ADVERTISEMENT

TEAMS WITH 3 WINS OR LESS DESERVE PLAYOFFS?

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Teams with less than three wins last night was 0 for 10 not counting todays games. remember that I posted that the winning teams probably subed early and not for that the scores would been worse than they were. 8 0f the 10 wins was by 4 td's or more with 5 shutouts. on average the winning teams averaged 40 points and gave up a little over 4 points a game. now all you people that said teams like this deserve to be in now how you feel?
now I approved of the 4 and 6 teams making it but now I don't know. they played 14 games and 1 team won. average points by the winner was over 52 points a game and the losers with 1 winner 11 a game. there was a 70 to 0 game two 40 to 0 games a 63 to 0 game a 69 to 30 game a 50 to 17 game and a 52 to 13 game and only 1 close loss 13 to 6. remember most of the winning coaches have such a big lead they sub early and the losers score on the subs. LORD knows what the scores would have been if they left in their starters. you sure this group should be rewarded by getting in?
now I still believe the 5 and 5 teams should be the cut off line but they didn't do much better. they played in 21 games and won but 3.there was scores like 56 to 14 49 to 14 48 to 12 42 to 0 63 to 21 48 to 0 54 to 16 there are more lopsided wins that I won't mention. yall be the judge do I need to say more. sorry ROD your theory of all these teams being rewarded by making the playoffs don't float my boat! vhsl you need to make the playoffs better by giving teams that deserve to be in the playoffs a shot and let the weaker teams pack up their bags and stay home and get ready for basketball.

This post was edited on 11/15 6:46 PM by skynard1

This post was edited on 11/15 7:19 PM by skynard1

This post was edited on 11/15 9:34 PM by skynard1

Re: TEAMS WITH LESS THAN 3 WINS DESERVE IN PLAYOFFS?

Couldn't agree more with you Skynard. I don't think any teams with a .500 record or worse should ever make the playoffs.

"Oh but they played a tough schedule..."

WHO cares? They played a tough schedule and lost and odds are in 98% of those cases those tough opponents minus maybe one or two are in your own class...

In Divisions 5/6 I can agree with that. Starting with Division 4 you have to pay attention to the teams schedule. In the Old Central Reion, all of the 3 & 4 schools play schedules lined with 5 and 6 schools. Petersburg and Hopewell, both 4-6, won today.

The give everyone a trophy argument doesn't hold a lot of water because in the end only 1team gets a trophy at the end. If we truly care about the young adults that play this game we all love, then why do so many complain about giving these young adults a chance to experience something that could help then down the road in life. .

Let's just say that all teams that played this weekend started at 0-0 in the Post Season. The 3A post season has seen some great first round games. Teams seeded 9, 11, 12, 13 and 16 won. Let the fun continue........

3A completely ruined my arguement that there should only be 8 teams to qualify for the playoffs in each region. There's no way, however, that any of the lower seeded teams make it out of the semifinals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT