ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on 2A boys regional...

leemen

VaPreps All District
Feb 12, 2004
16 teams are left. 8 in the West and 8 in the East. Each team needs one win to secure a state tourney bid. The other 8 will go home for the season. Thoughts on the favorites and who might surprise and the best matchups?

East:

R.E.Lee Vs Bruton
Prince Edward Vs George Mason
Greensville County Vs Page County
Madison County Vs Bluestone

West:

Glenvar Vs Dan River
Union Vs Graham
Appomattox Vs Martinsville
Richlands Vs Gate City

Some interesting matchups on both sides. The winner will have at least three games left. Semifinals, Title or consolation, and State Quarterfinal. We should know the 8 State tourney teams after tomorrow night.

I've only seen 2 of the 16 remaining squads live and in person this season. However, the field looks fairly wide open to me given the relative weakness of the basketball all over the state this year. I only see 2 or 3 teams that I look at their results, their history, the matchups etc. and say that they're just probably in over their heads and they'll be gone after Tuesday. The rest appear to all have a shot at the final day in Richmond.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Hope the weather here in the valley holds to just rain..one forecast is calling for ice...however, I don't know much about the west teams, except for their history, the east, I have seen four of the teams play, and I have to say that George Mason is the top team, but, the east looks pretty even for the other seven teams...have to work tomorrow night, just may have to ask off to see Page/Greensville

East:
R.E.Lee Vs Bruton
Prince Edward Vs George Mason
Greensville County Vs Page County
Madison County Vs Bluestone

West:
Glenvar Vs Dan River
Union Vs Graham
Appomattox Vs Martinsville
Richlands Vs Gate City

Bruton
GM