ADVERTISEMENT

State Semi-Final Phoebus vs. Brentsville District

Who wins and why?

• Phoebus - Region A

Votes: 35 97.2%
  • Brentsville District - Region B

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Unless Brentsville District is the most senior loaded team in Division 3A and for that matter Virginia high school football history I cannot see a turn around from that shellacking they took last year. So these are the test questions: Are they a senior loaded team? What did they learn last year that they have incorporated into this year? Are they playing a much more aggressive style of football? What is the plan for when they get punched in the mouth. If no good answers 35-0 Phantoms.

We won 43-0 last year without our star WR playing. This year’s defense is a lot better and pissed about that 16 points yesterday. If Phoebus comes out motivated it’ll be like 56 or 63-0. Sorry but I’ve seen the film and Phoebus is way too athletic, big, and strong up front for them.

Plus this team plays a weak schedule and in a weaker region . If they were in Phoebus district or the central district they might win 2 games maybe 3 .

Reactions: Bucktown434
Brentsville is not as good as last year, but clearly better than the rest of 3B. Add another touchdown to whatever Phoebus beat them by last year.

Maybe Goochland will return every team at some point goes through a transition time unless you have transfers coming in and a pipeline on very good athletes and great coaches at your program. Next year Phoebus will be back in 4 so some other teams in the 804 - 757 will take charge maybe lake Taylor or Lafayette or hopewell will regroup up their maybe james Monroe or Goochland. We'll see.

Maybe Goochland will return every team at some point goes through a transition time unless you have transfers coming in and a pipeline on very good athletes and great coaches at your program. Next year Phoebus will be back in 4 so some other teams in the 804 - 757 will take charge maybe lake Taylor or Lafayette or hopewell will regroup up their maybe james Monroe or Goochland. We'll see.
Lafayette loses two stars but returns quite bit of experience at many positions and some with some real speed. There’s an 8th grade QB that I went and saw that was exceptional, one of the best I’ve seen.

Reactions: gwb16
I would imagine Goochland returns to form and taking the the charge in the region
Kettle Run is dropping into that Region. A return to form for Goochland and JM to go with a team playing in the Class 4 state semis this weekend should boost the Region. Especially if Brentsville can stay strong like they have been for the past half decade. That is a much improved 3B.

Reactions: GoBlue2109
The screen pass was 85 yards.
Yessir. Did you see his break away speed?

Sidenote after watching film of all 3 I honestly think if you made an all star team of the other remaining 3 teams Phoebus still wins by 50. I can’t wait to get to D4 next year and hope it’s better competition

Sidenote after watching film of all 3 I honestly think if you made an all star team of the other remaining 3 teams Phoebus still wins by 50. I can’t wait to get to D4 next year and hope it’s better competition
Jordan Bass is the real deal. I only see one weakness with Phoebus. They are extremely sluggish at the start. They went from getting sacked and stuffed to scoring with ease in the blink of an eye after the 1st qtr. I would like 4 quarters of dominance this late in the season.

Jordan Bass is the real deal. I only see one weakness with Phoebus. They are extremely sluggish at the start. They went from getting sacked and stuffed to scoring with ease in the blink of an eye after the 1st qtr. I would like 4 quarters of dominance this late in the season.
Won’t happen this week. It’s their last game at Darling. Going out with a bang.

I am sure D3 is glad Phoebus is moving up as well, they have won what 7, 8 in a row???

They very well may win the remaining games by 50, but goodness gracious. Up until last year, every year it was "we're back" and it finally came through. After all that talk over the years, you should be the 1st to realize not to continue to do that.

In reality, it appears that D3 (aside from a few teams) is down, and Phoebus is not.

Reactions: OCBoy

Fan made Phoebus Vs LT highlights. Played through a lot of adversity
I am sure D3 is glad Phoebus is moving up as well, they have won what 7, 8 in a row???

They very well may win the remaining games by 50, but goodness gracious. Up until last year, every year it was "we're back" and it finally came through. After all that talk over the years, you should be the 1st to realize not to continue to do that.

In reality, it appears that D3 (aside from a few teams) is down, and Phoebus is not.
From my perspective it’s a mix. Yes, Phoebus moving up obviously opens up Region A and makes it easier with three top teams rather than including a top, very strong 4th. On the other hand it definitely was a big challenge to beat Phoebus which some teams here actually looked forward to. They were not afraid of a loss. The Spring 2021 playoffs Lafayette really looked to the game at Wanner with Phoebus. If Lafayette had gotten past LT (that dang xtra point) they would have been a big underdog but really looked forward to the rematch.

From my perspective it’s a mix. Yes, Phoebus moving up obviously opens up Region A and makes it easier with three top teams rather than including a top, very strong 4th. On the other hand it definitely was a big challenge to beat Phoebus which some teams here actually looked forward to. They were not afraid of a loss. The Spring 2021 playoffs Lafayette really looked to the game at Wanner with Phoebus. If Lafayette had gotten past LT (that dang xtra point) they would have been a big underdog but really looked forward to the rematch.

I think you are missing my main point (and your points are very valid).

My point was that the poster was making it seem like they have dominated 3a, and that nobody was even close to their level. And while that may be true this year, they have 1 championship in 3a I believe, and that was an 8 point game last year, and I believe LCA was driving late. Glad Phoebus won too.

I'm just not a fan of disrespect, and saying that an ALL STAR team of teams remaining wouldn't be within 50 is just that. They have played 13 games, and only 3 games have been over 50.

The other smaller point being that I believe the same poster every year saying this is our year where nobody can touch us. And that hasn't shown to be the case. They very well may end up beating every team left by 50, but I don't see a need to be disrespectful.

My point was that the poster was making it seem like they have dominated 3a, and that nobody was even close to their level. And while that may be true this year, they have 1 championship in 3a I believe, and that was an 8 point game last year, and I believe LCA was driving late. Glad Phoebus won too.

I'm just not a fan of disrespect, and saying that an ALL STAR team of teams remaining wouldn't be within 50 is just that. They have played 13 games, and only 3 games have been over 50.

The other smaller point being that I believe the same poster every year saying this is our year where nobody can touch us. And that hasn't shown to be the case. They very well may end up beating every team left by 50, but I don't see a need to be disrespectful.
That's just one person's opinion and I don't see a problem if they felt confident enough to post their opinions. Me, personally, I stated that this was going to be a special team back in August and that this team reminded me of the old Phoebus teams that played in Div 5. and people came at me as if I said that the Dallas Cowboys were losing their franchise. I will always believe in playing one game at a time. Nobody gets this far without being pretty good. Honestly, Class 3 has never played against the dominant Phoebus teams in the Bill Dee era but this 2022 team is pretty close.

Get out your feelings please. Show me the posts of me saying we’re back every year. You’re literally making up things.

I don’t care about last year or any other years. I’m talking about this year. Phoebus is head and shoulders better than the remaining teams it is what it is.

Get out your feelings please. Show me the posts of me saying we’re back every year. You’re literally making up things.

I don’t care about last year or any other years. I’m talking about this year. Phoebus is head and shoulders better than the remaining teams it is what it is.

Not going through 5000 posts to find something, especially when I said I believe it was the same poster, not that it was 100% without a doubt you.

The major point still remains, why try to be offensive about the other teams still remaining? There was NO reason to say Phoebus would beat an all star team by 50, and say that be glad leaving 3a etc.

But I did go back through a few posts where I saw talking about championships prior to last year.

Decided to come back to Preps for the playoffs because I don't know any of these teams in 3A. Our program has potential to win nonstop on the 3A level because of competition. We can't afford to be big headed though because we'll get humbled quick. I know for a fact that
Phoebus has some crazy talent in the 2020 class and will be a force for years to come.

I just wish we were in 5A with Hampton. They deserve a butt whooping this year because they played us minus 8 suspended players!

Phoebus is stacked on defense this year. Probably best defense I've seen them with since 2010 team. On offense they have like 10 options. The team is focused and I'd be beyond surprised if someone in 3A beats them this year.

Watched film on Blacksburg. They remind me a lot of a school around here called Gloucester. If Phoebus is focused then there is no way they lose this game. Phoebus defense is way too fast and athletic from what I saw of Blacksburg.

It ends in Hampton for Blacksburg.

Lol. Good luck is all I will say. This Phoebus team is nothing like the last two 3A saw. Best QB since Tajh Boyd with 5 good WRs who have all done damage this year and 3 good D1 caliber running backs and a defense that gives up 6 ppg. Go ahead and get sized up for the rings but make sure you don't put the order in lol.

So yes, I may have been wrong and confusing you with another poster on "were back" and if so I apologize for that.

As far as the quotes above, I wish it added the dates because these were from times way back.

Either way, good luck to Phoebus the rest of the way, even though I don't think they need it. My style is to be humble and certainly don't want to say things that could be taken as disrespectful. And that may not have been your goal when saying those things

It is easy to forget that Virginia has always had great teams at all levels with great players. There is nothing new about teams moving from one classification to another and having success and struggles. Didn’t Amherst County move up to D5 and make the title game in 1998? There have been times when some of the best teams in Virginia were D2 or D3. Too bad there were no match ups featuring Powell Valley or Gretna against some D6 or D5 schools back in the day. I will never forget the first time I saw Stone Bridge in 2005. For us in Hampton the Bulldogs came out of nowhere. Tabb was a monster team when Chris Slade and Terry Kirby was there. I want to congratulate Riverheads for beating the 52 teams that were put in front of you. Holding the national victory lead is a serious accomplishment. We were proud when Phoebus did it and so should they be.

Reactions: CavsGrad
Not going through 5000 posts to find something, especially when I said I believe it was the same poster, not that it was 100% without a doubt you.

The major point still remains, why try to be offensive about the other teams still remaining? There was NO reason to say Phoebus would beat an all star team by 50, and say that be glad leaving 3a etc.

But I did go back through a few posts where I saw talking about championships prior to last year.

So yes, I may have been wrong and confusing you with another poster on "were back" and if so I apologize for that.

As far as the quotes above, I wish it added the dates because these were from times way back.

Either way, good luck to Phoebus the rest of the way, even though I don't think they need it. My style is to be humble and certainly don't want to say things that could be taken as disrespectful. And that may not have been your goal when saying those things
Yeah and like i said “if we come in here big headed we will get humbled” and Magna Vista did that. I’m still mad we slept on Blacksburg because they honestly weren’t better than us. Those Phoebus teams were cocky off of past teams success and big headed because we ain’t never heard of half of these schools in 3A but we learned quick. The fact you went back in history to find posts from years ago lets me know just how much in your feelings you are lol. I stand on my words that i said and none of this is going to change the fact that this 3A final four field isn’t good.

It’s a lot that went on behind the scene when Blunt got the job mid season in 2012…that man dealt with a whole administration that was trying to fire him with their sights on taking over the program. That admin went away in 2018 and like magic we back. But yeah get out your feelings. Ima rep my boys if you don’t like then scroll past but obviously from the posts you can’t scroll past you actually like paying attention. Come to Darling Saturday I’ll let you sit near us and even buy you a chick fila sandwich

Yeah and like i said “if we come in here big headed we will get humbled” and Magna Vista did that. I’m still mad we slept on Blacksburg because they honestly weren’t better than us. Those Phoebus teams were cocky off of past teams success and big headed because we ain’t never heard of half of these schools in 3A but we learned quick. The fact you went back in history to find posts from years ago lets me know just how much in your feelings you are lol. I stand on my words that i said and none of this is going to change the fact that this 3A final four field isn’t good.

It’s a lot that went on behind the scene when Blunt got the job mid season in 2012…that man dealt with a whole administration that was trying to fire him with their sights on taking over the program. That admin went away in 2018 and like magic we back. But yeah get out your feelings. Ima rep my boys if you don’t like then scroll past but obviously from the posts you can’t scroll past you actually like paying attention. Come to Darling Saturday I’ll let you sit near us and even buy you a chick fila sandwich

Again, you aren't even attempting to address being disrespectful.

You asked me to show you something and I did (and you conviently only addressed one of those quotes).

I also read quite a few times you speaking negatively about the coach that you are now defending.

I couldn't care less about any of this. I just not a fan of being disrespectful, especially when there is no need for it.

Rep your boys all you want. That is a good thing. But doing it by downing others seems over the edge to me.

It is what it is, im done here. I said my peace. All I know is that Phoebus is a HEAVY favorite. And I sure hope for that ego you have for them that they win their next 2 games by 50+. No, I better ammend that, way more than 50 since a combination isn't within 50. And if its not 50, I don't want to hear about backups, refs, weren't up for them, etc.

Have a good one

Again, you aren't even attempting to address being disrespectful.

You asked me to show you something and I did (and you conviently only addressed one of those quotes).

I also read quite a few times you speaking negatively about the coach that you are now defending.

I couldn't care less about any of this. I just not a fan of being disrespectful, especially when there is no need for it.

Rep your boys all you want. That is a good thing. But doing it by downing others seems over the edge to me.

It is what it is, im done here. I said my peace. All I know is that Phoebus is a HEAVY favorite. And I sure hope for that ego you have for them that they win their next 2 games by 50+. No, I better ammend that, way more than 50 since a combination isn't within 50. And if its not 50, I don't want to hear about backups, refs, weren't up for them, etc.

Have a good one
I still remember watching in disbelief as the zeroes struck and the scoreboard read Gar-field 13 Hampton 12, andI believe it was at Darling Stadium.

I’ll be glad when Phoebus moves to 4A for one single reason… Anyone in the 3A forum guess what/who that reason is??? Just sayin…

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT