ADVERTISEMENT

Surprise & Disappointment In 2018?

If you make me pick only one team that I think can win the state, it has to be LB. But, two months before the season starts, making a pick like this is about like playing the lottery.

You always have to wonder about Phoebus. Always a top team, but their track record in the playoffs in recent years leaves me wondering if they can pull everything together enough to go all the way. And, they lost a ton to graduation.

Hopewell..., is Hopewell. I'm not sure they have the same level of talent in the stable to replace what they lost. But, to disregard Coach Irby is a foolish thing.

Heritage? I'm not drinking the kool-aid yet. I don't see James Monroe back in top form. Norcom, I'm afraid they need to rebuild.

Truthfully, I see very few surprises. The usual cast of characters make up the majority of the playoff teams, and only the tried and true teams left after round two of the playoffs.

I don't see Phoebus nor Hopewell being the East favorites much longer now that Lafayette will be moving down to D3.

Reactions: mbonape1
I don't see Phoebus nor Hopewell being the East favorites much longer now that Lafayette will be moving down to D3.
Lafayette moves down to C3 next year, but they should be a perennial contender considering how close they've been in C4.

Lafayette moves down to C3 next year, but they should be a perennial contender considering how close they've been in C4.
Lol, I knew Lafayette was joining D3 in 2019. That's why I stated Hopewell and Phoebus may not be favorites "much longer".

the problem with the Richmond schools are numbers most of them could be 2a schools but that would be a travel problem tj , Armstrong, jm and gw.I thank all of them are around 700 students or just over.
actually Huguenot is C4
Maggie Walker, Wythe and Armstrong have solid C3 numbers
only JM and TJ have C2 attendance numbers

Last edited:
You know something EP, this is sure going to be a fun season again. Lots of questions and excitement in all Class levels, not just C3. And just think about next year! A lot of class level changes, a few district realignments, and the start of a new cycle, so there will be a lot of changes it the OOD matchups.

Wow, I'm excited.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
You know something EP, this is sure going to be a fun season again. Lots of questions and excitement in all Class levels, not just C3. And just think about next year! A lot of class level changes, a few district realignments, and the start of a new cycle, so there will be a lot of changes it the OOD matchups.

Wow, I'm excited.
as am I
unfortunately we will have to wait until September 2019.
The RVA area press has not explored C2 like we should have but with both JM and TJ in C2 Region A, the press will be covering C2 more. I am gonna even show up on the C2 page. :p

football season is about a month 1/2 away Hopewell plays I c norcom aug 24th at Hopewell any other games that day.

football season is about a month 1/2 away Hopewell plays I c norcom aug 24th at Hopewell any other games that day.

Your right @10iceman10 that one will be a good one for class 3 in the east. I wonder if Norcom will be good this year. I imagine probably but I think they graduated their big back.

I agree fully about MV. Coach Favero certainly knows how to coach. But he has his hands full with that bunch. And it seems to get worse every year.

We tried to get a game with them. Coach is interested, but he is trying to keep his games closer to home. I would love for it to work out. I've been wanting to go to a game in the "Hole" for years.

DSH, I'm not sure who travels first next year between us and GW. I think you travel to Dinwiddie first. And I think our N Stafford game will be at Dinwiddie too. When we fill the third game, I believe it will be away, if possible. That would give us an equal 5 home, 5 away. But nothing is for certain that far out. Heck, who knows, Dinwiddie may be Class 2 by then. (Other teams keep stealing our players)!

MV kids this season are totally different from the past two years. Sportsmanship, character and attitude have been stressed and addressed by the whole coaching staff. I like this group, they know the meaning of team, they respect each other and their opposition. The Warrior nation will be proud of the 2018 edition of its football team.

MV kids this season are totally different from the past two years. Sportsmanship, character and attitude have been stressed and addressed by the whole coaching staff. I like this group, they know the meaning of team, they respect each other and their opposition. The Warrior nation will be proud of the 2018 edition of its football team.
I'm truly glad to hear that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT