ADVERTISEMENT

The New George Wythe High School will have New Name...

EP Jr. is not at all concerned about that 55%... unless it suits his motives at the moment. It's obvious he has some hate issues that he needs to work on. And yes, I'm aware that by daring to say such things I'll be up to 7.0 soon enough..heck someone blocked ol' 5.0 even though I had not posted here for at least 6 months previously.

As far as the name change goes? Southside would have sounded good and made the most sense. South Richmond would have sounded good... but nah, lets go with Richmond-plus a whole lotta of stuff on the end.. the Richmond High name should have gone to the oldest high school and/or the most centrally located school in Richmond. I would assume that would be either TJ or John Marshall? And lets face it, if EP Jr. and his ilk have their way both of those names will be cancelled soon enough as it is. So they should have held off on that Richmond moniker for a year or two.
oh
I didn't realize I had an ilk
but yes as soon as they get around to building a new high school north of the river those names will be cancelled.
No apologies or shame in my game.
So you and your MAGA ilk can try pointing fingers but no one can beat you folk with racism.
You got too much of a head start.

oh
I didn't realize I had an ilk
but yes as soon as they get around to building a new high school north of the river those names will be cancelled.
No apologies or shame in my game.
So you and your MAGA ilk can try pointing fingers but no one can beat you folk with racism.
You got too much of a head start.
Well at least you're willing to admit what you are instead of trying to play your usual "victim" role.

And no doubt those schools will have their names erased. All I was saying was that in your haste to show your hatred for white people (and hispanic along with asian folks) you should have thought out the names of the schools better. Or heck, just change the names a second time in the future, it'll be someone else's money anyway. No shame in that at all.

Hopefully changing the names of these schools will help fix all the extreme issues Richmond is having.

Goodness.. I've made two posts without you trying to "erase" me yet lol

EP Jr. is not at all concerned about that 55%... unless it suits his motives at the moment. It's obvious he has some hate issues that he needs to work on. And yes, I'm aware that by daring to say such things I'll be up to 7.0 soon enough..heck someone blocked ol' 5.0 even though I had not posted here for at least 6 months previously.

As far as the name change goes? Southside would have sounded good and made the most sense. South Richmond would have sounded good... but nah, lets go with Richmond-plus a whole lotta of stuff on the end.. the Richmond High name should have gone to the oldest high school and/or the most centrally located school in Richmond. I would assume that would be either TJ or John Marshall? And lets face it, if EP Jr. and his ilk have their way both of those names will be cancelled soon enough as it is. So they should have held off on that Richmond moniker for a year or two.
FACTS ARE NOT HATE ISSUES! My niece is a teacher at the school and when a majority of every class she teaches is a majority Latino….it’s a FACT! I don’t care if that hurt your feeble feelings. If these leaders of this school had any kind of brains, they would do exactly what the other city schools doing. Change your schedule! Play against teams, that you can actually be competitive against. No kid wants to continually work his butt off every day in practice to take a butt whooping every Friday night. Go check out the schedule, that Armstrong, John Marshall, and TJ have put together. The numbers will return if players think they have a chance to win. 45% of 1000 students can put together a pretty decent D2 or D3 team. The 55% Latinos do not play American football. LOOK AT MEADOWBROOK! Imagine what they’re going to go through playing in Division 6 now. I have work in the George Wythe area, in the apartments across the street, and I can tell you now, the statistics are right. A name change will not change the image. Give the kids a reason to play, and they will play. Send them out every day to take a beating on Friday night, and they’re not coming out. FACTS!

speaking of trying to play victim
that is the latest MAGA tactic
nobody is buying it and nobody cares
about your phony claims to want to preserve history
Hey, I'm all for changing the names of schools if it translates to the schools providing a higher quality education for the students, though I'm sure "quality" education to you means a curriculum heavy in CRT and "equity" in the classroom in regards to grades.

And I'm all for changing names in Richmond if it would help lower the high crime rates in what was once a beautiful city, now turned to a dump.

Do you feel these name changes will accomplish either? Simple question.

Blaming "MAGA" for all of your shortcomings is so passé. It's 2023 now, not 2020.

FACTS ARE NOT HATE ISSUES! My niece is a teacher at the school and when a majority of every class she teaches is a majority Latino….it’s a FACT! I don’t care if that hurt your feeble feelings. If these leaders of this school had any kind of brains, they would do exactly what the other city schools doing. Change your schedule! Play against teams, that you can actually be competitive against. No kid wants to continually work his butt off every day in practice to take a butt whooping every Friday night. Go check out the schedule, that Armstrong, John Marshall, and TJ have put together. The numbers will return if players think they have a chance to win. 45% of 1000 students can put together a pretty decent D2 or D3 team. The 55% Latinos do not play American football. LOOK AT MEADOWBROOK! Imagine what they’re going to go through playing in Division 6 now. I have work in the George Wythe area, in the apartments across the street, and I can tell you now, the statistics are right. A name change will not change the image. Give the kids a reason to play, and they will play. Send them out every day to take a beating on Friday night, and they’re not coming out. FACTS!
So latino students do not matter?

How is that lawsuit going against the VHSL?

So latino students do not matter?

How is that lawsuit going against the VHSL?
On the football field,the Latinos DON’T matter,because they don’t play! They don’t matter AT ALL in my world!

Oh I have no doubt about that at all. But no one really cares about "your world" thankfully.

Between your obvious sociopathic tendencies and EpJr's misplaced hatred of other races you two make quite a team.
Lmao! You pathetic b@$t….sociopathic tendencies?! Lmmfao! You can’t possibly be this dumb! In MY WORLD of HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS,the Latinos DON’T matter. They do, however, hurt the other kids in their school with their over blown enrollment. In this forum, they don’t matter because they don’t play. If this were a soccer forum, I might have to care, but this is football,so I don’t have to give a crap. With the proper enrollment, schools like Meadowbrook and George Wythe would be competitive on the football field, in the proper division. A few schools in Northern Virginia have become this way as well. Look at the schools such as Colgan and Hylton. Hylton used to be a State Power, but now they’re overrun with Latinos, and have become a kicking boy.

In my professional world, they keep the cost of jobsites down,because they work for cheap. I can charge clients based on the national minimum wage standards, and then that puts more money in my pocket.

ha!
you just joined on Friday
talk about having an agenda
how are the Latin kids at TJ, RHS and MBK doing in soccer and baseball
you probably have no idea?

ha!
you just joined on Friday
talk about having an agenda
how are the Latin kids at TJ, RHS and MBK doing in soccer and baseball
you probably have no idea?
That is exactly why the Meadowbrook soccer team was so good last year. They also had a pretty good tennis team if I remember correctly..

That is exactly why the Meadowbrook soccer team was so good last year. They also had a pretty good tennis team if I remember correctly..
all they needed was a new coach dedicated to the kids
he love the kids and make barbeque for them to forge some team unity.
(I live near MBK )

Reactions: HooSprings
RPS is short 200 teachers, 2 weeks before school starts. It’s very sad that we live in a world where we’re more divided on a name change than we are of the quality of education our future generations are getting. Most likely long term subs and teachers with no licensure will fill these positions and be in these positions for all year meaning these kids will be glued to online learning and busy work in most cases. The kids are getting the short end of stick. Sad, sad, sad.

RPS is short 200 teachers, 2 weeks before school starts. It’s very sad that we live in a world where we’re more divided on a name change than we are of the quality of education our future generations are getting. Most likely long term subs and teachers with no licensure will fill these positions and be in these positions for all year meaning these kids will be glued to online learning and busy work in most cases. The kids are getting the short end of stick. Sad, sad, sad.
they are short every year and will continue to be so as long as teaching is not given a higher priority budget wise.

they are short every year and will continue to be so as long as teaching is not given a higher priority budget wise.
RPS employees make a lot compared to other areas in VA and they have quite a few of resources. Not where it should be but definitely not as bad as most make it.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
RPS employees make a lot compared to other areas in VA and they have quite a few of resources. Not where it should be but definitely not as bad as most make it.
I shake my head year after year when the poor performance of a school system is made to appear that it is a result of under funding. Sure, there is always the need for increased funding, but throwing money at the shortcomings has not, and will not, ever fix the problems. Unfortunately, I don’t know what will solve the problems. I just know that more and more money by itself ain’t the answer.

I shake my head year after year when the poor performance of a school system is made to appear that it is a result of under funding. Sure, there is always the need for increased funding, but throwing money at the shortcomings has not, and will not, ever fix the problems. Unfortunately, I don’t know what will solve the problems. I just know that more and more money by itself ain’t the answer.
Amen DP! We can sit here all day coming up with what will work, but it’s just time to start holding the parents accountable. I think that’s the biggest failure within our education system. Teachers are tired of getting cursed out, fought and telling kids 50x to put their cell phones away. It’s just not worth the 60k plus getting blamed when the child falls behind or is not successful. Being a teacher is hard and I have a great appreciation for what they do.

Amen DP! We can sit here all day coming up with what will work, but it’s just time to start holding the parents accountable. I think that’s the biggest failure within our education system. Teachers are tired of getting cursed out, fought and telling kids 50x to put their cell phones away. It’s just not worth the 60k plus getting blamed when the child falls behind or is not successful. Being a teacher is hard and I have a great appreciation for what they do.
and what do you purpose to "hold them accountable". The fact that their child is actually in school is an accomplishment in some cases.

and what do you purpose to "hold them accountable". The fact that their child is actually in school is an accomplishment in some cases.
I hope you’re not being serious. You’re a good dude and I truly believe you care about the kids. You’ve been around the school system a long time so you know what it looked like when things were done the right way.

I hope you’re not being serious. You’re a good dude and I truly believe you care about the kids. You’ve been around the school system a long time so you know what it looked like when things were done the right way.
Things are done the right way anymore. That’s exactly what EP was talking about,and he’s right.

I have not only been in the schools, but in the homes and in the courts. Sometimes, just sometimes keeping the kid at home, out of the system, drug-free and baby-free is the best you can do. Then you have to keep food on the table, clothes on their backs and the utilities on consistently. Now you have to deal with folks who have ran away coming back telling you that you are "playing" the victim to make themselves feel better.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
@EPJr, I refuse to question what you have seen or witnessed, because I see how you are trying to promote the kids on this forum. I don't know the exact answer regarding school issues. I see the deterioration of the education system everyday. The lack of value or investment in education by all races and cultures has become a huge problem.

I am a very conservative, white man who grew up poor and has devoted 35 years of public service in the inner cities. I could care less about monuments being torn down or school names being changed. You cannot wipe out or erase history. You can learn from it. What I do care about is encouraging/empowering kids to believe they have a future. Making excuses for "victim" parents and non victim ones for that matter is what continues to exacerbate this problem. If you have been in the schools and courts you have witnessed the violence, disrespect, lack of parental involvement, and exceedingly low expectations. Truancy is at an all time high. Kids roam the streets or stay in the bed all day.

How do we change this? Accountability, attitude, and providing kids with an opportunity to earn a living. Not everyone needs to go to college. Schools need to start focusing on trades. Develop values regarding work, effort, and satisfaction. Put money in kids pockets through co-ops and internships. Find something they enjoy besides a pipe dream of being an influencer, gamer, rap artist...... Make it real.

This is not rocket science, but the truth of the matter is the powers to be like it this way. They enjoy seeing us argue, fight, and not seeing the forest for the trees. It keeps them in business and when they throw us a bone we don't think about the cost or negative consequences we just narcissistically say "that's a damn good bone!". Keep on dogging each other and throwing stones if it makes you feel better. Just once try putting aside your hatred, personal agendas and stereotypes. We just may be able to get it right. I do want "America to be great again", but my vision does not include bigotry it revolves around the core values of loving and respecting one another.

Now can we get back to football. Two weeks to go. Peace out!

@EPJr, I refuse to question what you have seen or witnessed, because I see how you are trying to promote the kids on this forum. I don't know the exact answer regarding school issues. I see the deterioration of the education system everyday. The lack of value or investment in education by all races and cultures has become a huge problem.

I am a very conservative, white man who grew up poor and has devoted 35 years of public service in the inner cities. I could care less about monuments being torn down or school names being changed. You cannot wipe out or erase history. You can learn from it. What I do care about is encouraging/empowering kids to believe they have a future. Making excuses for "victim" parents and non victim ones for that matter is what continues to exacerbate this problem. If you have been in the schools and courts you have witnessed the violence, disrespect, lack of parental involvement, and exceedingly low expectations. Truancy is at an all time high. Kids roam the streets or stay in the bed all day.

How do we change this? Accountability, attitude, and providing kids with an opportunity to earn a living. Not everyone needs to go to college. Schools need to start focusing on trades. Develop values regarding work, effort, and satisfaction. Put money in kids pockets through co-ops and internships. Find something they enjoy besides a pipe dream of being an influencer, gamer, rap artist...... Make it real.

This is not rocket science, but the truth of the matter is the powers to be like it this way. They enjoy seeing us argue, fight, and not seeing the forest for the trees. It keeps them in business and when they throw us a bone we don't think about the cost or negative consequences we just narcissistically say "that's a damn good bone!". Keep on dogging each other and throwing stones if it makes you feel better. Just once try putting aside your hatred, personal agendas and stereotypes. We just may be able to get it right. I do want "America to be great again", but my vision does not include bigotry it revolves around the core values of loving and respecting one another.

Now can we get back to football. Two weeks to go. Peace out!
well said
but you need to say it to your friends and fellow travelers
while you are talking cooperation - they are talking executions
guess who folks are gonna hear?

well said
but you need to say it to your friends and fellow travelers
while you are talking cooperation - they are talking executions
guess who folks are gonna hear?
Hmmm. Executions? My "friends and fellow travelers" ? Before I make any assumptions I will ask you to explain. I honestly have no clue what the heck you are talking about. Please do not associate me with anyone or specific entity. I am my own man and my words are driven from a lifetime of sacrifice and love of the kids/families I work with. Its not about politics, race, culture, or any outside motivation. It all comes from the way I was raised and a huge broken heart inside of this body of mine.

How good is their JV? Let’s talk ball, not politics.

They gonna spread it and shred it or run the Royal Wishbone?

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Hmmm. Executions? My "friends and fellow travelers" ? Before I make any assumptions I will ask you to explain. I honestly have no clue what the heck you are talking about. Please do not associate me with anyone or specific entity. I am my own man and my words are driven from a lifetime of sacrifice and love of the kids/families I work with. Its not about politics, race, culture, or any outside motivation. It all comes from the way I was raised and a huge broken heart inside of this body of mine.
fair enough
but to answer your question I was referring to a certain female US Senator.
Just like the 1940's ordinary folk choose to act like they don't hear dangerous rhetoric.

Holding parents accountable... it's sad that concept has become such a radical idea. It's much easier, and PC, to just blame others these days.

Holding parents accountable... it's sad that concept has become such a radical idea. It's much easier, and PC, to just blame others these days.
That’s the direction we’re going. May not show up right now but the cumulative affect is real. Teachers are facing burnout and leaving education, kids turn into adults and get into more trouble and parents get the call from the jail and/or detectives tasked with handling death investigations. It’s a lose lose on all ends.

fair enough
but to answer your question I was referring to a certain female US Senator.
Just like the 1940's ordinary folk choose to act like they don't hear dangerous rhetoric.
Again you are making assumptions. I quit watching regular television several years ago. Heck I don't even read the paper anymore. I do enjoy watching old westerns and other movies on prime, Pluto, and YouTube. I live so far in the country we don't even have cable and just received rural band wifi/Internet 6 months ago. I can't even get local Richmond stations with an antenna. If I am lucky and it's not too cloudy I can get channel 3 and 10 from the beach area. Me and my wife go to the gym, ride our bikes a lot and study/teach a bus ministry Sunday school class to elementary kids from Petersburg. Reading historical books is something I do at night and recently finished Thurgood Marshalls biography by Juan Williams. Sorry, but I am not into politics. Aside from my very high energy job and Dinwiddie football my life is rather mundane.

Last edited:
Again you are making assumptions. I quit watching regular television several years ago. Heck I don't even read the paper anymore. I do enjoy watching old westerns and other movies on prime, Pluto, and YouTube. I live so far in the country we don't even have cable and just received rural band wifi/Internet 6 months ago. I can't even get local Richmond stations with an antenna. If I am lucky and it's not too cloudy I can get channel 3 and 10 from the beach area. Me and my wife go to the gym, ride our bikes a lot and study/teach a bus ministry Sunday school class to elementary kids from Petersburg. Reading historical books is something I do at night and recently finished Thurgood Marshalls biography by Juan Williams. Sorry, but I am not into politics. Aside from my very high energy job and Dinwiddie football my life is rather mundane.
Yeah I can’t get with anything he’s saying. The riddles aren’t adding up & if it was you saying that, the race card would’ve been brought up. Calling someone a “fellow traveler” is WILD business. Fighting words if the shoe was on the other foot.

Yeah I can’t get with anything he’s saying. The riddles aren’t adding up & if it was you saying that, the race card would’ve been brought up. Calling someone a “fellow traveler” is WILD business. Fighting words if the shoe was on the other foot.
I will not go down that road again, ever... @BoKnowsSports. I truly regret some of the stuff we all put each through several years ago. I googled the "execution" statement and discovered it did not come from a US Senator. Marjorie Green, a representative from Georgia said democrats who she believes committed treason should be executed. I don't think she is the brightest apple in the tree and although I totally disagree with the article I read the worse case scenario punishment for anyone convicted of treason against the USA could be death. I said I was conservative not an idiot. Lol.

Last edited:
That’s the direction we’re going. May not show up right now but the cumulative affect is real. Teachers are facing burnout and leaving education, kids turn into adults and get into more trouble and parents get the call from the jail and/or detectives tasked with handling death investigations. It’s a lose lose on all ends.
Teacher was once such a respected position in this country. Its sad to see how they've been turned into glorified babysitters. And that's not just in city schools. The concept of parenting is lost, and has been lost across a large swathe of every race and class it seems. Not sure how to bring it back honestly.

LOL I love old Clint Eastwood westerns. We are vacationing in Arizona at the moment and had the pleasure of visiting the town of Williams the other day. They have their town set up like the old west.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT