ADVERTISEMENT

State Semi Final EC Glass vs. Kettle Run

Who wins and why?

• EC Glass - Region D

Votes: 35 77.8%
  • Kettle Run - Region C

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
@SFUWO, we received the VHSL Semi-Final guidelines today and unless NHFS streams the game it will not be offered. They have exclusive rights to all VHSL playoff games period. Radio Outlets can broadcast for a fee of $100.00. We even have a limit on the number of media passes that are allowed to be issued.
Does that mean that all of Saturdays games will be broadcast on the NHFS site? I had it for the month of November and would renew for December if do. The broadcast at Dinwiddie Saturday was far better than the usual one down here.

Does that mean that all of Saturdays games will be broadcast on the NHFS site? I had it for the month of November and would renew for December if do. The broadcast at Dinwiddie Saturday was far better than the usual one down here.
We asked the same question and to be honest the only answer we received was the NFHS had exclusive rights. I know we have not received any request for press box space, so we do not expect a crew to be at our game like last week. My guess is it's back to just video and since City Stadium does not have it there will be no broadcast. I guess they could send a crew there, but you would have to call the host school EC Glass for information.

We asked the same question and to be honest the only answer we received was the NFHS had exclusive rights. I know we have not received any request for press box space, so we do not expect a crew to be at our game like last week. My guess is it's back to just video and since City Stadium does not have it there will be no broadcast. I guess they could send a crew there, but you would have to call the host school EC Glass for information.
Glass did NFHS stream the game Saturday. It’s in the schedule for this week too.

@SFUWO, we received the VHSL Semi-Final guidelines today and unless NHFS streams the game it will not be offered. They have exclusive rights to all VHSL playoff games period. Radio Outlets can broadcast for a fee of $100.00. We even have a limit on the number of media passes that are allowed to be issued.
I was hoping someone would stream it for NHFS. They have the camera set up at the school field and not city stadium.

I'm excited to watch this final four. Dinwiddie is the only team to play for a state title recently. Glass hasn't been to one since the 95 after losing to Hampton. Glass did win the title in Div 5 in 88. Warwick was in the title game in 86. Kettle Run has never played for a state title. They have played in 2 semifinal games losing to James Monroe in 2011 and 2012.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I'm excited to watch this final four. Dinwiddie is the only team to play for a state title recently. Glass hasn't been to one since the 95 after losing to Hampton. Glass did win the title in Div 5 in 88. Warwick was in the title game in 86. Kettle Run has never played for a state title. They have played in 2 semifinal games losing to James Monroe in 2011 and 2012.
Good to see some parity.I saw a year or so ago that it was the first year that LeBron, Steph or Tim Duncan hasn’t been in the NBA Finals or some wild stat.. Well, this is the first year that neither Salem or Lake Taylor (even though they’re C3 now) isn’t in the Final 4. I know Lafayette came out in 2017? King’s Fork in 2021.. Salem still made it. The year Salem lost to JF, LT made the state championship.

Good to see some parity.I saw a year or so ago that it was the first year that LeBron, Steph or Tim Duncan hasn’t been in the NBA Finals or some wild stat.. Well, this is the first year that neither Salem or Lake Taylor (even though they’re C3 now) isn’t in the Final 4. I know Lafayette came out in 2017? King’s Fork in 2021.. Salem still made it. The year Salem lost to JF, LT made the state championship.
Without looking it up but I believe Dinwiddie, LT and Salem had played in every title game since 2013. The last home team to win was in 2013 when Dinwiddie won. Last yr was the first yr none of the 3 were in the title game

Last edited:
Without looking it up but I believe Dinwiddie, LT and Salem had played in every title game since 2013. The last home team to win was in 2013 when Dinwiddie won. Last yr was the first yr none of the 3 were in the title game
Sounds right to me. Knew it was some crazy stat like that.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Howdy everyone…

Been reading and watching over the past year with you all, but not too much to engage with you guys about until KR finally got over the hump for 4C regionals What a game that was at LOCO! Since I sit up north watching mostly the Western NOVA and Loudon teams I wonder why is Kettle Run is seen as such a weak team this year among 4A? This is not just here on the forum, but everywhere. They just played to win against a Loudon Co team that was ranked in the top 25 by the Washington Post for the DMV region High school teams and a big favorite for class C. Is it that there is kinda a “dead zone” between Richmond and Loudon County for updates? I know that Sherando and Tusky have a great following but not too much from other teams.

KR might remind me of the 18 Woodgrove team (I think 2018) coming down from NOVA to play the teams south of Richmond. That Woodgrove team just handled their business on the field. KR is kinda the same. The KR QB Chumley is for real. The WR Tapscott is great. The o-line is disciplined. The defense is solid. Their downfall is not alot of flashy speed on either sides of the ball. The KR Head Coach and Staff have been building this program continuously for the better for the last 4-5 years.

It will be great to finally watch KR in the semifinals against one of the historic teams.
I attended the County/Kettle Run game and let me say Kettle Run is a fun team to watch. They have offensive fire power and great play calling. My son played center on the Woodgrove 2018 team. When he came home from work I told him the Kettle Run team reminded me of his team. They had that "It" factor or determination not to lose. They also had great team chemistry like the 2018 Woodgrove Team. Chumley and Tapscott are studs, no team in 4A has an advantage over those two. I think Woodgrove had an edge due to their 4 receivers (6'6", 6'4", 6'3", 6'3"). I agree County couldn't stop them but Kettle Run's defense struggled against a solid County Offense too. I'll be rooting for you guys. Region D is usually over rated on these forums and Region C under rated so there's hope. I have no doubt Kettle Run will show up as Woodgrove did in 2018. Best wishes.

4C has not had much success since 2013.
2014 4D
2015 4D
2016 4D
2017 4D
2018 4C OT Woodgrove
2019 4C Tuscarora when they moved from C5
2021 spring 4D
2021 Fall 4C Broad Run

Looking at this you can see why 4D would be the favorite. Especially when the above listed teams were good in C5 when they moved down. In my opinion 4C is a little down this yr compared to the last 4 yrs. The only 4C team to win the title was Woodgrove. The 4B champ (Dinwiddie) will be the overall favorite if they are in the title game. Yes KR is undefeated but that means nothing at this point of the season. Glass only loss was to a very good Heritage team that is also in the state semifinals.

I'm hoping for a good game. I don't think KR has played a team as big and fast as Glass. They usually run a spread offense but packed it in against Salem and had success with their size. I personally like the ground and pound style Glass played this past Saturday.
See I look at this differently, Region C has beaten Region D 3 out of the last 4 years and has been a better Region of late. I agree with the decline of Broad Run and Tuscarora this year it lacked depth. Region D is down as well. Louisa played nobody until Salem and lost handedly. Salem is a good team but a shadow of the dynasty team that ruled 2014-17. EC Glass like George Washington are always darlings on these forums and never live up to the hype. That is possibly until this year with Glass. It was a nice win over a good, not great Salem team. They lost and got shut out to a 3A Heritage team (good team) that was destroyed by Dinwiddie. I just don't see Heritage being better than Kettle Run, equal at worst. Football is about coaching, lucky breaks and match ups so anything can happen. One thing I know is Region D is usually over rated on these forums (since the end of the Salem dynasty) and Region C underated here, aside from Broad Run and Tuscarora. Believing and hoping for a close game that Kettle Run wins.

See I look at this differently, Region C has beaten Region D 3 out of the last 4 years and has been a better Region of late. I agree with the decline of Broad Run and Tuscarora this year it lacked depth. Region D is down as well. Louisa played nobody until Salem and lost handedly. Salem is a good team but a shadow of the dynasty team that ruled 2014-17. EC Glass like George Washington are always darlings on these forums and never live up to the hype. That is possibly until this year with Glass. It was a nice win over a good, not great Salem team. They lost and got shut out to a 3A Heritage team (good team) that was destroyed by Dinwiddie. I just don't see Heritage being better than Kettle Run, equal at worst. Football is about coaching, lucky breaks and match ups so anything can happen. One thing I know is Region D is usually over rated on these forums (since the end of the Salem dynasty) and Region C underated here, aside from Broad Run and Tuscarora. Believing and hoping for a close game that Kettle Run wins.
Outside of Tuscarora and Broad Run it's been a huge drop off. Before they moved down 4D was winning by multiple TD's and it took BR converting a fourth and 13 last yr to keep their drive alive before scoring to win the game. I'm pretty sure BR ran through 4C last yr. I definitely don't see this Kettle Run team as good as BR. It took a state Champion Woodgrove team to beat Blacksburg in overtime. Woodgrove has the only title for 4C. A team can win on any given day. Maybe KR can get it done. I'm leaning towards Glass winning

I attended the County/Kettle Run game and let me say Kettle Run is a fun team to watch. They have offensive fire power and great play calling. My son played center on the Woodgrove 2018 team. When he came home from work I told him the Kettle Run team reminded me of his team. They had that "It" factor or determination not to lose. They also had great team chemistry like the 2018 Woodgrove Team. Chumley and Tapscott are studs, no team in 4A has an advantage over those two. I think Woodgrove had an edge due to their 4 receivers (6'6", 6'4", 6'3", 6'3"). I agree County couldn't stop them but Kettle Run's defense struggled against a solid County Offense too. I'll be rooting for you guys. Region D is usually over rated on these forums and Region C under rated so there's hope. I have no doubt Kettle Run will show up as Woodgrove did in 2018. Best wishes.
How can 4D be over rated with 4 state titles since 2015 and 4C be underated with only 1 state title?

The Heritage Dinwiddie played was not the Heritage Glass played. Heritage grew up fast after playing Dinwiddie. Also Glass didn’t know what they were offensively.

Don’t put us on the same level as GW😂😅 GW would NEVER make it this far😂

There are more Region D posters here than Region C posters. It’s good to have guys that talk about Region C to level us out and give us more info.

The Heritage Dinwiddie played was not the Heritage Glass played. Heritage grew up fast after playing Dinwiddie. Also Glass didn’t know what they were offensively.

There are more Region D posters here than Region C posters. It’s good to have guys that talk about Region C to level us out and give us more info.
Not to mention that's a huge rivalry game.

I'm going to defend Louisa. They had a good team. Football is also won by how you match up with a team. Louisa just doesn't match up well with Salem. I'm sure Louisa would be more than a handful for most 4C teams.

Heritage also struggled with a bad WF team the week before. If you judge Glass off of how Heritage lost to Dinwiddie, then that's fools gold.

H

He’s right though. Glass’s best team choked in 2018. They choked against Louisa last year after blowing through the regular season. Let’s be humble. Happy to see the Hilltoppers in the big game but GW beat Glass’s azz a lot over the years in football and basketball.

H

He’s right though. Glass’s best team choked in 2018. They choked against Louisa last year after blowing through the regular season. Let’s be humble. Happy to see the Hilltoppers in the big game but GW beat Glass’s azz a lot over the years in football and basketball.
GW had their years. Them years are over in football at least. I wish we would’ve played y’all in 2017 and 2018 too. We would’ve locked that offense up!

Talked all that stuff about how amazing y’all offense was in 2017 and then 35-0 in the second rd at halftime! Y’all choked in 2018 to PULASKI! We might have choked in 2021, but still beat y’all. Jeb wouldn’t have made a difference!

H

Definitely in basketball

But back to the game lol. Kettle Run's Qb has thrown for 2700+ and plays DE. thats Big time. Their top wide receiver has 1600+ yards and 18 touchdowns. Bigtime. They look like they have a balanced attack. I said last week that if you have a balanced attack, you'll give Glass problems on defense. Glass secondary will have to play another good game because I suspect Kettle Run will go to the pass more and throw more screens and out routes to force 1v1 matchups, to keep Michael Thomas away from the play. Similar to what Halifax did. Interesting to see what defense Glass employs in this Game.

Good for Glass making it this far. It’s been a long time for them. For the longest of times, GW ran the Western Valley District in football and Glass had only beat GW two times in my lifetime and that was 2003 and 2015 before the past few years. GW has produced more college and NFL players, had a better record and appeared in more Region Championship games then Glass. Mbonape1 told me back in 2017 to be humble, I’d suggest you to do the same. That humble pie is hard to swallow.

Good for Glass making it this far. It’s been a long time for them. For the longest of times, GW ran the Western Valley District in football and Glass had only beat GW two times in my lifetime and that was 2003 and 2015 before the past few years. GW has produced more college and NFL players, had a better record and appeared in more Region Championship games then Glass. Mbonape1 told me back in 2017 to be humble, I’d suggest you to do the same. That humble pie is hard to swallow.
Just some back and forth playful banter between two rivals. Glass was down for a lonnnnnnng time. We're back now.

Definitely in basketball
We ran them in football until recently. Starters were pulled late in the second quarter style azz whipping! Coach Woody and his staff is one of the best around. Great program and I’m cheering for them to bring it home.

I would not sleep on GW. We may be entering a period where there is more football talent than basketball.
Woody refused to schedule GW for several years because they had no chance against GW.
GW would never avoid Glass in any sport.

I would not sleep on GW. We may be entering a period where there is more football talent than basketball.
Woody refused to schedule GW for several years because they had no chance against GW.
GW would never avoid Glass in any sport.
No doubt. I don’t sleep on them at all. Y’all were beating us down when he came, so he had to do what he had to do.

Reactions: tommythecpa
GW-Glass was a hard hitting war when Glass was the only Lynchburg school. in 1960s mid 70's. Both stadiums were packed and the games were usually played on Saturday nights.
Also was big in 90-95 when both made states same year.

Could be way off but I’ve got Glass absolutely wrecking Kettle Run then getting wrecked by Dinwiddie. I watched the Dinwiddie/KG game and I just don’t think I’ve seen any other 4a teams that could hang with either team in that game.

Could be way off but I’ve got Glass absolutely wrecking Kettle Run then getting wrecked by Dinwiddie. I watched the Dinwiddie/KG game and I just don’t think I’ve seen any other 4a teams that could hang with either team in that game.
I agree. I’d like to see Glass bring it home, but Dinwiddie beating them both by 4 TDs minimum.

Reactions: CVAfootballfan
Outside of Tuscarora and Broad Run it's been a huge drop off. Before they moved down 4D was winning by multiple TD's and it took BR converting a fourth and 13 last yr to keep their drive alive before scoring to win the game. I'm pretty sure BR ran through 4C last yr. I definitely don't see this Kettle Run team as good as BR. It took a state Champion Woodgrove team to beat Blacksburg in overtime. Woodgrove has the only title for 4C. A team can win on any given day. Maybe KR can get it done. I'm leaning towards Glass winning
Broad Run was part of 4C, it doesn't matter if they came down from Class 5 or not. Is Varina not part of Region 4B because they came down? I watched the Salem/BR game. You can't use the 4th and 13 play to make it seem like Region D was better. Salem had their share of big plays. They definitely had nothing on Broad Run, very equal teams. Broad Run won so Region C beat Region D period! Broad Run did not run through Loudoun County, they won by 5 in the playoffs. On the other hand Salem beat everyone in Region D by at least 34 points in the playoffs, so again Region C was deeper. Yes in 2018 Woodgrove beat a very good Blacksburg team in OT, but on this forum 85% of the people picked Blacksburg to win and all by 2-3 TDs. The same thing happened in the finals with a great Lake Taylor team, we were super underdogs. These weren't upsets, we were underrated and they were over rated, Shurakin was the only poster who had an idea how good Woodgrove was on these forums. The last 4 years Region C has been better and deeper IMO. Before that Region D was better. Looking forward to Glass and Kettle Run, hopefully it will be a tight win for Region C.

Reactions: falcettik
How can 4D be over rated with 4 state titles since 2015 and 4C be underated with only 1 state title?
In the last 4 years I've been on this forum, IMO it's true. In 2018, IMO, Loudoun County had hands down the best passing attack in 4C. I wish they could have played somebody good instead of Woodgrove (their only 2 losses).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT