ADVERTISEMENT

Star players In Class 4 next year

Chauncey Logan "Deuce" S/WR (All Purpose ATH)

I don't want to hog the thread, but I also like Shawn Collins S/WR, Jayden McDonald CB/WR, Jorden McDonald CB/WR, KyJuan Waller DE, (TE poss) Cameron Leftwich FB/DE, Jamien Lingenfelter RB/CB, Hunter Chaney QB, (LB if needed) Cameron Martindale DT/T, Stacy Williams DT/T. I really believe all of these guys can play at the next level,, some D1

Salem has quite of few players that will play Division 1 football in the next 2-3 years. I love the Wood and Leftwich kids. The Wood kid is going to be the best player in Region D IMO. Danville has two juniors that will be very good in MLB Ahmad Poole and ATH Shyheim Watlington. I believe Ahmad will make a huge jump this year. RB Willie Edmunds has 4 D1 offers and should have a big year with Wesley Graves graduating. Will be a down year in Region D. Salem will run the table again but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Pulaski give them a run!

Glass had a good run the last 2 years and although they lose some excellent players I don't think the cupboard will be bare.

I'm not sure what Pulaski returns to replace those defensive studs, but they play tough ball.

GW always has a lot of good players and if the Byrne's kid plays QB like his brother then they could be formidable.

Blacksburg had a lot of good players come through the ranks the last 3 years and it seems like they're building a good base. If they can replace those good players with fresh faces then they will be in the upper half of Reg D.

I'm not sure what Halifax returns, but I expect they'll be around mid pack. I think if they want to compete in the Reg they really need to buy in. Commitment

Jefferson Forest rumors have been bouncing around during the off-season. If they're true then it will be an uphill fight.

Amherst was not a good team last year. I did see a few bright spots led by Rose. Hopefully Coach Christmas can get more guys to come out and rebuild that program.

Salem surprised some by winning the Reg over Glass last year. They return a lot from a good team and will just need to put those puzzle pieces together. The picture is a lot more clear than normal to start the season.

Star players in class 4: begins with Malik Newton from Lake Taylor kid is a do it all player on both sides. I'm sure there are some others but he's probably the top player in class 4.
I agree. I would also throw in QB Jeff Foster and WR Darius Speight. Those are the Big 3 for LT and were huge in the championship game last year.

3 teams that will have some clutch players to recognize:
Jefferson forest - you all underestimate the power that is returning. They have been in the system for many years.
Amherst - they had very few senior and even fewer that contributed to the team. They will be. Force to be reckoned with.
Salem - the obvious choice, and above the others... they only reload and have athletes every single year.

Halifax has a trio of d-lineman that are pretty darn good. Rising senior Tucker Harris is 6'4, 245 and I believe was 1st team District and possibly Region honors too. Zack Carter is a rising junior and plays the other DE. I believe he is around 6'2/6'3 and weighs around 230. I can't recall the NT name, but he's probably 6'0/6'1 and weighs about 315. Think he's going to be senior. Other than those 3, they'll be very young and inexperienced.

Halifax has a trio of d-lineman that are pretty darn good. Rising senior Tucker Harris is 6'4, 245 and I believe was 1st team District and possibly Region honors too. Zack Carter is a rising junior and plays the other DE. I believe he is around 6'2/6'3 and weighs around 230. I can't recall the NT name, but he's probably 6'0/6'1 and weighs about 315. Think he's going to be senior. Other than those 3, they'll be very young and inexperienced.
Halifax had a good JV team and they always have athletes. What hurts them is depth and line play, same with GW. The Piedmont won’t be very good next year. I think GW, Halifax, and Bassett will be the top dogs. GW has some good pieces but they digress every year on the offensive side of the ball. When you have 5-6 athletes, you gotta change it up.. They’ve had the Pooles (Liberty), Graves (NC A&T), Shawn Watlington (5 D1 offers; will sign soon), and Willie Edmunds (4 D1 offers) and have yet to make it to the Regional Championship in the past 3 years.

Chauncey Logan "Deuce" S/WR (All Purpose ATH)

I don't want to hog the thread, but I also like Shawn Collins S/WR, Jayden McDonald CB/WR, Jorden McDonald CB/
3 teams that will have some clutch players to recognize:
Jefferson forest - you all underestimate the power that is returning. They have been in the system for many years.
Amherst - they had very few senior and even fewer that contributed to the team. They will be. Force to be reckoned with.
Salem - the obvious choice, and above the others... they only reload and have athletes every single year.
You’re right about JF. There are rumors of players leaving, but they have young talent that has been hiding behind the senior talent.

From the Glass side of things, I’m expecting a lot out of a few guys:

Markevus Graves-Franklin - Sophomore who garnered 2nd team Region 4D honors. He was the leading receiver in terms of yards, and was the 3rd leading tackler on the team. Kid is a football player that can play multiple positions(RB, Linebacker, Safety,Slot)

Marquise Woodruff - had some nice catches versus Salem in the Region Championship. Looks like he grew up at the end of the reg season, and in that game. Tall receiver, lockdown corner.

Kyjuan Brown- been playing corner on varsity since Sophomore year. Lead the team in interceptions. Had 2 picks in the Region Championship. Returns punts and kickoffs as well.

D-Moe Mosley- Leading receiver in terms of receptions and receiving touchdowns.Tall receiver.

Quatarius Foster- great athlete that plays multiple positions. Should be a big part of the secondary this year.

Carrington Harvey - only returning offensive lineman. About 6’5” 300. He’ll have to step up and lead.

Not sure if there will be any stars or Player of the Year Candidates, but those are some names to look out for.

A lot of youth at Glass, but very talented. I’m really excited about Lyvarius Gilbert as well.

Last edited:
From the Glass side of things, I’m expecting a lot out of a few guys:

Markevus Graves-Franklin - Sophomore who garnered 2nd team Region 4D honors. He was the leading receiver in terms of yards, and was the 3rd leading tackler on the team. Kid is a football player that can play multiple positions(RB, Linebacker, Safety,Slot)

Marquise Woodruff - had some nice catches versus Salem in the Region Championship. Looks like he grew up at the end of the reg season, and in that game. Tall receiver, lockdown corner.

Kyjuan Brown- been playing corner on varsity since Sophomore year. Lead the team in interceptions. Had 2 picks in the Region Championship. Returns punts and kickoffs as well.

D-Moe Mosley- Leading receiver in terms of receptions and receiving touchdowns.Tall receiver.

Quatarius Foster- great athlete that plays multiple positions. Should be a big part of the secondary this year.

Carrington Harvey - only returning offensive lineman. About 6’5” 300. He’ll have to step up and lead.

Not sure if there will be any stars or Player of the Year Candidates, but those are some names to look out for.

A lot of youth at Glass, but very talented. I’m really excited about Lyvarius Gilbert as well.
I’m excited to see George White myself. He and Byrnes at GW will be fun to watch these next few years. I believe White will mirror Kendall Becraft in a lot of ways!

I’m excited to see George White myself. He and Byrnes at GW will be fun to watch these next few years. I believe White will mirror Kendall Becraft in a lot of ways!

Oh yeah. There's a lot of excitement around Glass about George at QB. Not ready to anoint him Becraft status yet, but He's going to be pretty good by the end of this year. We'll see after the first few snaps. He's been around the Glass program for a while, and he seems like the QB coach Woody wants. Hes got 3 years! Can't wait to see the offense with White at the Helm.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Gilbert get some snaps at QB as well, and Glass continue to run the option. Gilbert is very athletic and you could compare his pure athleticism with a young DreSean Kendrick. Just taller.

Reactions: VolNation85
From GW-Danville the player to watch this year will be Willie Edmunds. I don't know what all the offers he has are but I know he has one from Hampton. He's the cousin to NFL players Tremaine, Terrell, and Trey Edmunds. He's a 3 Star ranked by Rivals and I'm sure if he announced his offers on twitter or something then his rating would go up.

From GW-Danville the player to watch this year will be Willie Edmunds. I don't know what all the offers he has are but I know he has one from Hampton. He's the cousin to NFL players Tremaine, Terrell, and Trey Edmunds. He's a 3 Star ranked by Rivals and I'm sure if he announced his offers on twitter or something then his rating would go up.

As good as he is, he doesn’t get the carries he should.

I agree that Lake Taylor is going to be the favorite and Salem will be right there with them with all they have coming back. I thought both staffs did a tremendous job last year but, that is nothing new there. Tuscarora returns Bryce Duke, Matei Fitz, Rainer Halveland, and Ryan Upp who will garner the lion share of attention for the Huskies. Will be interesting to see how the other usual suspects such as GW, Sherando, Eastern View and Louisa fair and how Glass, Churchland and Patrick Henry progress. I saw a quote on Twitter that couldn’t be more true: “2020 will indeed define the saying character is who you are when no one else is watching”. In the meantime I wish you all health, good books and good podcasts to help you pass the time.

He will this year with the departure of Wesley Graves. It'll be interesting to see what GW does on the offense side this year as they have lots of options.
They will but will they use them is the question?? GW will have one of the fastest teams in ALL of 4A next year but since our nice run in 2014, we’ve underachieved every year. I feel like 2018 and 2015 are prime examples of my statement. Both teams were absolutely loaded! Would love to be optimistic this year but it gets tiring getting let down every year! I hope I’m wrong.

No school, so not much accountability. This year will be interesting for the returning players. You’re gonna know whether they wanted it or not by whether the worked out over the spring and summer.
Yepppp. Sucks for A LOT of kids cause many may not have access to weights or facilities. If the ban is lifted by May 15 and teams get all of June and July to condition as a team, I think we’ll have a normal football season.. Later than that, some teams WILL be in trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: lyhsports
Heard JF goes to 3 after the next school year.

GW will be even faster than normal.
Had some solid pieces on JV. If you break down the talent on the roster, they are up there with Salem in terms of returnees and talent. Lost a lot of talent this past year with Graves, Watlington, Williamson and 4 senior OL that avg’ed out at 6’3 260 across the board and couldn’t get over the hump against a Salem team that returns everyone this season. Dinwiddie will be their strongest opponent (my #3 team in 4A led by LT and Salem) come week one so we’ll see how the Eagles stack up.

Who are you guys top players in Class 4 in 2020. Tell us why, and drop some hudl highlights! Time to start talking about football again!
Battlefield has a handful:
Raq Lawson the speedy back from Eastern View. He had a solid year last year I think will only be a junior.
Charles Mutter QB & Javon Campbell RB from King George. Campbell has been good the past 2 seasons. Mutter came on strong towards the end of the year. Think both have offers
Tyshaun Colbert RB & Mathias Barnwell TE Spotsylvania. Colbert has been one of the best players in the area since he got there. Barnwell is a national recruit already and only a sophomore. Both have offers
Trevin Edwards Chancellor QB. Had a really good year last year can run it or throw it.
Courtland I believe the MLB Monroe is back. He’s a stud.

Heard JF goes to 3 after the next school year.

GW will be even faster than normal.
I just happened to be checking the ADM's from 2018 and JF was at 1368 with the cutoff for C4 around 1130. Do you think they will lose ~240 from enrollment to drop them down? JF is the 2nd largest in enrollment of the 8 schools in Reg 4D. Amherst was much closer to the cutoff (about 1160) of the teams from our area.

Chances are, probably not. Generally (not always) speaking you gain as many new freshmen if not slightly more as the seniors you lost the year before. But if other sports start following our whole football team to LCA then maybe haha

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
How many does Pulaski return this year? They’ll be Salem’s only competition IMO in Region D. I know the QB, RB and the 6’5 ATH all return.

I'm going to say Malik Newton aka Jim Brown is the where the conversation should start. He's around 400 yards of so from being the all time leading rusher in the area and hopefully he has the opportunity to break it. Very humble kid, and the crazy thing is if you think he's good at football catch him on the diamond. Just an exceptional athlete.

Last edited:
Their whole line comes back. If their offense can put up points, they'll be really good.

Therein lies the problem with PC. Couldn't score to save their lives last year and they lose most of that elite D. If they can't figure it out on O they'll be average without that D to prop them up.

Reactions: lyhsports
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT