ADVERTISEMENT

This is Hilltopperhokie's idea

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
Coaching in the Seminole district is elite. Rank the staffs in order.

This is a good topic for discussion, so who wants to weigh in?

I posed the question but have no idea the correct answer.
Most people will say heritage and glass at the top but the lines are thin.
Lca is very well coached.
Jack Baker and Chris Watts do an amazing job with less talent.
John Meeks wins 8 games every year.
Jf is unproven at this point, new staff.
Christmas is the fundraising king and has a proven track record.
If you are going to win in the Seminole you better have players because not many of these programs are going to beat themselves.

Nobody can ever know the true answer because of all the underlying factors. But this is an excellent topic. I’m excited to see what our new guys out and Forest will line up in offensively, and how they can correct the defensive mentality.

I posed the question but have no idea the correct answer.
Most people will say heritage and glass at the top but the lines are thin.
Lca is very well coached.
Jack Baker and Chris Watts do an amazing job with less talent.
John Meeks wins 8 games every year.
Jf is unproven at this point, new staff.
Christmas is the fundraising king and has a proven track record.
If you are going to win in the Seminole you better have players because not many of these programs are going to beat themselves.
Christmas is the fundraising king. It has already been proven at Amherst.

So many variables to consider. If you were to eliminate the Head Coach, Here's how I'd rank the staffs: I wouldn't take my opinion too hard

Heritage- All the head coaches that at some time no one wanted. Good sized staff. Bradley and Torrence are the most vocal ones.
Glass - Chemistry and Woody lets his guys coach and doesn't coach over them. Burford is the best D coordinator in the District.
Amherst
LCA
Rustburg-Scharnus, Reavis former head coaches
JF -sleeper
Brookville - I like the Fire that Brookville's staff has. Very relatable to the kids. They look like they have fun.
Liberty - I HATE to put them last! They coached a heck of a game against Heritage last year.

All the schools have great staffs. Its so close. Wayyyyy to hard to rank.

So many variables to consider. If you were to eliminate the Head Coach, Here's how I'd rank the staffs: I wouldn't take my opinion too hard

Heritage- All the head coaches that at some time no one wanted. Good sized staff. Bradley and Torrence are the most vocal ones.
Glass - Chemistry and Woody lets his guys coach and doesn't coach over them. Burford is the best D coordinator in the District.
Amherst
LCA
Rustburg-Scharnus, Reavis former head coaches
JF -sleeper
Brookville - I like the Fire that Brookville's staff has. Very relatable to the kids. They look like they have fun.
Liberty - I HATE to put them last! They coached a heck of a game against Heritage last year.

All the schools have great staffs. Its so close. Wayyyyy to hard to rank.
Excellent post. We all know the saying, "a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link." Well the same applies to coaching IMO. A head coach (the chain) is only as good as his assistant coaches (the links).

Last edited:
Reactions: MrSir#5
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT