ADVERTISEMENT

Tazewell County teams kick off tomorrow.

19GHS87

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 10, 2016
Graham vs. Richlands
Tazewell vs. Riverheads
Can't wait.

Here are a couple previews from the local station.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Graham defeated Richlands 33-13
Tazewell fell to Riverheads 28-17

All 3 teams had a lot of miscues, mistakes and sloppy play. I guess you can't expect much more on week 1 with no scrimmages and no games in 15 months.

19GHS87, I posted this in another thread. I was very impressed with Tazewell. A couple of miscues and that game could have easily gone another way, and Riverheads is the absolute real deal. I also think Richlands looked much better than the score showed. Richlands is pretty good up front. Graham looked like....Graham. Again, a threat to win the state title and no surprise if they are playing in it. With Region D, it's a shame that only 1 team can come out of that thing with the likes of Graham, Central, Union, Tazewell, Richlands, and Ridgeview. I would be very surprised if all 6 of those teams were not in the top 10 best AA teams in the state this year. That's a very, very deep region, but I haven't seen the rest of the teams in the valley, central Virginia, or the teams close the coast like Poquoson. They for sure will have some solid play. The district with the Draft, Riverheads, and Staunton is always as tough as they come, and I don't see Draft slowing down a bit from where they left off last year after watching them play on NFHS. That's a bad outfit, and of course, Appo is still Appo. Even though the season is shortened, it's going to be fun.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT