ADVERTISEMENT

The most lopsided upsets you have ever witnessed or played in

woodlayer#952002

VaPreps Varsity
Oct 26, 2012
Last night was not the worst upset i have seen i played in my opinion the worst upset back in 2001 against sussex so i know how and why the boys lost last night nobody gave Washington lee a chance but Washington lee and franklin over looked them eyeballing next weeks game coaches probably didnt game plan for them just assumed they would roll over just like we did back in 2001 against Sussex we beat them in the regular season 21 to 0 just dominated them first round of the playoffs were the top seed we draw Sussex so we think we gonna dominated them again but it didn't happen the out play us and whipped us 42 to 12 aljamont rose was born that game he came up from jv im assuming and put something tough on us. But back to last nights game once you get down like franklin did its hard to claw your way back seems like everything yhe other team do works and nothing you do will work. I think that Sussex team were like 4-6 that year but they put a run together and made it to the title game. So watch out essex lol congratulations to Washington lee

Reactions: MGF
Easy one for me. King William 37, Essex 21 in 2007. Essex was unbeaten and had beaten KW by 2 TDs during the regular season. KW was 1-5 after 6 games but switched away from their traditional double wing set to finish the regular season 5-5. After beating Lancaster in the first round, they shocked Essex on a Saturday afternoon in Tappahannock. It was the Cavs' final hurrah that season as they lost to eventual state champ Gretna 42-0 the following week.

Reactions: RappriverEHS
Yes Redman was a Freshman, couldn't believe Brooks went to the Spread

That was definitely a huge upset. That also turned out to be Brooke's last win in his 35 year career at King William. Even today he says that was one of his finest coaching jobs.

Marcus Temple graduated the year before. He wasnt on that 07 team. He was suspended the first half of the W&L regional championship in 05, I believe, which was his junior year. His senior year in 06, KW lost to Essex.

I was a local HS football stringer for the Smyth County News from '86-'89.

In '87 Marion HS had probably their best team ever10-0 regular season. There were more than a few who thought they were the favorite in AA.

Marion played what I consider one of the best HS games I've seen. Radford HS @ Marion. Marion won 19-17.

On September 25th Marion shellacked Virginia High 24-6 @ Marion.

After a 28-16 over a decent Tazewell team on 11/13, VA High came calling on a very cold Saturday afternoon and routed Marion 34-12 and it wasn't that close.

Yes he went to Hargrave one year. The running backs on that 07 team were Clinton Hill and Jamar Carter. Essex beat Temple and KW, 34-7, in the regional championship in 06, which was Temple's senior year. In his junior year in the regional championship against W&L, he had to sit out the first half, for having a phone at school. W&L won that game, 36-6, I believe.

Yes he went to Hargrave one year. The running backs on that 07 team were Clinton Hill and Jamar Carter. Essex beat Temple and KW, 34-7, in the regional championship in 06, which was Temple's senior year. In his junior year in the regional championship against W&L, he had to sit out the first half, for having a phone at school. W&L won that game, 36-6, I believe.
It's all coming back to me know, old and senile.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Last night was not the worst upset i have seen i played in my opinion the worst upset back in 2001 against sussex so i know how and why the boys lost last night nobody gave Washington lee a chance but Washington lee and franklin over looked them eyeballing next weeks game coaches probably didnt game plan for them just assumed they would roll over just like we did back in 2001 against Sussex we beat them in the regular season 21 to 0 just dominated them first round of the playoffs were the top seed we draw Sussex so we think we gonna dominated them again but it didn't happen the out play us and whipped us 42 to 12 aljamont rose was born that game he came up from jv im assuming and put something tough on us. But back to last nights game once you get down like franklin did its hard to claw your way back seems like everything yhe other team do works and nothing you do will work. I think that Sussex team were like 4-6 that year but they put a run together and made it to the title game. So watch out essex lol congratulations to Washington lee

Sussex was 6-4 that year. Rose was starting on defense. He played RB against yall because one of the other backs was out with an injury. Don't feel bad Matthews beat them that yr in the REGULAR season LOL. Sussex was down 19-0 in the regional championship game and came back to beat Matthews 20-19 that year.

It's UVA...never an upset in any loss they're involved in. Same with VT..nothing ever shocks me with them either.

It's funny how certain teams can win games they should lose and then turn around and lose games they should win and do it on a regular basis. Just makes you shake your head.

Reactions: mmqp
It's funny how certain teams can win games they should lose and then turn around and lose games they should win and do it on a regular basis. Just makes you shake your head.

Both have a knack for letting their fans down. It's not a question of if, it's a question of when. Last year the big let down was UMBC in baskeball, this year the let down was ODU in football. I wonder if UVA will be able to get the win in football this year.

Last year W&L over CB in the playoffs the week after CB blasted them. What a crazy turnaround in one week.

Watched bath beat east mont in playoff game after loosing to them by about 40 earlier in year. Than temple over vatech in 98 I think

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT