it.
It makes no difference what the radio people say. Why does that matter so much to you?

I don't know, I just expected iHeart sports radio announcers to know their stuff. How can they not know who won state last year. The people that post on here should be doing their broadcast because this site is far more informative.

Salem only needs to shut down Savon Smith on the outside , or limit his long runs to just a handful, to win. A solid defense will keep Kier in check between the tackles, and Millbrook's QB is not capable of picking up enough slack to overcome their outside runs being limited. Which is exactly what Woodgrove did to Millbrook.

Salem Spartans, Seven (7) time State Champs. Yea,,,we play a little football down here in the 540!

Smith is all Millbrook has - they are not very good up front. Salem's coaching staff will all but erase Smith (I think he's good enough to hit a few - we will see if they are homeruns or doubles - either way it won't be enough) with a solid gameplan. Salem offense with roll over Millbrook's defense. Salem 49 Millbrook 14.

Millbrook has lost just one game. They lost to the number one ranked team in the West. Salem will give them the respect they deserve. Fans should also

Millbrook has scored at least 34 points a game, except for the game against Woodgrove. They will get Salems full attention. Can't wait til game time.

Millbrook has more than just Smith (he's a very special player and only a sophomore) PK Kier a UVA commit rushed for 200 yds last night. I would say Kier would be thunder and Smith would be lightning. The defense would have to play incredible to beat Salem they were missing the three leading tacklers last night do to injury. SMITH has a combination of speed, agility and power that blows my mind...For a small guy he's hard to tackle.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
I think what you really need to look at is who Millbrook beat this year. Their signature win was against a young Sherando team riddled with injuries to key players. I had predicted Millbrook to blow Sherando out - and that didn't happen. Sherando outplayed Millbrook for a vast majority of that game - Special teams killed Sherando that night and had it not been for big special teams plays then Sherando wins that game by 3 tds. And Sherando was a 5-5 team. So unless the teams from the Lynchburg/Roanoke area are down this year - Salem will have no problem putting it to Millbrook.

I think what you really need to look at is who Millbrook beat this year. Their signature win was against a young Sherando team riddled with injuries to key players. I had predicted Millbrook to blow Sherando out - and that didn't happen. Sherando outplayed Millbrook for a vast majority of that game - Special teams killed Sherando that night and had it not been for big special teams plays then Sherando wins that game by 3 tds. And Sherando was a 5-5 team. So unless the teams from the Lynchburg/Roanoke area are down this year - Salem will have no problem putting it to Millbrook.
Which is ironic, I thought special teams were Sherando's strength.

Louisa was expected to make a deep playoff run before injuries got to them,Wasn't Lousia signature win was a 1point win aganist Sherando.We talked up Lousia for what they did early this year But when a Millbrook team beat Sherando it was because of special teams and Sherando was young.Sherando lost to some very good teams this year and it doesn't mean we should take anything away from Millbrook for beating them.Other than Lousia the teams Sherando loss to is 43-1 and the 1 game Millbrook loss to was to underfeated Woodgrove.I think Sherando would've beaten 50% of the teams thats in the playoffs. I think Salem will beat Millbrook but to discredit them aganist Salem could be a mistake.

Millbrook has more than just Smith (he's a very special player and only a sophomore) PK Kier a UVA commit rushed for 200 yds last night. I would say Kier would be thunder and Smith would be lightning. The defense would have to play incredible to beat Salem they were missing the three leading tacklers last night do to injury. SMITH has a combination of speed, agility and power that blows my mind...For a small guy he's hard to tackle.
I wholeheartedly agree. You have to stop Smith AND Kier to beat Millbrook. Most teams have focused on Kier. Smith came out of nowhere this year. That kid is the real deal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT