3a dark horse liberty christian

2a title game ridgeview over thomas jefferson
2a sleeper appomattox
2a dark horse central wise

1a title game riverheads over galax
1a sleeper chilhowie
1a dark horse washington and lee

let me know what you think
Chilhowie---- no way. If there's a dark horse, it's in the east. Nobody in the west can touch Galax.

I'm not sure what you mean by dark horse or sleeper. I respect it, just not sure exactly what it means.

3A Pick-Phoebus over Lord Botetourt
2A Pick-Graham over Buckingham County
1A Pick-Galax over Riverheads

Teams that make it to region title or state semi final games that are closely as good to the region winners and that are good enough to win a state title......
1A- No team
2A- A bunch of them. Stuarts Draft, Appomattox, Union, Ridgeview
3A- Heritage

I don't know anything about Buckingham... what do they do/have that leads you to believe this?
Thomas Jefferson lost 46-40 to Amelia in 2OT. Buckingham went to Amelia and led them 37-0 at half. I know they say you can't compare teams based off how they played other teams but common opponents goes a long way in HS football. We are a big, fast powerful team with a pretty stout defense. Stuart's Draft and Buckingham would be a slugfest in the Regional B Title Game.

Thomas Jefferson lost 46-40 to Amelia in 2OT. Buckingham went to Amelia and led them 37-0 at half. I know they say you can't compare teams based off how they played other teams but common opponents goes a long way in HS football. We are a big, fast powerful team with a pretty stout defense. Stuart's Draft and Buckingham would be a slugfest in the Regional B Title Game.

Thanks for the enlightenment on Buckingham. I caution you not to overlook the Vikings though. As you say, you cannot truly compare teams. TJ has all the pieces to make a deep run and they are used to being doubted. The offense is loaded, the defense is not to be taken lightly despite the showing against Amelia. Whether they play on December 14th or not, this team will definitely have a say in who does.

@CRF4Dan,I don't think anyone is doubting them overall but again looking at scores. TeeJay handled a team in Greensville Co that we have all heard can pass on about anyone with kids that can jump out the stadium. I will venture to say the game with Gretna was much more of a grind it out type game with G-town staying primarily on the ground and the score was within one. From this and this only, I suspect that an open offense is much easier for them to defend than a smashmouth running team. IF that is the case Buckingham and SD will prove to be a problem as both are capable of presenting that type of game. It could very well be that TJ is able to do what is needed to be in Salem. I for one just have a little reservation based on the very little I know of them.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
We got room for a home and home next cycle, our invitation was declined for the 2019-20 cycle

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Buckingham will be a tough out for anyone. Better buckle up the chin strap and put wings on your shoes to play with them.
They are powerful and fast.

I can't comment on A, C, and D as I haven't seen those teams (except some video). And having a team in B I have a rooting interest.

What I will say with regards to TJ or JM, is that only the guys from Richmond area really can evaluate their season as they are a new entity in 2a.

That could be a very good thing or not so good for them. I don't think anyone is counting them out at this time, but being a relative unknown others don't know what to expect

Reactions: anh5 and CRF4Dan
Have seen us play Radford, Appomattox, and TJ. Appo by far the best we played in my opinion and Buckingham beat Appo first game of season. IMO Radford was second best team we played. Gretna couldn't stop shooting themselves in the foot in TJ game. They drove ball to goal line twice in last five minutes and only scored six with fumble on three and missed two point conversion. Had a chance in first half after scoring and forcing three and out with momentum to go up by couple scores and fumbled the punt catch giving TJ ball first and goal. Gretna played alot better against Radford and Appo. Appo definitely should be on conversation for title.

If Graham stays healthy & plays like they did against Richlands on Friday night, I would put them up against any team. They’ve seemed to clean up things quite a bit and are rolling right now. Of course, I don’t know much about Region A & B. I can definitely see them giving any team
In Region C & D a tough game. I’m not saying they win but don’t count them out.

I'm not sure what you mean by dark horse or sleeper. I respect it, just not sure exactly what it means.

3A Pick-Phoebus over Lord Botetourt
2A Pick-Graham over Buckingham County
1A Pick-Galax over Riverheads

Teams that make it to region title or state semi final games that are closely as good to the region winners and that are good enough to win a state title......
1A- No team
2A- A bunch of them. Stuarts Draft, Appomattox, Union, Ridgeview
3A- Heritage

I like your picks above except 1A where I'll take Riverheads over Galax

If Graham stays healthy & plays like they did against Richlands on Friday night, I would put them up against any team. They’ve seemed to clean up things quite a bit and are rolling right now. Of course, I don’t know much about Region A & B. I can definitely see them giving any team
In Region C & D a tough game. I’m not saying they win but don’t count them out.
Graham is starting to look a lot like the team that won it all last season. That nasty defense has finally hit its stride. I like the way they are playing right now.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Graham is starting to look a lot like the team that won it all last season. That nasty defense has finally hit its stride. I like the way they are playing right now.
Agree, defense is kicking it into next gear. I think our offense can hang with anyone out there and if the defense keeps up the way they've started to play , I think we can go deep in playoffs . I'm not saying Graham repeats but I think they've got a good a shot as the other top teams out there.

Reactions: 19GHS87
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT