ADVERTISEMENT

So pending any transfers or other changes, who looks good for next season?

I thank hopewell returns 8 on o and 7 on d with a lot of freshmen and soph 3 freshmen started 4 or 5 soph also started.

Well Phoebus won't be in this discussion in 2018. From my understanding they're moving back up to Div 4. If that's true I can say that I've learned a great deal about many schools in Div 3. My perception never changed because I remember some of the tough teams in this division long before Phoebus was moved down. Poquoson used to be perennial power every year along with Lafayette. I used to hear about the Gretnas, Magna Vistas. James Monroes, The G-Men (Richlands, I believe but I'm not for sure which school), Monticellos and many others. So I knew Div 3 were tougher than many of the other higher classes thought.

Reactions: gwb16
phoebus moving up 2 4a would be tougher I think 3a east has about 2 or three teams that are very good every year Hopewell, jm , i.c nor and may b York.

3a West 2018
1. LB
2. Brookville
3. Northside
4. MV
5. Rustburg?
6. Monticello?
7. Abingdon?
8. Heritage?
Is LB qb returning?
Put ? Mark on teams cause I have no clue what they’re returning, the top 4 are usually there.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
Brookville is only losing about 6 starters. They do have to replace Benard at QB but they have alot of key returners on both side of the ball.
QB is always the toughest position to replace and the most important piece to the puzzle. Especially in the spread offense. It will be interesting to see how much Brookville throws the ball. They have a talented receiving corp coming back but, how will they get the ball to them? Or do they become mainly a run team?

3a West 2018
1. LB
2. Brookville
3. Northside
4. MV
5. Rustburg?
6. Monticello?
7. Abingdon?
8. Heritage?
Is LB qb returning?
Put ? Mark on teams cause I have no clue what they’re returning, the top 4 are usually there.
Heritage has 7 back on D I believe and 6 back on O. They will be better than every team on that list with the exception of maybe LB and MV. No, I am not a Heritage fan. Just someone that has seen all the other teams except Abingdon.

QB is always the toughest position to replace and the most important piece to the puzzle. Especially in the spread offense. It will be interesting to see how much Brookville throws the ball. They have a talented receiving corp coming back but, how will they get the ball to them? Or do they become mainly a run team?
I saw Mann come in twice in one game while Bernard was hurt, I believe it was the first heritage game. Both times they dialed up a pass play that was completed. The first one was a 20 plus yarder out of his own endzone. It will be interesting to see if they go with Mann at QB. He is gonna be a senior and is a talented wideout or if they go with Glinski and leave Mann at receiver. Either way i feel like Brookville will have the one of the most talented receiving core in the seminole next year so there is no reason to change the offense much from what they ran this year. Time will tell.

Doesn't Brookville always have a good Quarterback? When was the last time they didn't have an effective Qb?
I don't know the last time they didn't have a good quarterback, but it's been a while for sure. Logan Thomas and Kendall Becraft are all timers at the school. Bernard just set the single season yardage record for the school. Thats the majority of the past decade for the bees at quarterback. I have no doubt the next man up will Excell.

I don't know the last time they didn't have a good quarterback, but it's been a while for sure. Logan Thomas and Kendall Becraft are all timers at the school. Bernard just set the single season yardage record for the school. Thats the majority of the past decade for the bees at quarterback. I have no doubt the next man up will Excell.

Those are my thoughts. The young quarterbacks there always have someone to look up to. With the continuity of quarterback play there, I think that they will always have a good quarterback. What will their offensive line look like though?

Doesn't Brookville always have a good Quarterback? When was the last time they didn't have an effective Qb?
@lyhsports and @Timberlake1985 You would probably have to go back to Woody's first year as a head coach. I believe Jamar Lovelace was the QB then. He was probably the last bad QB that Brookville had.

@lyhsports and @Timberlake1985 You would probably have to go back to Woody's first year as a head coach. I believe Jamar Lovelace was the QB then. He was probably the last bad QB that Brookville had.

To be honest lovelace was a good qb, definition of a Swiss Army knife, all region db most importantly. Played rb, qb, wr, de, olb, ss, and cb. Could have played guard, tackle, center, and dline. Helped Turn the bville program around as a player and arguably as an assistant coach. he was a lot like dreSean kendrick. Started at hsc on d for a couple years during their run at consecutive ODAC championships.

To be honest lovelace was a good qb, definition of a Swiss Army knife, all region db most importantly. Played rb, qb, wr, de, olb, ss, and cb. Could have played guard, tackle, center, and dline. Helped Turn the bville program around as a player and arguably as an assistant coach. he was a lot like dreSean kendrick. Started at hsc on d for a couple years during their run at consecutive ODAC championships.
I would agree that Lovelace was not a "bad" qb. I also have a feeling that vol nation was trying to be funny. Might even know Lovelace personally. Maybe a little friendly jab. Either way Lovelace was far from "bad".

They will be fine, the jv kid is 6'3 baseball play lead jv team to 8-2, which have been there record the last 3-years..Word on the street afew Rustburg kids will transfer wouldn't be surprised the see the Blake Kids come over and throw the bombs.. I wouldn't sleep on them. There line will be bigger then last year. Good luck to them.. And all the other Seminole teams..

Those are my thoughts. The young quarterbacks there always have someone to look up to. With the continuity of quarterback play there, I think that they will always have a good quarterback. What will their offensive line look like though?

They will actually have an offensive line and defense line without going both ways, from what I hear.. There jv line was big.. Especially the defense..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT