ADVERTISEMENT

State Semifinals: #2 Lake Taylor vs #4 Eastern View

Who wins?

• Lake Taylor

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • Eastern View

Votes: 29 43.9%

• Total voters
I would expect him to get pressure at this level. Heck, there's only 4 teams left. All great teams. I'm sure there's a plan of action. I would think you just have to have that clock going in your head. After 3-4 seconds you better be getting rid of it or running. I'll make this prediction....if the Cyclones don't turn the ball over, I think they have a great chance.
3-4 seconds is longer than you usually have against LT... have to have a shorter clock than that.

They aren't playing a deep safety, so they are already usually bringing one more than you can block. If you send your back out on any pass route they will 100% will be bringing more than you can block.

They also have a bunch of players that can win one-on-ones and they can win them very quickly off the snap. You can be keeping your eye on the unaccounted blitzer on one side and have no idea that that your backside tackle got beat and you are looking at a potential blindside hit/fumble/turnover.

Awesome thread. I went from knowing nothing about LT to now I at least have insight to ponder during the game. Appreciate y'all taking the time. Great info.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Rain keeping you home?
Heck no. Just checking for some other folks. Still not sure which game to go to. This one or Culpeper/Phoebus. I'm sure I know which one will be the better game. Go 20 years without a game this big, now we got 2 schools a stones throw away and both are in the state semi's. I might not live long enough to see this again. the least they could've done was start them a few hours apart.

Last edited:
Heck no. Just checking for some other folks. Still not sure which game to go to. This one or Culpeper/Phoebus. I'm sure I know which one will be the better game. Go 20 years without a game this big, not we got 2 schools a stones throw away and both are in the state semi's. I might not live long enough to see this again. the least they could've done was start them a few hours apart.
As both in the same county should have one Afternoon and one at night.

As both in the same county should have one Afternoon and one at night.
If they were both playing at home my guess is that would've happened. Since they're both on the road, I doubt if outside schedulers gave much thought to that.

Maybe the AD's should contact the VHSL and request that. I know a lot of the fans would go to both.

Never would happen! Why go through the tunnel to the Peninsula and give up home field? Wishful thinking
Does homefield mean that much to LT? They play well anywhere and the fans don’t come out that much and a better field condition.

I knew LT had beaten Class 6 Freedom earlier this season, but I wasn't sure how good they were...well, their only loss was to LT and they're playing in the semifinals at Westfield...I must admit, that's an impressive win for the Titans.

To all the EV fans going to the game...make sure you get there for the pregame fireworks, courtesy of LT...let's just say they won't be winning any sportsmanship awards there in Norfolk.

I knew LT had beaten Class 6 Freedom earlier this season, but I wasn't sure how good they were...well, their only loss was to LT and they're playing in the semifinals at Westfield...I must admit, that's an impressive win for the Titans.

To all the EV fans going to the game...make sure you get there for the pregame fireworks, courtesy of LT...let's just say they won't be winning any sportsmanship awards there in Norfolk.
Phoebus (3A), Maury (5A), and Freedom(6A) all playing this weekend all have 1 loss...LT
It's not about the other team its more to get themselves amped up for the game. Lafayette isn't choir boys either :D

Reactions: Lafayette
Phoebus (3A), Maury (5A), and Freedom(6A) all playing this weekend all have 1 loss...LT
It's not about the other team its more to get themselves amped up for the game. Lafayette isn't choir boys either :D

It's all good, DEVILS...besides, this ain't no knittin' class!

Yeah, Lafayette gets more than its fair share of personal fouls. I’m actually pulling for LT. First time I saw them in person. I like their style and intensity. Like the waving arms on KOs. We need to do that!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT