ADVERTISEMENT

Stone Bridge @ Martinsburg

For some unknown reason the The Maryland part of the DMV is reluctant to schedule Martinsburg. Would like to see it happen. Although Martinsburg is playing Boys Latin from the Baltimore area. Not considered a football power. Unfortunately you can only play those who agree to play.
What would Martinsburg look like with no transfers?

For some unknown reason the The Maryland part of the DMV is reluctant to schedule Martinsburg. Would like to see it happen. Although Martinsburg is playing Boys Latin from the Baltimore area. Not considered a football power. Unfortunately you can only play those who agree to play.
Teams that can easily fill their schedule locally generally don't have much interest in playing someone new. Before yesterday I'm not sure Quince Orchard had ever played a regular season game outside Montgomery County. Same deal with the closer-in (Regions 6C/6D) Virginia schools.

With some of the matchups this year it looks like teams might be getting more adventurous with their scheduling, so hopefully more interstate games are on the way.

None of those yrs that Salem played Martinsburg were they the top school in C4. Hell they never made it past the semifinals. How quickly you forget about that Highland Springs game from last yr.
Didn't forget about HSHS...I know the series is tied 1-1. Needs to return to the schedule.

None of those yrs that Salem played Martinsburg were they the top school in C4. Hell they never made it past the semifinals. How quickly you forget about that Highland Springs game from last yr.
And in all those meetings, martinsburg handled Salem. Just like they did Stone Bridge Friday. Martinsburg has shown over the last few years they’re competitive with the top tier teams in Virginia. Would they win 4/5/6A every year? Obviously not. But they’re capable of playing with and beating the HS, Maury, SB’s of the world.

And in all those meetings, martinsburg handled Salem. Just like they did Stone Bridge Friday. Martinsburg has shown over the last few years they’re competitive with the top tier teams in Virginia. Would they win 4/5/6A every year? Obviously not. But they’re capable of playing with and beating the HS, Maury, SB’s of the world.
I've been watching Martinsburg for over a decade. Dating back to their first title back in 2010. Walker has taken a team that went 1-9 in his first season and turned them into a power house. Prior to Walker they were just like any other high school. Now they have players from all over the region wanting to play there. That's a huge advantage over most schools when you get some of the players that they have. Especially with the lines. I was surprised that they lost in the semifinals last yr with the line play they had. Then they returned everyone of them.
They will roll through this season.

Last edited:
Yep. Martinsburg's strength is their lines. Hard to just line up and run at them like Salem and Stone Bridge like to do.

I see that Martinsburg and Norview both have the same week off and both only have 9 games scheduled.

I would personally like to see some area teams play Fort Hill in Maryland. I don’t believe they have a large student body but that school has a winning tradition and the community shows out.

I would personally like to see some area teams play Fort Hill in Maryland. I don’t believe they have a large student body but that school has a winning tradition and the community shows out.
Ft. Hill realized about 15 years ago that they could not compete with Martinsburg due to the discrepancy in the student numbers. Ft. Hill can still compete with the other Eastern Panhandle schools.

Ft. Hill realized about 15 years ago that they could not compete with Martinsburg due to the discrepancy in the student numbers. Ft. Hill can still compete with the other Eastern Panhandle schools.
Fort Hill only has 550 students in grades 9-11, They are smaller than Allegany and Mountain Ridge now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT