ADVERTISEMENT

Salem

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
I'm sure there might be a few people out there wondering if Salem has a playoff run in them. Watch the Pulaski game. Pulaski is a good football team. If Salem struggles or gets beat that will probably indicate no playoff run. If Salem wins by two or more TDS, look out.

Reactions: Amgis and 1Gensfan
I'm sure there might be a few people out there wondering if Salem has a playoff run in them. Watch the Pulaski game. Pulaski is a good football team. If Salem struggles or gets beat that will probably indicate no playoff run. If Salem wins by two or more TDS, look out.

I would agree this is an important game but its not as dire as you make it. What exactly does it prove if Salem beats Pulaski by more than a few touchdowns? Both teams will easily qualify for the playoffs and as the season has worn on several of the teams boosted up early in Region D have flopped recently. Not saying D is not tough just saying its anybody's game, therefore there are reasons to tune in to this game:
1. Neither team has a signature win and both have lost to the the "better" teams on their schedule.
2. This game has a long history. Will it be competitive again?
3. Region D seeding.
4. Great fan support.

Win or lose I look for Salem to be a thorn in the side for anyone in D. Blacksburg and EC Glass are my personal favorites in D. Just my opinion, but given Salem's history of struggling with athletic quarterbacks they will have their hands full with Kendrick and Glass.

Reactions: freeatlast2013
So does this mean that you think Pulaski can't make a playoff run? I don't think their is much separation in 4D. We will find out soon how 4D stacks up to the rest of the state.

I think Salem wins 4D again, but it's only a hunch and my hunches rarely come to pass. :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT