ADVERTISEMENT

State Semi-Final Heritage vs. Christiansburg

Who wins and why?

• Heritage

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • Christiansburg

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
Heritage was very prepared, Christansburg couldn't do anything with em. I expect something somewhat closer, but Heritage passing game was way too much. Bradley probably leaving to go watch Phoebus film now. Heritage will be prepared.
Sorry man but Cburg was completely terrible. It wasn’t anything Heritage was doing the team just wasn’t good. And erase what you saw from Phoebus a couple years ago…y’all will most likely look like Cburg did today next week. Free bulletin board material for Heritage lol

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Yeah Christiansburg was hot garb. GW could’ve beaten them today. I expect a 42-14 Phoebus win next week.

Reactions: Lafayette
Sorry man but Cburg was completely terrible. It wasn’t anything Heritage was doing the team just wasn’t good. And erase what you saw from Phoebus a couple years ago…y’all will most likely look like Cburg did today next week. Free bulletin board material for Heritage lol
I get Christiansburg was bad. Y'all just think Phoebus is so high and mighty that Heritage shouldn't even show up. Heritage will look like Heritage and not like Christiansburg.

I get Christiansburg was bad. Y'all just think Phoebus is so high and mighty that Heritage shouldn't even show up. Heritage will look like Heritage and not like Christiansburg.
Cmon don’t get in your feelings lol. It is what it is y’all played who was in front of y’all but let’s not act like it wasn’t an easy walk into the state finals. Hell Phoebus had one last year and will get the same thing when we kickoff in 5 minutes.

It’s not about us thinking Phoebus is high and mighty y’all just haven’t seen Phoebus play this year obviously. Game 13 was the first time the first team defense was scored on all year and it was a fumble that rolled forward. This team is focused and beating Heritage means A LOT to the program as a whole so y’all will get a completely motivated team next week. Good luck but y’all won’t be able to block the dline and that’s the ball game right there.

Reactions: lyhsports
Cmon don’t get in your feelings lol. It is what it is y’all played who was in front of y’all but let’s not act like it wasn’t an easy walk into the state finals. Hell Phoebus had one last year and will get the same thing when we kickoff in 5 minutes.

It’s not about us thinking Phoebus is high and mighty y’all just haven’t seen Phoebus play this year obviously. Game 13 was the first time the first team defense was scored on all year and it was a fumble that rolled forward. This team is focused and beating Heritage means A LOT to the program as a whole so y’all will get a completely motivated team next week. Good luck but y’all won’t be able to block the dline and that’s the ball game right there.
We'll see next Saturday.

That was not even a ball game. How did Christiansburg make it that far? Is the rest of that region that bad?

Size vs Speed
Speed won
Hhs was more physical and controled both lines of scrimmage and Bateman was accurate!

Reactions: lyhsports
How do you like your crow?

I really hate it for the people who paid $10 and is braving the rain to watch this ass whipping. Teams that are still around this time of year are supposed to be good. Christiansburg is horrible.

Most of these semis are just one-sided and then some. Woodstock by 27, Dinwiddie by 28, Freedom by 55, Heritage by 43, George Wythe by 23, Phoebus up by 24 atm, HS up by 19 atm. 7 of 12 games by 19+ currently and that's without Glass/KR yet. Only 1 game decided by a score or less currently.

Most of these semis are just one-sided and then some. Woodstock by 27, Dinwiddie by 28, Freedom by 55, Heritage by 43, George Wythe by 23, Phoebus up by 24 atm, HS up by 19 atm. 7 of 12 games by 19+ currently and that's without Glass/KR yet. Only 1 game decided by a score or less currently.
IMO, it’s too many champions. Competition is diluted. I live in NC and they’re talking about going to 7A. HUGE MISTAKE. I don’t want to pay $10 to watch Salem beat up on Kettle Run who are only there because their region was horrible. I don’t think any of the state championship games will be close next week either.

IMO, it’s too many champions. Competition is diluted. I live in NC and they’re talking about going to 7A. HUGE MISTAKE. I don’t want to pay $10 to watch Salem beat up on Kettle Run who are only there because their region was horrible. I don’t think any of the state championship games will be close next week either.

Agree on state games but I think this is a very uncommon year. Riverheads, Graham, Phoebus, Dinwiddie, HS, and Freedom are not only very clearly the best teams in their class but have been viewed this way for at least two months now if not since preseason. Very rare that the overwhelming fan consensus has been "yea, they're the best" for every single class for this long. Most of these teams are essentially wire-to-wire champs if things play out as you'd guess next week. Highly unusual.

Yea I would say this is probably the exception not the norm with the blowouts. I don't think it's too many classes, unfortunately VA is such a funny shaped state it's impossible to balance these regions out in a good way

Heritage was very prepared, Christansburg couldn't do anything with em. I expect something somewhat closer, but Heritage passing game was way too much. Bradley probably leaving to go watch Phoebus film now. Heritage will be prepared.
Phoebus will blow them out.

Man I can see your still salty about that 2002 state title game when Heritage blew Lafayette out of the building. Get past it my friend, it was 20 yrs ago lol.
Ha! We won the year before and 2021. What the hell do I care about 2002? You think too highly of yourself. I live close to Phoebus here and I can tell you the defense will shut Heritage or anyone else down like a brick wall. Nothing specific about Heritage.

Your right, if if there were 3 Classes, games for the semi and final would be more competitive. 1/2, 3/4, 5/6.

Ha! We won the year before and 2021. What the hell do I care about 2002? You think too highly of yourself. I live close to Phoebus here and I can tell you the defense will shut Heritage or anyone else down like a brick wall. Nothing specific about Heritage.
Yeah he legit reached with the 2002 comment. People just don’t understand that Phoebus is a different animal this year. It’s nothing against anyone else

Fried hard with hot sauce on white bread. Phoebus by 40
I wouldn't be surprised if Phoebus won and won by a lot but I'm not sure Phoebus will get enough possessions to score 40 points. Heritage will probably try to control the clock and make it a slow grind type of game.

I also know it's not the first time Heritage has been the underdog vs Phoebus.

Last edited:
Gonna be nasty practicing in the rain all week unless heritage has an indoor facility available.

Yeah he legit reached with the 2002 comment. People just don’t understand that Phoebus is a different animal this year. It’s nothing against anyone else
This sounds a lot like the year that Blacksburg beat Phoebus. Blacksburg had not seen anything like Phoebus speed. How did that turn out?

This sounds a lot like the year that Blacksburg beat Phoebus. Blacksburg had not seen anything like Phoebus speed. How did that turn out?
Whatever makes y’all feel better. The 2022 Phoebus team will be on the field Saturday not the 2016 team. Talent wise it’s not even a comparison.

Fried hard with hot sauce on white bread. Phoebus by 40
Do i still get my crow???? I’m reading this thread laughing because i told y’all Phoebus would make Heritage look how Christiansburg looked and they did just that. A lot of y’all thought i was being disrespectful and rude to the opponents and whole time i was just keeping it real. Good season though

Reactions: PHSBlue&Gold
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT