ADVERTISEMENT

The Battlefield for 25 August

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
The 2017 football season is under way and the first week of play for the Battlefield District is here! It’s been a long, long wait but I am super excited!

Since this is week one, here’s my yearly disclaimer. All the thoughts and predictions here are mine. I use a little math, my eyes and ears, some critical thinking and sometimes just a wild guess. There is nothing here that should be taken as derogatory or as bad mouthing anyone, any player, any team or any coaching staff. The sole intent of this weekly is to stimulate a little talk on the board about the Battlefield District. I am proud of all of these teams, wish them lots of luck, and go out of my way to ensure I am sitting in the stands every Friday night! Their hard work and dedication needs to be seen and it will be the best six dollars you spend all week!

Caroline @ JR Tucker

This is actually a tough one to call. I believe both of these teams will be improved this year. The question is which one takes the biggest step. I know very little about JR Tucker but I know that Caroline holds a lot of talent. The Cavs just have to translate that talent to success on the field. When I have games before me like this, I always lean toward the Battlefield. Caroline starts this year off with a positive note. The Cavs get the W.

Chancellor @ Massaponax

Last year a star filled Chancellor dealt Massaponax their first regular season defeat in something like 3 seasons. This year both of these teams are in a little bit of a rebuilding mode trying to replace the core of seniors they lost. Chancellor is also under new leadership and a new system. The good news is the new system won’t be as much of a problem as some think. The bad is the Panthers are still stinging from that loss last year and they are very well in tune with their system. The Chargers need to mature very quickly in this game and bring it all night long! Just not sure it’ll be enough in this first outing. I have no doubt they can, the question is if they will. I’m going to give them a challenge to prove me wrong. Massaponax gets the W.

Courtland @ Louisa

This is going to be one tough, physical game! Louisa is loaded and Courtland is not that far behind. If I wasn’t in the stands watching the Chargers, this is where I’d be. So, the question is who is tougher? I think the Cougars are coming on strong after a somewhat down year last year but not as far as the Lions. Louisa takes the W.

Eastern View vs Culpeper

This match up perplexes me. This should be a rival game of huge proportions. Unfortunately, it seems Eastern View has owned it from day one. Would absolutely love to see this match up more competitive. I know Culpeper has talent, they have to get folks out of the hallways and on the field. This year the Cyclones are continuing their roll. EV gets the W.

King George @ Tuscarora

Don’t know much about the Huskies. But, 5A tells me they probably have some depth and they made it to the first round of the playoffs last year. King George is a tough out on any Friday night. I’m a little concerned about what the Foxes bring back and this being game 1. Gonna be a slug fest for sure. In the end though, I’m going to go with Tuscarora. I just think they’ll bring a little more.

James Monroe vs Stafford

What a match up that brings back memories. These two beat up on each other for years! JM is tough! And they will be tough this year. The biggest concern I have is Stafford now has one of JM’s star players from last year and the starting RB from last years Chancellor team. That could prove to be something very tough for the Jackets to overcome. But, I would not bet the farm they won’t! My bet is the Jackets will TCB and come home with the W.

Spotsylvania vs Colonial Beach

What a difference a year makes! I hear absolutely nothing but good vibes from out off 208! Kinda scary! There has never been a doubt the Knight have talent. It’s getting that talent on the field. New head coach, new staff, and all I hear is look out! And that’s awesome! Spotsy starts the year off with a very tough nut to crack. Colonial Beach shook the 1A world last year. Will that translate to this year? Will it be enough to rock the Knights in game 1? I dunno. I’m so excited with what I hear, I am staying with the Knights. Spotsy gets the W.

Good luck to the players and the coaching staffs this week and for the rest of the season! Fans … get out and cheer your favorite teams on! Its week 1 and week 10 will be here before you know it! Don't miss a single opportunity!

I'll take Tucker over Caroline. After Caroline being on our schedule the last two years, it's hard to imagine them being drastically improved. Not that you need to be drastically improved to beat Tucker. I'd like to see both of those teams be more competitive and this might actually be a hell of a game for teams that might find wins hard to come bye.

The 2017 football season is under way and the first week of play for the Battlefield District is here! It’s been a long, long wait but I am super excited!

Since this is week one, here’s my yearly disclaimer. All the thoughts and predictions here are mine. I use a little math, my eyes and ears, some critical thinking and sometimes just a wild guess. There is nothing here that should be taken as derogatory or as bad mouthing anyone, any player, any team or any coaching staff. The sole intent of this weekly is to stimulate a little talk on the board about the Battlefield District. I am proud of all of these teams, wish them lots of luck, and go out of my way to ensure I am sitting in the stands every Friday night! Their hard work and dedication needs to be seen and it will be the best six dollars you spend all week!

Caroline @ JR Tucker

This is actually a tough one to call. I believe both of these teams will be improved this year. The question is which one takes the biggest step. I know very little about JR Tucker but I know that Caroline holds a lot of talent. The Cavs just have to translate that talent to success on the field. When I have games before me like this, I always lean toward the Battlefield. Caroline starts this year off with a positive note. The Cavs get the W.

Chancellor @ Massaponax

Last year a star filled Chancellor dealt Massaponax their first regular season defeat in something like 3 seasons. This year both of these teams are in a little bit of a rebuilding mode trying to replace the core of seniors they lost. Chancellor is also under new leadership and a new system. The good news is the new system won’t be as much of a problem as some think. The bad is the Panthers are still stinging from that loss last year and they are very well in tune with their system. The Chargers need to mature very quickly in this game and bring it all night long! Just not sure it’ll be enough in this first outing. I have no doubt they can, the question is if they will. I’m going to give them a challenge to prove me wrong. Massaponax gets the W.

Courtland @ Louisa

This is going to be one tough, physical game! Louisa is loaded and Courtland is not that far behind. If I wasn’t in the stands watching the Chargers, this is where I’d be. So, the question is who is tougher? I think the Cougars are coming on strong after a somewhat down year last year but not as far as the Lions. Louisa takes the W.

Eastern View vs Culpeper

This match up perplexes me. This should be a rival game of huge proportions. Unfortunately, it seems Eastern View has owned it from day one. Would absolutely love to see this match up more competitive. I know Culpeper has talent, they have to get folks out of the hallways and on the field. This year the Cyclones are continuing their roll. EV gets the W.

King George @ Tuscarora

Don’t know much about the Huskies. But, 5A tells me they probably have some depth and they made it to the first round of the playoffs last year. King George is a tough out on any Friday night. I’m a little concerned about what the Foxes bring back and this being game 1. Gonna be a slug fest for sure. In the end though, I’m going to go with Tuscarora. I just think they’ll bring a little more.

James Monroe vs Stafford

What a match up that brings back memories. These two beat up on each other for years! JM is tough! And they will be tough this year. The biggest concern I have is Stafford now has one of JM’s star players from last year and the starting RB from last years Chancellor team. That could prove to be something very tough for the Jackets to overcome. But, I would not bet the farm they won’t! My bet is the Jackets will TCB and come home with the W.

Spotsylvania vs Colonial Beach

What a difference a year makes! I hear absolutely nothing but good vibes from out off 208! Kinda scary! There has never been a doubt the Knight have talent. It’s getting that talent on the field. New head coach, new staff, and all I hear is look out! And that’s awesome! Spotsy starts the year off with a very tough nut to crack. Colonial Beach shook the 1A world last year. Will that translate to this year? Will it be enough to rock the Knights in game 1? I dunno. I’m so excited with what I hear, I am staying with the Knights. Spotsy gets the W.

Good luck to the players and the coaching staffs this week and for the rest of the season! Fans … get out and cheer your favorite teams on! Its week 1 and week 10 will be here before you know it! Don't miss a single opportunity!

Caroline/ Tucker:
Really don't know much about either team other than Caroline being in the gutter. Tucker with the win

Massaponax over Chancellor:
No shoot out this year...

Courtland/ Louisa:
Game of the week right here. Courtland keeps it close but think Louisa being at home pulls this one out.

EV/ Culpeper:
EV wins big....

KG/Tuscarora:
Tuscy with a big win

JM/ Stafford:
Other than Courtland/Louisa I think this game could also be the game of the week. Don't sleep on Stafford with all their transfers. I'm going with Stafford in an upset.

Spotsy/ C. Beach:
Spotsy with the win. I think Spotsy gets a few more wins this year.

Courtland/ Louisa:
Game of the week right here. Courtland keeps it close but think Louisa being at home pulls this one out.

I think Louisa beats Courtland by 2+ scores.

Reactions: OCBoy
I would agree with the two score margin, It will be close for the most part until late when the youngsters tire from tackling the big guy or big guys! However, Courtland is absolutely huge and tall this year especially on the offensive and defensive lines and are bigger than Louisa. I think it will be the senior leadership and home field that powers Louisa to the win. Courtland has three fantastic Junior RB's that will deal a blow, but the 5 star stud on the Louisa defense should be enough to take the game. Honestly this could get away from Courtland if they do not come to play! one side note is that a couple starters from last year that did not play in this game will play on both offense and defense this year.Louisa will ned to limit the mistakes and turnovers. Courtland needs to play a perfect game.

Let one thing out and that is foe the first time in ages, Courtland is going with almost 50 players on Varsity! They have a decent amount of very good subs for once.

Caroline/ Tucker:
Really don't know much about either team other than Caroline being in the gutter. Tucker with the win

Courtland/ Louisa:

EV/ Culpeper:
EV wins big....

KG/Tuscarora:
Tuscy with a big win

JM/ Stafford:
Other than Courtland/Louisa I think this game could also be the game of the week. Don't sleep on Stafford with all their transfers. I'm going with Stafford in an upset.

Spotsy/ C. Beach:
OCBoy, I'm getting mixed messages about JM. My gut is they will be fine. But I've seen enough reports that it's not coming together for them yet. Back to my gut, Serbay can fix what ails them.

Reactions: OCBoy
Caroline/ Tucker:

Courtland/ Louisa:

EV/ Culpeper:
EV wins big....

KG/Tuscarora:
Tuscy with a big win

JM/ Stafford:

Spotsy/ C. Beach:
Stafford 5A beating 3A JM is a upset? @OCBoy come on man!

Reactions: falcettik
Si
I would agree with the two score margin, It will be close for the most part until late when the youngsters tire from tackling the big guy or big guys! However, Courtland is absolutely huge and tall this year especially on the offensive and defensive lines and are bigger than Louisa. I think it will be the senior leadership and home field that powers Louisa to the win. Courtland has three fantastic Junior RB's that will deal a blow, but the 5 star stud on the Louisa defense should be enough to take the game. Honestly this could get away from Courtland if they do not come to play! one side note is that a couple starters from last year that did not play in this game will play on both offense and defense this year.Louisa will ned to limit the mistakes and turnovers. Courtland needs to play a perfect game.
size don't matter bro, it's all about heart !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT