ADVERTISEMENT

State Semi Final EC Glass vs. Kettle Run

Who wins and why?

• EC Glass - Region D

Votes: 35 77.8%
  • Kettle Run - Region C

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
Gimme Glass. Hated picking against them this past week. S/o to Glass’s D Coordinator, Coach J. Hard stopping that Salem offense this time of year, but his guys did. Glass by 2 scores next weekend.

Reactions: lyhsports
Gimme Glass. Hated picking against them this past week. S/o to Glass’s D Coordinator, Coach J. Hard stopping that Salem offense this time of year, but his guys did. Glass by 2 scores next weekend.
Jermaine Johnson. Remember the name. This guy works hard and will be a fine head coach in the near future. Glass is blessed to have him as our DC! He’s been in his bag all year!

Jermaine Johnson. Remember the name. This guy works hard and will be a fine head coach in the near future. Glass is blessed to have him as our DC! He’s been in his bag all year!
Yessssir! Met him a couple of times and I peep how good he treats his guys on his twitter page. He’s a real educator and coach. It’s all about relationships and those guys will run through a wall for him.

Reactions: SFUWO and lyhsports
Does anybody know what time this game is on Saturday? Also, it is at City Stadium in Lynchburg right?

If I were to attend one or both of those games, would I be able to attend the heritage game and then stick around and watch glass afterwards? Or would I have to buy a seperate ticket for both games? Just curious to see if anybody knew

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
If I were to attend one or both of those games, would I be able to attend the heritage game and then stick around and watch glass afterwards? Or would I have to buy a seperate ticket for both games? Just curious to see if anybody knew
I doubt that you can attend both on one ticket, but I don’t see how they can police it and chase everyone out between games. But, I’m just speculating.

Howdy everyone…

Been reading and watching over the past year with you all, but not too much to engage with you guys about until KR finally got over the hump for 4C regionals What a game that was at LOCO! Since I sit up north watching mostly the Western NOVA and Loudon teams I wonder why is Kettle Run is seen as such a weak team this year among 4A? This is not just here on the forum, but everywhere. They just played to win against a Loudon Co team that was ranked in the top 25 by the Washington Post for the DMV region High school teams and a big favorite for class C. Is it that there is kinda a “dead zone” between Richmond and Loudon County for updates? I know that Sherando and Tusky have a great following but not too much from other teams.

KR might remind me of the 18 Woodgrove team (I think 2018) coming down from NOVA to play the teams south of Richmond. That Woodgrove team just handled their business on the field. KR is kinda the same. The KR QB Chumley is for real. The WR Tapscott is great. The o-line is disciplined. The defense is solid. Their downfall is not alot of flashy speed on either sides of the ball. The KR Head Coach and Staff have been building this program continuously for the better for the last 4-5 years.

It will be great to finally watch KR in the semifinals against one of the historic teams.

Howdy everyone…

Been reading and watching over the past year with you all, but not too much to engage with you guys about until KR finally got over the hump for 4C regionals What a game that was at LOCO! Since I sit up north watching mostly the Western NOVA and Loudon teams I wonder why is Kettle Run is seen as such a weak team this year among 4A? This is not just here on the forum, but everywhere. They just played to win against a Loudon Co team that was ranked in the top 25 by the Washington Post for the DMV region High school teams and a big favorite for class C. Is it that there is kinda a “dead zone” between Richmond and Loudon County for updates? I know that Sherando and Tusky have a great following but not too much from other teams.

KR might remind me of the 18 Woodgrove team (I think 2018) coming down from NOVA to play the teams south of Richmond. That Woodgrove team just handled their business on the field. KR is kinda the same. The KR QB Chumley is for real. The WR Tapscott is great. The o-line is disciplined. The defense is solid. Their downfall is not alot of flashy speed on either sides of the ball. The KR Head Coach and Staff have been building this program continuously for the better for the last 4-5 years.

It will be great to finally watch KR in the semifinals against one of the historic teams.
Good to hear some stuff about the KR team. I watched the KR/LOCO game Saturday. Just watched some more highlights. They are a very good football team, and they are undefeated for a reason. Qb and WR look nice! Both Glass and KR have gotten over the hump and Looking forward to a great game on Saturday!

Where are the other NOVA posters? Lets hear about this team!

Good to hear some stuff about the KR team. I watched the KR/LOCO game Saturday. Just watched some more highlights. They are a very good football team, and they are undefeated for a reason. Qb and WR look nice! Both Glass and KR have gotten over the hump and Looking forward to a great game on Saturday!

4C has not had much success since 2013.
2014 4D
2015 4D
2016 4D
2017 4D
2018 4C OT Woodgrove
2019 4C Tuscarora when they moved from C5
2021 spring 4D
2021 Fall 4C Broad Run

Looking at this you can see why 4D would be the favorite. Especially when the above listed teams were good in C5 when they moved down. In my opinion 4C is a little down this yr compared to the last 4 yrs. The only 4C team to win the title was Woodgrove. The 4B champ (Dinwiddie) will be the overall favorite if they are in the title game. Yes KR is undefeated but that means nothing at this point of the season. Glass only loss was to a very good Heritage team that is also in the state semifinals.

I'm hoping for a good game. I don't think KR has played a team as big and fast as Glass. They usually run a spread offense but packed it in against Salem and had success with their size. I personally like the ground and pound style Glass played this past Saturday.

Glass did what we thought they should have done when they had Edwards (might have name wrong). The back the last time they played

If it works like the state game at LU, you pay one price and watch both games

Reactions: 1Gensfan
4C has not had much success since 2013.
2014 4D
2015 4D
2016 4D
2017 4D
2018 4C OT Woodgrove
2019 4C Tuscarora when they moved from C5
2021 spring 4D
2021 Fall 4C Broad Run

Looking at this you can see why 4D would be the favorite. Especially when the above listed teams were good in C5 when they moved down. In my opinion 4C is a little down this yr compared to the last 4 yrs. The only 4C team to win the title was Woodgrove. The 4B champ (Dinwiddie) will be the overall favorite if they are in the title game. Yes KR is undefeated but that means nothing at this point of the season. Glass only loss was to a very good Heritage team that is also in the state semifinals.

I'm hoping for a good game. I don't think KR has played a team as big and fast as Glass. They usually run a spread offense but packed it in against Salem and had success with their size. I personally like the ground and pound style Glass played this past Saturday.
I like the ground and pound style too. They came out first play in the Albemarle scrimmage with it then, used it less until the first Amherst game. People don't realize Glass lacked an offensive identity when they played Heritage. It wasn't until during the Amherst matchup that they changed their focus. The ground and pound makes the passing game more efficient. Glass Qb was 11-14 2TD 0INT, Saturday.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
. Yes KR is undefeated but that means nothing at this point of the season. Glass only loss was to a very good Heritage team that is also in the state semifinals.

Big and fast can do damage to the KR defense. Their biggest offensive opponent was LOCO and they let them score 34 points.

I think everyone should look at the stats for this KR team. Yes, they may have played a weaker schedule but on paper KR skills are for real. I was surprised at stats when looking up the skills comparison.

From Maxpreps stat sheets:
WR Tapscott is the #1 receiver in VA (not just 4A)
QB Chumley is #2 in passing QB in VA. Chumley also has 600 yard rushing.
RB Quaker #13 in Rushing in VA. #2 in 4A.

KR will be methodical on offense than surprise you with a big play. I don’t know if EC Glass has seen a QB/WRs combo like KR has today.

Johnson is a great DC.

Who coached the DBs for Glass? They do some pretty advanced things from a technique/leverage perspective for the high school level. They also understand tendencies and other situational nuances very well.

Big and fast can do damage to the KR defense. Their biggest offensive opponent was LOCO and they let them score 34 points.

I think everyone should look at the stats for this KR team. Yes, they may have played a weaker schedule but on paper KR skills are for real. I was surprised at stats when looking up the skills comparison.

KR will be methodical on offense than surprise you with a big play. I don’t know if EC Glass has seen a QB/WRs combo like KR has today.
Glass has played several teams that I would say is very good. Heritage, LCA, and Brookville can throw and run with the best of them. Glass did struggle verses Halifax in the secondary but they threw the ball just about every play. I didn't see that game, only going by what posters said Glass covered Salem's wr's well. Glass has had problems holding onto the ball. I only saw one fumble Saturday and they fell right in it. So maybe they have corrected this some. @lyhsports could give you a better breakdown. The Seminal district is one of the best overall districts in the state. Glass has come a long way 8 yrs.

Be careful looking at MaxPreps stats. I don't think everyone submits stats to them.

Congratulations to KR. They definitely earned their spot in the semifinals. Anything can happen. We are talking about 15-18 yr old kids. Should be a good game. Neither team has any experience playing this deep in the playoffs. Hopefully someone will stream the game so we can watch it.

Seen Kettle Run 4 times this year. They are going to score 30+ on everyone outside of probably Dinwiddie. Is that is enough to beat Glass? Not sure, but I think those picking a Glass blowout are off base a bit.

Against Loudoun County they were scoring at will. A bad snap that lost at least 15 yards killed their first possession and then they scored 35 points on 6 possessions before kneeling to end the game. Loudoun County looked helpless towards the end. Same with the Sherando. Not sure there is a better coached team in my neck of the woods. They have taken mercy on my falcons the past couple of seasons when they could have scored 80.

Johnson is a great DC.

Who coached the DBs for Glass? They do some pretty advanced things from a technique/leverage perspective for the high school level. They also understand tendencies and other situational nuances very well.
If I’m not mistaken, I think it’s a combination of Matthew Smith and Pierre Penn. I think one coaches the corners and the other coaches the safeties.

Reactions: one man
Congratulations to KR. They definitely earned their spot in the semifinals. Anything can happen. We are talking about 15-18 yr old kids. Should be a good game. Neither team has any experience playing this deep in the playoffs. Hopefully someone will stream the game so we can watch it.
Exactly. Neither team has experience playing this deep in the playoffs. Both teams should be well prepared and ready to play.

Reactions: SFUWO
Seen Kettle Run 4 times this year. They are going to score 30+ on everyone outside of probably Dinwiddie. Is that is enough to beat Glass? Not sure, but I think those picking a Glass blowout are off base a bit.

Against Loudoun County they were scoring at will. A bad snap that lost at least 15 yards killed their first possession and then they scored 35 points on 6 possessions before kneeling to end the game. Loudoun County looked helpless towards the end. Same with the Sherando. Not sure there is a better coached team in my neck of the woods. They have taken mercy on my falcons the past couple of seasons when they could have scored 80.
Good squad and QB and Wr have good numbers, but I don’t think they score 30 on Glass.

Reactions: OCBoy and SFUWO

I would never predict a team scoring 30 + on everyone. I've seen too many teams this time of yr avg 40-50 pts a game be held to 14

@SFUWO, we received the VHSL Semi-Final guidelines today and unless NHFS streams the game it will not be offered. They have exclusive rights to all VHSL playoff games period. Radio Outlets can broadcast for a fee of $100.00. We even have a limit on the number of media passes that are allowed to be issued.

Reactions: SFUWO
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT