ADVERTISEMENT

Smithfield 30 Warhill 27

Wow. Didn’t see that happening. Warhill in a tailspin. They looked great early. What’s going on?

I saw the full game. My take:
Warhill secondary does not cover that well and you can pass on them. Smithfield passed well all night. Warhill clogs the middle on traditional handoffs very well but susceptible to sweeps and the occasional traps up the middle. Tackeling on the edge was simply not good and a number of missed tackles. They rush the passer well but if the Qb can run you can really ding their defense. Smithfield could have scored another 3 Tds if not for turnovers and penalties. Smithfield was deep in Warhill territory all night.
On offense warhill scored three TDS. The fourth was a long pick 6 when the receiver was open but the pass way too late. The passing attack is average. Their running game is good but not consistent. The sweeps and counter dives are most of the plays. Smithfield was definitely the better team tonite and if not for the Warhill pick 6 and their last Td benefiting from 25 yards of penalties, two TDs would have been it. Holmes played mostly on defense and he is their star and very good. But on the sideline I saw him holding his hand on his left hip so I think he playing injuries and not full speed. Warhill never gave up and always give it their all. At the end they missed a tying 50 yard Fg.

Good call Lafayette...
If I was Wheeler...I would have run that inside trap all night. Smithfield had no answer for defending it. I sat in the stands wondering two things...why couldn't the Packer's staff adjust to it...and why didn't the Lions run it 30 times. I think Warhill completed...one, maybe two passes on a dozen attempts. A 55ish yard TD toss and the QB inexplicably missed two wide open receivers in the 2nd quarter...threw it between them, where neither had a chance to catch the ball. Warhill also had 3 fumbles in the first quarter. Can't win like that.
Noah Holmes is FUN to watch. And Christopher Gundy is going to be really fun to watch mature over the next two years for Smithfield...very explosive and dynamic.

Good call Lafayette...
If I was Wheeler...I would have run that inside trap all night. Smithfield had no answer for defending it. I sat in the stands wondering two things...why couldn't the Packer's staff adjust to it...and why didn't the Lions run it 30 times. I think Warhill completed...one, maybe two passes on a dozen attempts. A 55ish yard TD toss and the QB inexplicably missed two wide open receivers in the 2nd quarter...threw it between them, where neither had a chance to catch the ball. Warhill also had 3 fumbles in the first quarter. Can't win like that.
Noah Holmes is FUN to watch. And Christopher Gundy is going to be really fun to watch mature over the next two years for Smithfield...very explosive and dynamic.
Yes those fumbles were another bad sign for Warhill and that perfect pass right between two open receivers had me shocked. The Warhill TD pass was well defended, but the Smithfield DB mis timed his jump. I agree that inside trap worked well all night, I thought it would be shut down in the 2 Nd half but wasn’t!! If I knew you were there I would have sat on the Smithfield side with you. I saw enough stuff last night for a good game plan for our Warhill game on 10/23! Best to you and Smithfield rest of the way.

Good call Lafayette...
We play York tonite- you guys almost beat them - your thoughts on York??

We play York tonite- you guys almost beat them - your thoughts on York??
Just now seeing this... I didn't see the York game. Work has been interfering with "my time". And...on cue...I just got called in...unreal.
I was actually sitting on the Warhill side. Under the press box. I have a neice and nephew that are members of Warhills band.

Just now seeing this... I didn't see the York game. Work has been interfering with "my time". And...on cue...I just got called in...unreal.
I was actually sitting on the Warhill side. Under the press box. I have a neice and nephew that are members of Warhills band.
Excellent band. It looks like we didn’t need too much insight on York. 45 points in the first half. Subs went in late 3 rd Q. 59 points even with over 100 yards in penalties, again. Silliest play of the night:
Lafayette’s 2nd stringers on the Lafayette 20 yard line, late in 4th Q and it is 4th down and 30 yards to go. Does Lafayette just punt the ball. Nope, run the play and lose a few more yards. York now on Lafayette 12 yard line. Next play- TD for York. 59-14. Did Lafayette’s HC Linn feel sorry for York and wanted to give them a TD? Sure looked that way. Very weird!!

Excellent band. It looks like we didn’t need too much insight on York. 45 points in the first half. Subs went in late 3 rd Q. 59 points even with over 100 yards in penalties, again. Silliest play of the night:
Lafayette’s 2nd stringers on the Lafayette 20 yard line, late in 4th Q and it is 4th down and 30 yards to go. Does Lafayette just punt the ball. Nope, run the play and lose a few more yards. York now on Lafayette 12 yard line. Next play- TD for York. 59-14. Did Lafayette’s HC Linn feel sorry for York and wanted to give them a TD? Sure looked that way. Very weird!!
Excellent band??? Oh brother, now you sound just like Clarkefan. Take him to a game with two 9-0 teams and he can give you a break down on both bands!

Just kidding guys. But Clarkefan does joke about it all the time. (His daughter was in the band). He insist that the band only invites the football team so there will be a halftime.

Before somebody doesn't realize I'm just kidding, I have as much respect for the band and cheerleaders as I do for the football team. All of the kids dedicate a tremendous amount of time to their respective activities. I'm proud of all of them.

Excellent band??? Oh brother, now you sound just like Clarkefan. Take him to a game with two 9-0 teams and he can give you a break down on both bands!

Just kidding guys. But Clarkefan does joke about it all the time. (His daughter was in the band). He insist that the band only invites the football team so there will be a halftime.

Before somebody doesn't realize I'm just kidding, I have as much respect for the band and cheerleaders as I do for the football team. All of the kids dedicate a tremendous amount of time to their respective activities. I'm proud of all of them.

There's a band and cheerleaders at football games? Lol

I knew there were cheerleaders when I was in school because of GF being one, but I thought they did away with that haha only kidding

I will give a shot out to the Thomas Dale band. We played them two weeks ago and they looked really good.

Gunz, have you noticed that the cheerleaders look about 10 years old to us now? But come to think of it, almost everybody looks young to me these days. Why is that?

I will give a shot out to the Thomas Dale band. We played them two weeks ago and they looked really good.

Gunz, have you noticed that the cheerleaders look about 10 years old to us now? But come to think of it, almost everybody looks young to me these days. Why is that?

Well I am slightly younger than you.

Maybe it's the godfather in me, and she doesn't cheer anymore, but I see girls looking older these days and then I see her as a little girl too lol

When I see girls cheering that are the daughters of the girls I watched cheering what seems like yesterday, that's when I know I'm old.

My secretary is 25. The account was in the office last week and she asked her if she had a "tablet" she could borrow. My secretary asked if she could borrow my iPad for the account. When she gave it to her, the account busted out laughing, and said a tablet, you know, to write on, like a legal pad. My poor secretary had no idea what she was talking about.

When I see girls cheering that are the daughters of the girls I watched cheering what seems like yesterday, that's when I know I'm old.

My secretary is 25. The account was in the office last week and she asked her if she had a "tablet" she could borrow. My secretary asked if she could borrow my iPad for the account. When she gave it to her, the account busted out laughing, and said a tablet, you know, to write on, like a legal pad. My poor secretary had no idea what she was talking about.

Haha, not that is funny

As a tiny bit of perspective...Clarke County Marching Band brought home the 1st place hardware Saturday night at Sanford Wanner Stadium. Warhill hosted a battle of the bands. Unfortunately, I was a late arrival but from what I gather they put on a tremendous show for their class. So Clarkefan may have a bit of a reason to crow... jussayin'

It must be the season. I saw somewhere that a similar thing was being held at Thomas Dale as a fund raiser.

Reactions: gwb16
I kind of miss old Shauntclair. Nothing got him going quicker than talking about how nice it was to have the bands, or that cheerleaders were athletes.

Did not know about Clarke's band taking home the hardware. Haven't met up with my neighbor who's daughter is in the color guard to talk about how things are going. I will say that the past 7 years, our color guard is nearly flawless. The lady they have running that program is the BEST!! Thanks for the shout out about the band kids. Having worked band camp when my daughter was involved, I know those kids should be called athletes as well. I was exhausted just watching them. They are just as dedicated as any other athlete. Love my band kids!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT