ADVERTISEMENT

Springers vs Warriors

springer76

VaPreps All District
Nov 21, 2008
Highland Springs, VA
Who've you got in this one? I think they both have evenly matched defenses, but The Springers have too many offensive weapons for them to contain.
Springers take this one 28-14.

I agree. The last two weeks have shown me that Henrico is vulnerable. Coming off the one point loss over an unusually weak Varina could leave them questioning themselves. Especially on the heals of the squeaker over Hanover. But, this is offset a little by being at home.

I think the HS defense is better against the run, and definitely have a potentially more potent offense.

My guess, 35-17, the Springers

I've seen where folks elswhere question hs's defense because LD put up 19. Starting Springer drive of the 3rd qtr, went up 34-7. Coach pulled all starters and had subs in the rest until LD scored twice. He put the starters back and finished them off. It could have been much more one sided.

Springers beat the Warriors 18-6

in a hard fought defensive battle!! Way to go Springers 8-0 baby!!
Henrico had numerous chances to score in the first half but couldn't get it done. They had terrific field possession because we were backed up in our own end having to punt and they had the ball in the red zone 3 times and couldn't score. Twice turning the ball over on downs and once was a fumble recovery for HS.
HS Scored 1st on an approx. 60 yard td run by DJ Anderson (score 7-0 1st qtr.). Henrico scored later on and went for 2 and faild. (score 7-6).
3rd qtr. HS struck again on a (approx) 40 yard td pass to Greg Dorch and extra point blocked making the score 13-6. HS's ensuing kickoff landed at the Henrico 1. They went 3 and out and had to punt from their end zone and it went over the punters head.... safety. Score 15-6
HS then moved the ball down inside the 10 yard down and wound up kicking a field goal making the score 18-6. Trading the ball several times, the Springers were able to maintain the ball for the last several minutes and ran the clock to secure the win.
HS recovered 3 or 4 Henrico fumbles and 1 interseption. HS was intercepted several times too.

This post was edited on 10/25 7:21 PM by springer76

This post was edited on 10/25 9:49 PM by springer76

Must not have seen the same game. Never pulled all the starters. Not even close. Pulled the starting QB and 2 lineman. Kept all the defensive starters in and the QB and lineman returned after Lee Davis scored their 1st TD in the second half, against the defensive starters. Highland Springs will not get out of the region.

Maybe you should have put your "very old" eye glasses on! He pulled all of the starting backfield and most of the linemen on offense and defense. He put them back in after they scored the second time. He was playing safe, very safe! Too safe for my taste to be honest. That game could have been much worse than 34-19!
As far as getting out of the Region? Only God knows that outcome! Are you God?
confused0024.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 10/27 5:31 PM by springer76

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT