ADVERTISEMENT

Staunton River 87 Western Albemarle 40

Good stuff and a really intriguing rematch. I honestly believe WA is one of the better 4-6 teams in the playoffs and could potentially pose problems for SR. With that said, I do believe SR's D is much improved from last year so we most likely will not see a game of that magnitude again.

Good stuff and a really intriguing rematch. I honestly believe WA is one of the better 4-6 teams in the playoffs and could potentially pose problems for SR. With that said, I do believe SR's D is much improved from last year so we most likely will not see a game of that magnitude again.

But are they really improved? Look at the competition. Western Albemarle has definitely played a tougher schedule. I won't be as skeptical of SR's defense if they start pitching playoff shutouts. Unlikely.

Last edited:
Reactions: LowRider635
But are they really improved? Look at the competition. Western Albemarle has definitely played a tougher schedule. I won't be as skeptical of SR's defense if they start pitching playoff shutouts. Unlikely.
I really don't understand the animosity towards SR... Can you please explain? Certainly, everyone has their opinions and you are an obvious Bville sympathizer, but why so hard on those kids and coaches?

I hate to do the score comparison, but at this point that is all we have to go on. Bville and SR have 2 common opponents:
Liberty:
SRHS won 55-12

Bville won 49-27

JF:
SRHS won 47-36

Bville won 25-23

Offensively
SR averaged 51/game
Bville averaged 37/game Big difference

Defensively
SR gave up 24/game
Bville gave up 25/game Very similar

There are some extenuating circumstances in the JF game, as they were MUCH healthier earlier in the season when SR played them.

For the year, SRHS is averaging 47.4/game
Bville is averaging 32.4/game

Defensively SR is giving up 13.2
BV is giving up 19.1

Records of opponents:
SRHS - 43-57
Bville - 53-47

Has Bville played a "tougher" schedule? Going by this, obviously. BUT each school can't help an already predetermined schedule. That leaves us with common opponents where SR obviously outperformed Bville. Another point to highlight is how early SRHS pulled their starters in the game.

Good luck the rest of the way!

I really don't understand the animosity towards SR... Can you please explain? Certainly, everyone has their opinions and you are an obvious Bville sympathizer, but why so hard on those kids and coaches?

I hate to do the score comparison, but at this point that is all we have to go on. Bville and SR have 2 common opponents:
Liberty:
SRHS won 55-12

Bville won 49-27

JF:
SRHS won 47-36

Bville won 25-23

Offensively
SR averaged 51/game
Bville averaged 37/game Big difference

Defensively
SR gave up 24/game
Bville gave up 25/game Very similar

There are some extenuating circumstances in the JF game, as they were MUCH healthier earlier in the season when SR played them.

For the year, SRHS is averaging 47.4/game
Bville is averaging 32.4/game

Defensively SR is giving up 13.2
BV is giving up 19.1

Records of opponents:
SRHS - 43-57
Bville - 53-47

Has Bville played a "tougher" schedule? Going by this, obviously. BUT each school can't help an already predetermined schedule. That leaves us with common opponents where SR obviously outperformed Bville. Another point to highlight is how early SRHS pulled their starters in the game.

Good luck the rest of the way!

I didn't start this thread about SR, I just commented. I paid attention to them as the season went on because I thought they might be a possible opponent in later rounds. Now it looks like that won't happen. I'm not attacking anyone, just giving my 2 cents in the court of public opinion. Just like when I pay my $5 at the gate - I can go scream as much as I want to. I'm not cursing or using vulgar language, so get over it.

With that in mind, I would like to comment on your post. While I think all that number crunching looks cute, anyone with a brain knows score comparisons don't mean squat. By that logic, SR would beat some teams LB played 150-0. From what I've heard around town, SR has a decent RB and an average line, but because they run a trick play offense they are able to score on teams. Once they're stopped by somebody they'll implode. Just saying what I've heard. My comments on their defense are based on scores I've seen for years and their current schedule. Like I said in my earlier post, if they start shutting out playoff teams, then I'll sit up and take notice. You better worry about Western Albemarle and not Brookville. Hear that might be an upset.

Reactions: HokieTDTech
I didn't start this thread about SR, I just commented. I paid attention to them as the season went on because I thought they might be a possible opponent in later rounds. Now it looks like that won't happen. I'm not attacking anyone, just giving my 2 cents in the court of public opinion. Just like when I pay my $5 at the gate - I can go scream as much as I want to. I'm not cursing or using vulgar language, so get over it.

With that in mind, I would like to comment on your post. While I think all that number crunching looks cute, anyone with a brain knows score comparisons don't mean squat. By that logic, SR would beat some teams LB played 150-0. From what I've heard around town, SR has a decent RB and an average line, but because they run a trick play offense they are able to score on teams. Once they're stopped by somebody they'll implode. Just saying what I've heard. My comments on their defense are based on scores I've seen for years and their current schedule. Like I said in my earlier post, if they start shutting out playoff teams, then I'll sit up and take notice. You better worry about Western Albemarle and not Brookville. Hear that might be an upset.
You need to get out of your mama's basement more... Listen, I was never disrespectful to you but yet you came at me. How about this? Let's simply let the play on the field do the talking. As I stated before, good luck during the playoffs.

I don't understand why WA struggles with SR so much. WA plays against a similar offense to SR every year in Louisa, and does fine. SR's Overstreet is good, but WA has played against similar talent and offensive lines. I mean really, 172 points given up to the same team in two seasons? Is it just that they don't care and give up?

Last edited:
You need to get out of your mama's basement more... Listen, I was never disrespectful to you but yet you came at me. How about this? Let's simply let the play on the field do the talking. As I stated before, good luck during the playoffs.

This game went just as I predicted. SR outscores WA. Some other guy named HokieHating in the Rustburg thread says SR hasn't stopped anyone defensively all year, yet no outrage. No insults. Wonder why that is??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT