ADVERTISEMENT

Seminole Game of the Week

catchtds

VaPreps Varsity
Gold Member
May 11, 2009
The Battle of Timberlake Road...who you got? Both teams have deep playoffs aspirations. Multiple transfers from Heritage to Brookville. I got the Pioneers +10.

The Battle of Timberlake Road...who you got? Both teams have deep playoffs aspirations. Multiple transfers from Heritage to Brookville. I got the Pioneers +10.
Dont sound like the transfers from Heritage to Brookville helped brookville any if your picking heritage by +10

Will be paying attention to this game.
I still think Heritage might be the cream of the crop there in the Seminole.

What is leaning yall to favor Heritage? They on top til someone knocks them off? Impressive early season? Just wondering I haven't kept up much this season.

Heritage by at least two scores. Seen both play this year and I think Heritage is just better, including but not limited to the fact that they're waaaay more disciplined, which I think will be the difference maker in this one.

Reactions: lyhsports
This should be a very good game. I have had a chance to see both teams play also. Brookville is the only team between the two that have actually had a test, in LCA week 1. Heritage is FAST and a physical football team. Brookville has a stingy defense and is a physical team as well... As OlderSport 74 said Heritage is king of the hill until someone knocks them off. Its gonna be a good one.

True true just gotta be tough enough to be the tough teams in the tough environments in tough game of football should be a tough hard great game

I did not see the game, but how much of a difference did the Heritage to Brookville transfers make in the game?

I did not see the game, but how much of a difference did the Heritage to Brookville transfers make in the game?
Rucker had some yards 28, Blake had 72 yds rec and a td. One of the biggest plays outside of the scoop and score from BHS in the first was the broken coverage wheel route to Rucker up the sideline, that setup another score, I think in the third.

Brookville won. My comment still remains the same. Hugh Freeze beat Nick Saban but I got a feeling people would still pick Saban.
I like this... But I got a feeling though if Coach Meeks had caliber of athletes Heritage has on a year to year basis it would be a different story. Don't get me wrong Brookville do have talent and Bradley is a hell of a Coach and have a hell of a coaching staff but no other school in the district has been as rich in Talent as Heritage have over the last 5-6 years. Give a Coach Christmas, Watts, Woody, Rocco etc that same level of talent you will get a similar result... Just my opinion, not a shot at Bradley. Talent plays a part in this also.

I like this... But I got a feeling though if Coach Meeks had caliber of athletes Heritage has on a year to year basis it would be a different story. Don't get me wrong Brookville do have talent and Bradley is a hell of a Coach and have a hell of a coaching staff but no other school in the district has been as rich in Talent as Heritage have over the last 5-6 years. Give a Coach Christmas, Watts, Woody, Rocco etc that same level of talent you will get a similar result... Just my opinion, not a shot at Bradley. Talent plays a part in this also.
I agree and disagree at the same time. Christmas had talent when he first returned to JF, Brokville has and has had talent, Watts is the most underrated coach in the state and just doesn't have the numbers, Glass has had talent while Woody has been there. It's always about the Jimmy and Joes, you either have them or you don't but what do you do when you don't have them is the difference. You can have different levels of Jimmy and Joes too!

Reactions: MaroonandGold29
I agree and disagree as well. Everything is more nuanced and complex than we realize when talking about a football team and its coaches(just so many variables). That said, when Christmas did have the talent you referenced, he went 25-2, winning the Seminole both years.

exactly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT