ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship Region B Dinwiddie vs. Region C Kettle Run

Who wins and why?

• Dinwiddie 14-0

Votes: 46 82.1%
  • Kettle Run 14-0

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
Think you're misrepresenting "people" here, pretty sure most of us had Dinwiddie by a huge amount. I think the C1, C4, and C6 games were the biggest locks of the six games played today.
I think they were all locks.

Curious as to whether any middle aged Kettle Run fan (with a beard and glasses) tried to pick a fight with 16 year old Dinwiddie students after the game. Maybe that’s something that only happens when they win.

Reactions: OCBoy
Idk. Phoebus returns 8 starters on defense and 7 on offense. I sure hope they meet. They are 0-2 against Phoebus. Anxious to see what Dinwiddie can do against them.
Yes sir Phoebus has beaten us twice (2008 and 2010). Going to be fun next year. Both teams return a lot of talent. Got to make it to the semi finals to make it happen. Way too early to call that. A lot of good teams stand in the way. King George will be really good.

Yes sir Phoebus has beaten us twice (2008 and 2010). Going to be fun next year. Both teams return a lot of talent. Got to make it to the semi finals to make it happen. Way too early to call that. A lot of good teams stand in the way. King George will be really good.
King George moves to div 5.

Congratulations dinwiddie for bringing the championship back to the 804 along with highland springs. Every championship game today was a 20 + or more point win except Muray and highland springs game 14 point win by springers.
And Murray scored around the 4 min mark in 4th to make it 14

Reactions: edwinanderson2nd
Hello fellows just got home from the Burg! Great time. Liberty and the VHSL do things right. I must say I am proud of our team, coaches, support staff, and fans. Navy Nation showed up and put an excellent product on and off the field.

I don't think there are many actual Kettle Run fans on the board, but if there are you should be proud of your young men. Unfortunately, they ran into a very well oiled machine today. The Generals did what they do with a few twist. Nothing fancy, we just took what the Cougars gave us and executed. The Dinwiddie pass defense struggled a bit with crossing or rub routes, but sorted it out. The Cougars could not run the ball period. I have to say #9 Tapscott has great hands, runs solid routes and had more speed than I thought. He is a next level receiver. Other than Tapscott the Cougars really didn't possess any offensive weapons to put pressure on our defense. The quarterback was decent, but not as good as Ferguson from KG, Minton from Dale, or either of the Hanover guys.

To put things in perspective Dinwiddie came into the game averaging 50 points a game.
They ended the season averaging 51 points and broke the school with 761 points scored. Dalton rushed for 2,000 and passed for 1,900 with with 65 total touchdowns accounted for. The defense gave up 10.2 points a game and only allowed two running backs to eclipse 100 yards in rushing in a game all season long.

You can debate, argue, and say we didn't play anybody, but the last time I looked we be went 15-0. Wins over unbeaten 9-0 at the time Thomas Dale, unbeaten King George, once beaten Region A champion Warwick, and undefeated Region C champion Kettle Run. Nuff said! Go generals. See ya next year.

Says the Saturday through Friday troller, trolling why 4C is the greatest. Sometimes it’s better to just be silent and let things play out. This should be a humbling moment.
When did I say 4C was the greatest. I said B was. All I said was D was overrated and C underrated. My comment that Dinwiddie crushing Matoca and Hopewell didn’t prove Dinwiddie would crush KR was an opinion. I was wrong there, humbling, no. The gap between Dinwiddie/KG and KR was bigger than I thought I admit but your disrespectful behavior toward KR is ridiculous. Maybe you should stay silent after games and there might be more talk on these forums from Region C. . It’s not trolling boy it’s discussion.

Reactions: OCBoy
Didn’t I say earlier dinwiddie by +24 and people thought I was confused
I thought it was taking KR lightly but I was definitely wrong. Dinwiddie looked awesome. The tempo on offense made me exhausted watching KRs defense trying to keep up.
GW, Maury and North Stafford are Dinwiddie's ood games. Hopefully GW and NS come back strong
Congrats sir! What a team. The best 4A team IMO since I’ve been watching VA HS football (2017). It’s been a pleasure discussing football with you.

Reactions: Gen54 and 1Gensfan
Yea and Dinwiddie isn’t threatening to put 60 points on the board. It’s me, I’m getting carried away.

Kettle Run is going to give up 60 unless Dinwiddie kneels out or puts their JV in. Phoebus and Dinwiddie beat Heritage by the same score.
Dinwiddie was awesome as was Phoebus. The rest of Region B outside of King George you’re getting carried away.

When did I say 4C was the greatest. I said B was. All I said was D was overrated and C underrated. My comment that Dinwiddie crushing Matoca and Hopewell didn’t prove Dinwiddie would crush KR was an opinion. I was wrong there, humbling, no. The gap between Dinwiddie/KG and KR was bigger than I thought I admit but your disrespectful behavior toward KR is ridiculous. Maybe you should stay silent after games and there might be more talk on these forums from Region C. . It’s not trolling boy it’s discussion.

Kettle Run and 4C is weak! I could care less about anyone posting. I’ve been on here since 2001 that doesn’t phase me. I’d rather see less posting over arrogant trolling.

I thought it was taking KR lightly but I was definitely wrong. Dinwiddie looked awesome. The tempo on offense made me exhausted watching KRs defense trying to keep up.

Congrats sir! What a team. The best 4A team IMO since I’ve been watching VA HS football (2017). It’s been a pleasure discussing football with you.
@wolverinedad2018 I enjoyed the back and forth as well, but some of your comments lacked evidence and yes we're trolling in nature. Sarcastically saying that you didn't know "who" the 2018 Dinwiddie team was showed a ton of disrespect to our fans. Everyone on this site knows Dinwiddie and if you truly didn't know then you inserted a huge shoe in your mouth. Do we have the dynasty numbers like Salem? No, but ours ain't bad. State Champ 2013, 2022. Region Champ 2013, 2016, and 2022. Region finalist 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2022. Since realignment in 2013, the Generals have never lost in the first round of the playoffs and have an overall record of 107-19. That includes 5 undefeated regular seasons.

Just for the record, the 2018 team lost one regular season game to a Trevyon Henderson led Hopewell team 7-0 and beat defending state champion Salem in Salem. In the playoffs the Generals beat 8-2 Courtland, 8-2 Monacan, and lost to a very good Eastern View team in the regional final.

I rarely do this, but since Woodgrove is coming back down to class 4 you should evaluate the Wolverine numbers and start comparing them to the proven commodities in Class 4. Yes, the Wolverines won it all in 2018 and many of us had to eat crow. However, Woodgroves record since is 25-15 and they only have one playoff win. After seeing the numbers I hope you understand why the very knowledgeable posters on the Class 4 board gave you such a hard time.

Welcome back. Another titan in Phoebus has entered the fray as well and they are going to be very good next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: DinwiddieProud
@wolverinedad2018 I enjoyed the back and forth as well, but some of your comments lacked evidence and yes we're trolling in nature. Sarcastically saying that you didn't know "who" the 2018 Dinwiddie team was showed a ton of disrespect to our fans. Everyone on this site knows Dinwiddie and if you truly didn't know then you inserted a huge shoe in your mouth. Do we have the dynasty numbers like Salem? No, but ours ain't bad. State Champ 2013, 2022. Region Champ 2013, 2016, and 2022. Region finalist 2013, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2022. Since realignment in 2013, the Generals have never lost in the first round of the playoffs and have an overall record of 107-19. That includes 5 undefeated regular seasons.

Just for the record, the 2018 team lost one regular season game to a Trevyon Henderson led Hopewell team 7-0 and beat defending state champion Salem in Salem. In the playoffs the Generals beat 8-2 Courtland, 8-2 Monacan, and lost to a very good Eastern View team in the regional final.

I rarely do this, but since Woodgrove is coming back down to class 4 you should evaluate the Wolverine numbers and start comparing them to the proven commodities in Class 4. Yes, the Wolverines won it all in 2018 and many of us had to eat crow. However, Woodgroves record since is 25-15 and they only have one playoff win. After seeing the numbers I hope you understand why the very knowledgeable posters on the Class 4 board gave you such a hard time.

Welcome back. Another titan in Phoebus has entered the fray as well and they are going to be very good next season.
Let me apologize for the saying “not knowing the 2018 Dinwiddie team”. I let one of the after the game is played trolls get under my skin because he was misrepresenting what I said before the game. I regretted it right after I sent it. I knew very well who they were and respected them. The 2018 Dinwiddie team was very good losing in a close high scoring affair to a great undefeated Eastern View team I believe the score was 45-35. Woodgrove is not on par with the Dinwiddie program. It’s easy to see, watching them every year, how hard it is to post the success Dinwiddie has. I concede and wish Dinwiddie fans and all a Merry Christmas.

Wow what a show of offensive and defensive execution Dinwiddie displayed yesterday i was totally amazed. Missed tackles almost none, when the generals got a hand on someone they were going down, very impressive. I was leary while watching both teams on the field during warmups and doing the eye test at the size of the KR players they appeared to be very big young men compared to to the Generals. I even spoke to Dinwiddieproud about it and he agreed but seemed totally unfazed by it. He knew what his team had for them and almost chuckled. Dinwiddie had rock solid svhemes and used the talent of their players to the max what an awesome staff of coaches to be able to do that. Congrats to the Generals on winning the championship and thankyou for providing me a great learning experience at watching such a well oiled machine. I think the moment was too big for KR as they lacked playoff experience and were totally overwhelmed from the start but they did give it their all and fought to the end like champions as well.

My intent was not brag, admonish or be a tail to you. Most Dinwiddie posters respect every team and hopefully you see it that way. Keep posting hoss you made it fun.
I absolutely respect the Dinwiddie fans and talked with quite a few during halftime, nothing but great humble folks and not a single one wanted to say a negative word towards KR but only had praise for KR.

Also the pipeline from rec league middle school up to high school is awesome for alot of central district teams especially dinwiddie, kids are taught the system from early up the same high school system pretty much and youth league coaches are great instilling the system I know some youth league coaches in dinwiddie and hopewell are Chester and the tri cities they are dedicated because they came through the system also and giving back to the kids hats off to the coaches.

Pretty much the same score they beat the rest of Region B, aside from the Foxes. Dinwiddie was pretty awesome, even better than I thought. Congrats General fans hell of a team.
I feel bad for the Foxes. They would have won this game minus this one General dilemma. The Foxes, Dinwiddie and the Phantoms are even.

Reactions: FoxesPride
Dinwiddie was awesome as was Phoebus. The rest of Region B outside of King George you’re getting carried away.
Yes. The only benefit for Kettle Run is facing a program of the caliber of Dinwiddie. They must learn something from it & build on it. Another poster pointed out that Lake Taylor is the last team to beat Phoebus twice in a row. They have actually done that twice since 2012. LT’s program (between 2000-2022) experience gained through their coaching staff gives them the chance to have a success against Phoebus. Kettle Run must build on this loss in order to succeed in 3A. Get Bigger. Run Faster. Get Stronger. Simple. This loss can help them. Now about James Madison…

Reactions: wolverinedad2018
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT