ADVERTISEMENT

Seminole Week 2

Nov 18, 2016
Just wanted to get everyone's take on this weeks matchups

Rustburg at Amherst - I think the team that loses this game may just get skunked in district play. This is the best chance for either team to get a district win. I like the Lancers at home 28-14
JF at LCA- JF 56-14
Heritage at Liberty- HHS 49-21
Brookville at Glass.....Should be a great game, and could go either way Glass 35 - 34

Reactions: wikki and lyhsports
Seems like Everyone is picking Glass over BVille . Y’all don’t think BVille any good ? Or just think Glass is still that much better ? Just curious thanks

Seems like Everyone is picking Glass over BVille . Y’all don’t think BVille any good ? Or just think Glass is still that much better ? Just curious thanks
Amherst hasn’t played Glass yet, but they did play Brookville. Amherst has had too many turnovers in all of their games, if not for that, they would have been in some is those games. Brookville is good but hasn’t played anyone yet, I might be wrong but I just think Glass is better. The game has to be played first of course

Amherst hasn’t played Glass yet, but they did play Brookville. Amherst has had too many turnovers in all of their games, if not for that, they would have been in some is those games. Brookville is good but hasn’t played anyone yet, I might be wrong but I just think Glass is better. The game has to be played first of course
I don’t think any of them will beat JF

So u saying since we didn’t beat Amherst by a hole lot more where not that good ? Because u said we haven’t played anybody yet but we played y’all lol Who has Glass played and beat that thinks there so much better just curious? Yea they played heritage close but heritage did get beat by 30 + against northside . Good thing about it is we play Glass & Heritage the next two games we’ll find out a lot about BVille !! I like people still don’t give us any respect makes us stay hungry ! I’m a little bias toward are team like everybody else is towards there’s but I really like this team I really think we’re going to get some people attention this year but we have to prove it on the field !!

So u saying since we didn’t beat Amherst by a hole lot more where not that good ? Because u said we haven’t played anybody yet but we played y’all lol Who has Glass played and beat that thinks there so much better just curious? Yea they played heritage close but heritage did get beat by 30 + against northside . Good thing about it is we play Glass & Heritage the next two games we’ll find out a lot about BVille !! I like people still don’t give us any respect makes us stay hungry ! I’m a little bias toward are team like everybody else is towards there’s but I really like this team I really think we’re going to get some people attention this year but we have to prove it on the field !!

If it’s worth anything, I’ve seen Brookville and Glass several times this year. I think Brookville might have them by a little. Neither team has played anybody in their non district schedule. I also think Brookville is the best looking of all the teams in the Seminole. Even JF. We’ll see on Friday. It’s going to be a great game with two really good teams.

Reactions: HokieTDTech
Yes sir I agree !!! Next two weeks we’ll say a lot on how this district will unfold ! Some really tuff good games coming up !

Reactions: lyhsports
I expect Rustburg and Amherst to be a competitive tossup.

I expect JF will probably beat LCA by a couple of scores at least.

I expect that Heritage will do the the same against Liberty, but I really think Liberty will be awful pesky in the games they will likely lose against Heritage, Glass, Brookville, and JF.They could sneak up on somebody like a mountain lion on prey.

I expect Brookville and Glass to be a game you'll not want to miss If you live in the Lynchburg area. Brookville hasn't played anybody till they play Fri, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything imo. I expect Brookville to be 100% ready to go whenever they play this year. I think Glass will be the same way. DON'T MISS THIS GAME IF YOU LIVE ANYWHERE NEAR LYNCHBURG, UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO YOUR TEAM'S GAME, OR YOU ARE HAVING A SERIOUS FAMILY ISSUE LIKE SOMEBODY'S UNFORTUNATELY IN THE HOSPITAL OR WORSE! (Seriously I hope no one is having to deal with serious family emergencies) This game should be the GOW in the Lynchburg area and possibly turn out to be the best game in the district this year. (It could be a candidate for one of the best games in the state)

Last edited:
Exactly right, Amherst is having a bad year so you have played teams with losing records. I never said Brookville is bad, go back and read it, I said they were good. I just said who I thought would win between Brookville and Glass. I think JF is the team in the Seminole this year, they beat GW. Do I think this is the best Brookville team they’ve had, no. Yes you have two good games coming up against Glass and Heritage, that surely will be the test. The games still have to be played, so do I care who wins, NO, But I do have my opinion on who I think will win

Last edited:
JF and Liberty already played. Minus an ugly flat 3rd quarter (35-6 halftime) it was all but a blowout. Final 57-34

Did Bville lose North for the season to injury or will he be back? Glass's dline is better than Amherst's so it may be tough running for the Bees unless they can air it out which they can. JF will beat LCA by 3 scores, Amherst and Rburg is a toss up but I hear Rburg's defense is their calling card and Amherst hasn't done much on offense this year. Loser won't win a seminole game. I think the closest game will be between Heritage and Liberty.

JF and Liberty already played. Minus an ugly flat 3rd quarter (35-6 halftime) it was all but a blowout. Final 57-34
Sorry im not quite myself yet so I didn't even remember that. I was in the hospital over the weekend for an emergency surgery, came home Monday evening because the insurance dictated my care and the hospital couldn't keep me, was back in the ER yesterday morning and came home last night. On top of that i just couldn't sleep last night and that makes this the 3rd night out of the last 4 that I haven't been able to sleep because rest isn't something I've ever had at a hospital in my numerous visits there. Maybe I'll get it together soon.

Reactions: jfcav1
I expect Rustburg and Amherst to be a competitive tossup.

I expect JF will probably beat LCA by a couple of scores at least.

I expect that Heritage will do the the same against Liberty, but I really think Liberty will be awful pesky in the games they will likely lose against Heritage, Glass, Brookville, and JF.They could sneak up on somebody like a mountain lion on prey.

I expect Brookville and Glass to be a game you'll not want to miss If you live in the Lynchburg area. Brookville hasn't played anybody till they play Fri, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything imo. I expect Brookville to be 100% ready to go whenever they play this year. I think Glass will be the same way. DON'T MISS THIS GAME IF YOU LIVE ANYWHERE NEAR LYNCHBURG, UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO YOUR TEAM'S GAME, OR YOU ARE HAVING A SERIOUS FAMILY ISSUE LIKE SOMEBODY'S UNFORTUNATELY IN THE HOSPITAL OR WORSE! (Seriously I hope no one is having to deal with serious family emergencies) This game should be the GOW in the Lynchburg area and possibly turn out to be the best game in the district this year. (It could be a candidate for one of the best games in the state)

Brookville vs Glass was a VERY good game last year. It was 38-34 in favor of Brookville. I expect to be just as good this year. Definitely the game of the week in the Seminole, and most definitely a toss up.

Did Bville lose North for the season to injury or will he be back? Glass's dline is better than Amherst's so it may be tough running for the Bees unless they can air it out which they can. JF will beat LCA by 3 scores, Amherst and Rburg is a toss up but I hear Rburg's defense is their calling card and Amherst hasn't done much on offense this year. Loser won't win a seminole game. I think the closest game will be between Heritage and Liberty.
Amherst is passing too much and getting interceptions. QB should be better next year

Lol I love this^^^ because so many “fans” say the same about JF on a down year but don’t make a peep when it’s a good year.

a few people did. One guy especially who is not even an Amherst fan and he knows who he is. The QB is very young and of course they changed the offense this year with the new coach who is no longer here. I think that affects a lot.

Reactions: catchtds
a few people did. One guy especially who is not even an Amherst fan and he knows who he is. The QB is very young and of course they changed the offense this year with the new coach who is no longer here. I think that affects a lot.
Makes sense, why didn't they go back to what they ran last year? They had a 2000 yard back, I doubt he would've been that this year with them losing a lot of the o-line but still?!

Reactions: mike salem
Makes sense, why didn't they go back to what they ran last year? They had a 2000 yard back, I doubt he would've been that this year with them losing a lot of the o-line but still?!
I have no idea. But people are saying that is what some of the problem is and I agree

Amherst is passing too much and getting interceptions. QB should be better next year
I would say the same could be said for Rustburg. Two pick- sixes costs them last week. Devils have improved defensively and have skill players but qb play is an issue. I fully expect Amherst to gain some confidence this week.

I would say the same could be said for Rustburg. Two pick- sixes costs them last week. Devils have improved defensively and have skill players but qb play is an issue. I fully expect Amherst to gain some confidence this week.
Amherst actually has good defense, scores might not indicate it. The interceptions cost them several scores in those games. I know several Brookville fans and they were impressed with the defense.

Lol I love this^^^ because so many “fans” say the same about JF on a down year but don’t make a peep when it’s a good year.
Well the year isn't done yet. I still need to see JF play a couple of the big games on the Seminole slate before I draw any conclusions on the GW game. The game was hyped up and it definitely was a good game deserving of hype, but we really don't know (or maybe I should say i don't know) if JF is going to be a state contender yet because they've only played one good game with a potential state contender in GW. (They have also only played one good game against a potential state contender in JF) im not attempting to throw shade on anyone here. They could both be state contenders, maybe only 1 is, maybe neither, I just don't know yet. We will definitely find out with JF soon and with GW when the playoffs start. Magna Vista hasn't shown itself to be good yet. They could be, but they have to figure that QB situation out like yesterday. I think the Warriors faithful would wholeheartedly agree with what we've seen thus far.

Reactions: 95mv
Good deal, I thought everyone wanted Amherst to throw the ball.?
Without last year's line they may not be able to run.like they hoped against many teams on their schedule. Last minute coaching changes didn't do them any favors. Wikki is saying they're turning the ball over too much via the air and I saw fumbling was an issue too on a different post. You just can't have turnovers period usually. They generally cost you a game(s).

Last edited:
Reactions: wikki
Well the year isn't done yet. I still need to see JF play a couple of the big games on the Seminole slate before I draw any conclusions on the GW game. The game was hyped up and it definitely was a good game deserving of hype, but we really don't know (or maybe I should say i don't know) if JF is going to be a state contender yet because they've only played one good game with a potential state contender in GW. (They have also only played one good game against a potential state contender in JF) im not attempting to throw shade on anyone here. They could both be state contenders, maybe only 1 is, maybe neither, I just don't know yet. We will definitely find out with JF soon and with GW when the playoffs start. Magna Vista hasn't shown itself to be good yet. They could be, but they have to figure that QB situation out like yesterday. I think the Warriors faithful would wholeheartedly agree with what we've seen thus far.
I agree with you. By a “good year” I’m referring to one that isn’t heading toward 2-8 with 3 losses by one point and 3 losses by a TD or less. That’s when the JF “fans” were coming out with their expert opinions about how we don’t pass enough

Without last year's line they may not be able to run.like they hoped against many teams on their schedule. Last minute coaching changes didn't do them any favors. Wikki is saying they're turning the ball over too much via the air and I saw fumbling was an issue too on a different post. You just can't have turnovers period usually. They generally cost you a game(s).
That’s also true, the entire line graduated and with everything that happened, we all knew it would be a challenging year. They defense is actually good. Next year will be a lot better

That’s also true, the entire line graduated and with everything that happened, we all knew it would be a challenging year. They defense is actually good. Next year will be a lot better
I hope you're right but Coach Crews didn't apply for the job originally and only accept the job on an interim basis? So they will likely have a new head coach again next year. Right?

I hope you're right but Coach Crews didn't apply for the job originally and only accept the job on an interim basis? So they will likely have a new head coach again next year. Right?
True, he stepped up to the plate. Coach Crews is a great guy and the players love him. No one can judge his progress this year because of what he was handed.

Amherst fans complain about the offense last year with our 4 plays..But those 4 plays got us about 30 every Friday night.I told everyone be careful what you wish for,cause things can get worst.All 3 teams at the High School is getting beat with ease.You telling me its the offense?You telling me its a lack of talent?When the Coaches stop talking about each other and players stop fighting maybe we can move on and rebuild our program.

Reactions: catchtds
Amherst fans complain about the offense last year with our 4 plays..But those 4 plays got us about 30 every Friday night.I told everyone be careful what you wish for,cause things can get worst.All 3 teams at the High School is getting beat with ease.You telling me its the offense?You telling me its a lack of talent?When the Coaches stop talking about each other and players stop fighting maybe we can move on and rebuild our program.
You can post about Amherst all you want but it can't be potentially bait right now

You can post about Amherst all you want but it can't be potentially bait right now
I agree that wasn’t necessary at all. Coach Crews and Coach Adams are doing everything they can positive for his team. I heard their speeches to the players and the parents and fans like what they are doing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT