ADVERTISEMENT

#SurvivingVUL

If y’all are following this on Twitter, it’s insane!

Virginia University of Lynchburg FYI..
Maaan Idk what you are referring to but I can only imagine. No offense but I would never encourage our kids to go there during my time at Glass. I grew up in Lynchburg so I've seen the "facilities" and "campus" and I knew all about how they operate. Not knocking anyone for trying to find a way out but I knew it wasn't a good fit for our guys from Glass.

Last edited:
I have a Twitter page that highlights recruitment in Roa/Lyn/S&SWVA. I don't promote anyone when they get an offer there because I don't want to encourage anyone to go there. Even though I hate it for the kids, 3 Glass kids just got offers. My brother was a subcontractor for some of the renovation work and he said it was not good to start with and the university cut a lot of corners. There are a couple of other schools I don't promote for other, similar reasons

Cliff notes version for those of us that avoid Twitter like the plague?
Wish I knew what was going on.
Their former recruiting coordinator is exposing the dilapidated conditions of housing, lack of education, no trainers, old equipment, cafeteria, promises the head coach made, etc. I’m surprised it took this long for the place to be exposed. I’ll post some tweets later on for you all that don’t have twitter.

Colleges have become giant scams designed to impart as little as possible while sucking up every dime you own and the next million of those you stand to make with that degree (which no longer actually guarantees you a decent starting salary and security).

The cost of education for the value received is one of the biggest jokes this country produces (among many big jokes like healthcare). Six figures for an education which may or may not get you going beyond $40k/year meanwhile our peer countries have somehow miraculously figured out how to subsidize it so nobody has to go broke and everyone comes out ahead. Someone getting a Harvard education in the 70s needed part-time work to pay it off, now kids exit with debt they spend the next 10-20 years paying off. Lazy jerkoff parents who got their degrees for pennies on the dollar pulled the ladder up behind them to make sure their kids were looking up when they gave them the finger.

Reactions: CaesarEagle
Colleges have become giant scams designed to impart as little as possible while sucking up every dime you own and the next million of those you stand to make with that degree (which no longer actually guarantees you a decent starting salary and security).

The cost of education for the value received is one of the biggest jokes this country produces (among many big jokes like healthcare). Six figures for an education which may or may not get you going beyond $40k/year meanwhile our peer countries have somehow miraculously figured out how to subsidize it so nobody has to go broke and everyone comes out ahead. Someone getting a Harvard education in the 70s needed part-time work to pay it off, now kids exit with debt they spend the next 10-20 years paying off. Lazy jerkoff parents who got their degrees for pennies on the dollar pulled the ladder up behind them to make sure their kids were looking up when they gave them the finger.
The subsidizing you speak in other countries are the citizens tax dollars. I have colleagues in other countries (mainly France); they pay roughly 65% in taxes (USA is roughly 15%) Everything comes at a cost which is typically paid by the citizens. Either collectively pay for others education or pay for your own.

All that glitters is not gold....

Reactions: falcettik
Their former recruiting coordinator is exposing the dilapidated conditions of housing, lack of education, no trainers, old equipment, cafeteria, promises the head coach made, etc. I’m surprised it took this long for the place to be exposed. I’ll post some tweets later on for you all that don’t have twitter.
Half the lawyers in Virginia are probably trying to line up potential clients at VUL. IF these things generate a deeper dive the leadership at VUL and their insurers will likely need to make sure the i's are dotted and t's crossed on all documentation.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
The subsidizing you speak in other countries are the citizens tax dollars. I have colleagues in other countries (mainly France); they pay roughly 65% in taxes (USA is roughly 15%) Everything comes at a cost which is typically paid by the citizens. Either collectively pay for others education or pay for your own.

All that glitters is not gold....

France does not pay 65% in taxes and neither does the US pay 15% (what in god's earth are you even trying to pass off there, on what freaking planet has a check of yours only ever had 15% taken out of it?). Yes, it's subsidized, welcome to how the modern world works. In turn, that money is spent on schools and guess what, kids aren't eating Chicken X (or whatever monstrosity is in that pic above) and there aren't holes in dorm floors.

This is similar to how 32 of the 33 modernized countries of the world figured out healthcare. Instead of people going broke by being sick (currently the American way we seem to be so proud of), they figured out that everyone picking up a piece of the tab is better. Isn't it strange how we're the only country on the planet that can't grasp this concept?

And again, that wouldn't be necessary if useless, now senile Boomers didn't pull the ladder up behind them. Gifted a country of promise through the blood of their parents, turned it into a wasteland of slush funds, double-dipping pensions, and dystopian hellscape where Advils cost $25 and you spend $10,000 to have a child and $100,000+ to send it to college.

France does not pay 65% in taxes and neither does the US pay 15% (what in god's earth are you even trying to pass off there, on what freaking planet has a check of yours only ever had 15% taken out of it?). Yes, it's subsidized, welcome to how the modern world works. In turn, that money is spent on schools and guess what, kids aren't eating Chicken X (or whatever monstrosity is in that pic above) and there aren't holes in dorm floors.

This is similar to how 32 of the 33 modernized countries of the world figured out healthcare. Instead of people going broke by being sick (currently the American way we seem to be so proud of), they figured out that everyone picking up a piece of the tab is better. Isn't it strange how we're the only country on the planet that can't grasp this concept?

And again, that wouldn't be necessary if useless, now senile Boomers didn't pull the ladder up behind them. Gifted a country of promise through the blood of their parents, turned it into a wasteland of slush funds, double-dipping pensions, and dystopian hellscape where Advils cost $25 and you spend $10,000 to have a child and $100,000+ to send it to college.
So I guess a coworker showing me their actual paystub when I was in France 6 weeks ago was a dream. Thanks for clearing that up.

Also, the subsidizing typically takes place for public universities and colleges which VUL is not. They can spend any money they receive (aside from any government aid) how they see fit. A simple Google search provided me that info.

This country was built on lies, theft and laziness. Shame on you for thinking things shifted do to Boomers lolllll.

Reactions: falcettik
In the United States, the average single worker faced a net average tax rate of 24.8% in 2022, compared with the OECD average of 24.6%. In other words, in the United States the take-home pay of an average single worker, after tax and benefits, was 75.2% of their gross wage, compared with the OECD average of 75.4%.

The tax wedge for the average single worker in France increased by 0.1 percentage points from 46.9% in 2021 to 47.0% in 2022. The OECD average tax wedge in 2022 was 34.6% (2021, 34.6%). In 2022, France had the 3rd highest tax wedge among the 38 OECD member countries, compared with 4th in 2021.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
This was what I found on Google.

In contrast to the US combined rate of 15.3%, European rates range between 13.97% (not including medical insurance and pension contributions) in Switzerland and a whopping 65-68% in France, based on the 2022 table by Trading Economics.

Reactions: ThevinStealberg
I remember several years ago there was an article written about how students showed up for the start of the year on move in day and the school didn't have enough dorm rooms for all the students.

I believe his youngest son was at Myers Park when they recruited Drake Maye (Hough) and kids from GA, TX, CA, AL and all over Charlotte living together in three or four different houses. Dude has been sketchy. There's a lot out there.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I believe his youngest son was at Myers Park when they recruited Drake Maye (Hough) and kids from GA, TX, CA, AL and all over Charlotte living together in three or four different houses. Dude has been sketchy. There's a lot out there.
Yep then he transferred to South Meck.. I think both of his sons play at Johnson C. Smith.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT