ADVERTISEMENT

Shenandoah District-First Games of 2017

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
Power outage at my office today so had to head home early. Therefore this message is probably arriving so late you will know the results before you even see this, but anyway, here is a quick overview of tonight's action:

Page at Riverheads: In the past, Page has been able to handle RHS, mainly due to their overall quickness, intensity and teamwork. And of course having the fired-up Mike on the sidelines was the reason for a lot of that. But as I have been reporting in other threads this season, the Gladiators have gotten a surprising lift from a trio of freshmen, and they have come along far enough that they just might be able to give the Panthers a run for their money tonight. I won't go so far as to predict a Riverheads win, but if it were to happen, I would not be the most shocked person on the planet.

Luray at Buffalo Gap: Wow, talk about your toss-ups! Both are struggling and this game will give one of them a big confidence boost. Luray may still be searching for that first win (didn't have time to look and see) and I don't think Gap has more than two wins, if that. Playing at home, you gotta go with the Bison, but it should be close, regardless of who wins.

Wilson at Stuarts Draft: Another toss-up. SD's brand of offense usually means that they win if the shots are falling but they lose if they are not. Not only that but these two teams have an uncanny knack for winning on one another's court. On paper, the Cougars sound better, but I will not be surprised at all to hear of a Wilson win in this one.

East Rock v. Stonewall: Not mentioned in the paper and again I did not have time to look it up, but regardless of where it is played, the Eagles should come out comfortably on top.

Tomorrow night, Riverheads travels to Stuarts Draft in a make-up game caused by football delays. At least with each one playing tonight, it will even up the playing field. Same comments as above will apply..........SD should be favored, especially playing at home, but if their shots don't fall and/or if RHS quickness can match theirs, then the Big Red could quite possibly win this one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT