ADVERTISEMENT

Spotswood Vs. R.E.Lee...Friday night.

leemen

VaPreps All District
Feb 12, 2004
Thoughts on this one? Spotswood is good and will contend for a title in 3A as usual. Coach Edwards does a great job with them. Lee is 3-0 and has one of if not the best player in the state in 2A Darius George. At 6'6-6'7 he can flat out play. As well....as jump out of the gym. Lee is also developing another player with size in Dontell Kelly...who is a favorite of KeithStone(a poster here). Lee also has experience and size and seem like a typical Lee team so far. I think Lee can actually win this one. Regardless it will be a good game and measuring stick for both teams.

I have no doubt by tourney time Lee will be a solid contender for the 2A final four. They will have improving to do as the season goes on. I think this game can really be a glimpse as to how good Lee can be.

If you're looking for an interesting game to see Friday night...this will be one to check out.

Thanks for calling attention to such a big game. For some reason, our local paper has not yet started giving basketball its usual attention. I assumed that would change once the football championships finished last weekend, but so far no sign of it. There are teams that did not advance far in football that have already played five or six games but those games were either not covered at all or else there was limited coverage AFTER the game was played, as opposed to promoting it in advance.

You're welcome. I agree the coverage has been lacking somewhat in the basketball area this season. I always enjoy your postings about Riverheads basketball. Speaking of the Gladiators...how do you seem them and the Shenandoah District this season?

This is probably the year that I will attend the first game (tomorrow night at Parry McCluer) knowing the absolute LEAST I have ever known about our team. If anybody knows anything, they aren't telling, but that could simply be because football lasted its absolute longest and maybe nobody has ANY idea what to expect.

If I were to base my expectations on what I remember from last year, I would have to honestly say we could have our work cut out for us this year. We lost a couple of hustlers in Graham Cash and Zach Roberts, who could also shoot the three pretty well, and we also lost some size inside.

There have been rumors about a transfer or two, but again, if there is anything real to it, I have not heard it. So I expect a small but maybe quick team that can shoot well in streaks. But if there is going to be a strong inside game this year, I don't know where it will come from.

As I said on another thread a while back, I think the strength in the Shenandoah this year will be "up north." I am not overly optimistic about any of the Augusta schools being able to challenge Page, Luray or East Rock this season. Of course I certainly HOPE that I am wrong!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT