ADVERTISEMENT

Salem's OOD schedule next year '17

Any idea if Amherst is still first, and when we will play Dinwiddie?
I believe Amherst is still Week 1, Dinwiddie replaces William Byrd Week 3 (Game 2), Northside Week 4 (Game 3), and Franklin Co should replace Carroll Co Week 6 (Game 5) That's my understanding anyway .

That's good. Probably need that extra week before big D comes to town. Looking forward to that. Hope the place is packed.
Appropriate nickname for the Generals, they are known first and foremost for that Defense. Their offense is pretty darn good too. DinwiddieProud thinks next year they won't be as good as they are this year because of losses to graduation. We'll be in the same boat though with key losses at QB, LB, FB,TE, DE, SS, OL, & DL. 16 Sr's & at least 11 starting positions.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Yes, both teams will lose some talent to graduation. Dinwiddie will have replace 3 of 4 starting defensive lineman, two offensive lineman, two d-backs and qb.

If little Pope, a dual threat quarterback matures and works hard on his mechanics he will be fine. He will have plenty of offensive weapons left over including his big brother (K'Vaughan).

Defensively, Dinwiddie will likely struggle a bit early against the run. There is plenty of depth at the d-back position, so we should be able to defend the pass.

I know DP and I have marked this game on the calendar and look forward to making the trip next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Yes, both teams will lose some talent to graduation. Dinwiddie will have replace 3 of 4 starting defensive lineman, two offensive lineman, two d-backs and qb.

If little Pope, a dual threat quarterback matures and works hard on his mechanics he will be fine. He will have plenty of offensive weapons left over including his big brother (K'Vaughan).

Defensively, Dinwiddie will likely struggle a bit early against the run. There is plenty of depth at the d-back position, so we should be able to defend the pass.

I know DP and I have marked this game on the calendar and look forward to making the trip next season.
Salem will be run dominant with Ramsey back and brand new at qb. Tucker back at wide receiver will be huge threat. Offensive line should be pretty good

Bye week still after Amherst?
No I'm not sure when the bye week is yet, but I know Amherst is Week 1, Franklin Co is Week 2, Dinwiddie is on 9/8, so definitely Week 3, and Northside Week 4. There are no bye weeks in the first 4 weeks anyway, that much I know.

Appropriate nickname for the Generals, they are known first and foremost for that Defense. Their offense is pretty darn good too. DinwiddieProud thinks next year they won't be as good as they are this year because of losses to graduation. We'll be in the same boat though with key losses at QB, LB, FB,TE, DE, SS, OL, & DL. 16 Sr's & at least 11 starting positions.
Dang , what it would be like to have 16 seniors on a team! Some can only dream.

We had 22 on the 2013 team. The down side is you lose 22 the next year, many of which were starters and/or four year players.

Reactions: hamspear
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT