ADVERTISEMENT

Shenandoah Games-First Half of the Week

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
We are supposed to be at the usual Tuesday/Friday part of the schedule now, but there is still some make-up action, especially games involving Wilson. And of course with snow in the forecast, we could end up making up some of our make-ups. But just to start the ball rolling, here is the slate for Monday-Wednesday:

Waynesboro at Stuarts Draft (Mon.): Although not a district game, worth mentioning anyway. Waynesboro won by 10 at home last week, so SD probably takes this one by about that same margin.

Stonewall Jackson at Wilson (Mon.): These two haven't played each other at all yet for one reason or another. It won't make any difference when and where they do. If this one gets played, the Hornets win by 22.

REGULAR FOUR-GAME TUESDAY SLATE:

Buffalo Gap at Luray: No reason to expect this one to be close. Dogs by 18.

Riverheads at Page: This one could be a better game than it looks on paper. They are tied in the loss column, but Page won by about 17 the first time. If RHS gets off to a good start in this one, hits their shots, and maintains some confidence, this could actually be a good game. Gladiators pulled a surprise on the road at Wilson, so why not here?

Stuarts Draft at Wilson: Both may have played the night before (weather?) and if so, I give the advantage to Wilson because SD would have a tougher game with Waynesboro than Wilson would with Stonewall. Wilson also won by 16 at the Draft the first time, which would also make them the favorite. These two often swap road wins, but I will still go with the Hornets for the season sweep. Wilson by 8.

East Rock at Stonewall: This was a 40-point game the first time. Maybe only 30 this time.

On Wednesday the only district game is a make-up with Riverheads traveling to East Rock. For the Gladiators this will mean back to back road trips on consecutive nights. Therefore I don't see how they could be expected to pick up a win here, even if they do give my predicted good effort against Page on Tuesday. RHS has never won on the Eagles' floor so it would be nice to see it happen, but it would be a big upset if it does. East Rock playing at Stonewall Tuesday would even up the playing field a tad, but not enough to make a difference. Secretly I hope the weather prevents this back-to-back action....after all, how much can these boys endure, and more importantly how much Log Cabin Bar-b-q can one old fat man handle?????????????

Nelson County also plays a non-district game at Buffalo Gap on Wednesday. The better-than-expected Governors have already swept Riverheads this year and also beat the Gap by 2 or 3 in Lovingston very early in the season. Just on a hunch I say the Gap squeezes out a 2 point win.

Page Co schools are closed on Tuesday as of right now. Not sure how that'll affect games tomorrow. If I'm not feeling better, I won't be announcing either way.

Keep us posted on the weather and game status up there. Down in Augusta, at least most of it, the snow didn't amount to much and isn't expected to either tonight or tomorrow either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT