ADVERTISEMENT

To Whom It May Concern:

rainman17

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 24, 2012
Let's face it folks the state of VA is a hotbed for recruiting but majority of the talent rich areas are more urbanized/modern areas. The larger people population versus a larger land mass will easily produce better options for skilled players to complete a roster of 11 versus 5 or 6 with fill the gap talent around them. Geographically gives you the best of example of how times and places are changing and others are not. The more people generally generates more money, probably why Salem is a city even though Roanoke city and Salem can be kissing cousins they're so damn close. However the population in the western part versus the northern and SE region of VA are different. I'll use this example: The top team "true numbers" team of AA football in the 00's probably would've been the back-to-back Amherst teams.(M** preps had them ranked in the nation, Rivals:12th best in the state). People made several claims about how it was unfair, and should be playing up because they were a bigger school. Albeit 1400 students or so isn't really a large school in VA. Talent wise they had about 3-7 true division one talents and not all of them were starters that year, some were underclassmen who got in the games because they were blowouts. In reality, talent always comes around in cycles and in the western part this year's Salem team was probably one of those special crop of kids. They soundly defeated everyone they played minus the one game they lost, when they ran into their buzz-saw. Saturday let's face it the Spartans got whipped up front and didn't execute on defense whatever gameplan they had to win. If they did then Coach Mags isn't the guy we've though he was but I know he is the guy and he'll admit they didn't execute. They can do these things but objectionably I'd say LT was a team that would consistently win 7 more on the side of 8 games at least out of 10, played versus Salem with the rosters at full health. I believe that the other side of the state east, south, or whatever will keep their traditional values and continue to play up, by numbers Phoebus, LT and other schools were undersized in the old AAA classification but they played who they were given and iron sharpens iron[/B] as the old additive goes. The more you want to be better the more you'll strive and push to be better. If you play great programs and teams you'll get better similar to a Roanoke and surrounding team using Salem for their measuring stick until they began winning their own championships.

Now regarding this DEVILS POST:
As an adult for people to come on and question a coach who's here solely speaking about his kids who grind out and don't have a voice on this site when the barbs and jabs are thrown shows his character. The coach never has belittled players, he just questions the ADULTS. He gives you football by the numbers and a coach's opinion which normally tends to be brash for a fanatic which most us on this board make up. A lot of people may have played that post on this board but don't coach or see the game deeper than the basics and ups and downs. Arm-chair coaching or spectating is very different than real coaching and playing at high levels. If your blinders are on and think we're a post-racial society in 2014 then you my friend are sadly miseducated. There are a lot of good people in this world but there are some others who aren't so high on the good people totem pole when we're talking about ALL of humanity. He stirs the pot for the fanatics not for other coaches nor does he give you bulletin board material just objectionable opinions to fellow adults. The same way you choose to cut on the TV or not you can do the same with what you read with this threads.

Football is Football and I promise you that these talent swings and surges will balance out on the playing field, the players will play and the other side will hoist the trophy some years and vice versa. Sportsmanship, character, and making it easier for the kids to get exposure are the only things that matter in HS Football. Wait and the championships cause that's what we line up to play for, if you're not working towards one you may as well go home. I look forward to a better season next year from everybody, even on the board the posters should get wiser with each year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT