ADVERTISEMENT

Salem

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Lack of playmakers and team speed showed up again tonight. Kids are playing hard. Giving it all they got. There is no magic button to push. The system is keeping Salem in games, but Salem lacks team speed and is giving up big plays. Five long td passes in last two games. People are just running by us. I thought that maybe they would improve as the year went on, but I have not seen it yet. Tough games coming up with passing teams Pulaski and PH. Hope we don't finish 5-5. We are Salem and that's enough for me, but we all need to be realist, we lack playmakers and I don't think that's fixable.
Another big play tonight that changed the game. 17 hurdles tackler and gets called for 15 yard personal foul on a play that would have given Salem a big first down in bb territory. Hate that rule. That play was huge.

Lack of playmakers and team speed showed up again tonight. Kids are playing hard. Giving it all they got. There is no magic button to push. The system is keeping Salem in games, but Salem lacks team speed and is giving up big plays. Five long td passes in last two games. People are just running by us. I thought that maybe they would improve as the year went on, but I have not seen it yet. Tough games coming up with passing teams Pulaski and PH. Hope we don't finish 5-5. We are Salem and that's enough for me, but we all need to be realist, we lack playmakers and I don't think that's fixable.
Another big play tonight that changed the game. 17 hurdles tackler and gets called for 15 yard personal foul on a play that would have given Salem a big first down in bb territory. Hate that rule. That play was huge.
They call that so inconsistently, some Refs never call it, some call it sometime, too often it depends on who’s hurdling. The rule needs to be looked at and clarified or done away with. To take away from a great effort seems almost criminal to me, it kills momentum and causes backs to run defensively.

Reactions: close2salem
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT